U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Yakima WA
3,858 posts, read 4,281,103 times
Reputation: 3155

Advertisements

First of all a disclaimer, I am a conservative who is anti-illegal immigration. I totally oppose legislation such as the DREAM act etc. Where I live is absolutely flooded with new Mexican immigrants, I'm sure many are illegal. In all reality they aren't going to be deported anytime soon. There is something I do appreciate about the immigrants, the way the women dress and carry themselves.

When I go to Wal-Mart it is amazing to see the difference between the white and Mexican women. The majority of the white women have totally let themselves go. They are huge, wear no makeup, wear sweats and tennis shoes, and are covered in tattoos. They have a roughness about them. Many are over the top nasty as seen in the Peopleofwallmart web site. I'm not saying all white women in the U.S have lost all interest in looking good, but it is generally true among the lower class white women.

On the contrary the Mexican women I see at Wal-Mart look pretty. They actually dress up just to go to the store. They do their hair, wear makeup and cute outfits, many are even wearing heels. To be honest the women speaking Spanish are the ones I notice are most likely to be dressed nice. So it must be a part of Mexican culture for women not to leave the house unless they look presentable. It's that way in many counntries...it even used to be that way in the USA.

Once again I'm overall against illegal immigration but I find this to be one nice side effect of it. Do you think there is any chance the Mexican women will have a positive influence on white women in this regard?

 
Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Reputation: 6517
So why is this thread in the illegal immigration forum?
 
Old 11-24-2010, 12:27 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,807 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Reputation: 17697
What nonsense. If a woman is wearing heals out in public she is probably middle class not poor. Go drive around in the poor hoods/barrios and you'll see plenty of over weight people that have other things on their mind than impressing perverts at Walmart.
 
Old 11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
 
953 posts, read 742,350 times
Reputation: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
"....When I go to Wal-Mart it is amazing to see the difference between the white and Mexican women. The majority of the white women have totally let themselves go. They are huge,"

after intercepting and viewing early Television transmissions, Space Aliens landing on Earth would ask:


"hey...where'd all the fat people come from?"
 
Old 11-24-2010, 12:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,807 posts, read 30,061,070 times
Reputation: 17697
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
after intercepting and viewing early Television transmissions, space Aliens landing on earth would ask:

"hey...where'd all the fat people come from?"
The funny thing is that not that long ago someone would be considered wealthy if they were heavier. It was a status.
 
Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Reputation: 4611
 
Old 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
 
3,853 posts, read 3,164,247 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
First of all a disclaimer, I am a conservative who is anti-illegal immigration. I totally oppose legislation such as the DREAM act etc. Where I live is absolutely flooded with new Mexican immigrants, I'm sure many are illegal. In all reality they aren't going to be deported anytime soon. There is something I do appreciate about the immigrants, the way the women dress and carry themselves.

When I go to Wal-Mart it is amazing to see the difference between the white and Mexican women. The majority of the white women have totally let themselves go. They are huge, wear no makeup, wear sweats and tennis shoes, and are covered in tattoos. They have a roughness about them. Many are over the top nasty as seen in the Peopleofwallmart web site. I'm not saying all white women in the U.S have lost all interest in looking good, but it is generally true among the lower class white women.

On the contrary the Mexican women I see at Wal-Mart look pretty. They actually dress up just to go to the store. They do their hair, wear makeup and cute outfits, many are even wearing heels. To be honest the women speaking Spanish are the ones I notice are most likely to be dressed nice. So it must be a part of Mexican culture for women not to leave the house unless they look presentable. It's that way in many counntries...it even used to be that way in the USA.

Once again I'm overall against illegal immigration but I find this to be one nice side effect of it. Do you think there is any chance the Mexican women will have a positive influence on white women in this regard?
Maybe where you live and shop Walmart isn't exactly high fashion. BTW I've seen plenty of ragged,out of shape women out there.

BTW this is the Illegal Alien thread,that aside the group I see with less morbid obesity issues is Asians as being morbidly overweight is frowned upon.But I see your point as a man I couldn't see myself with a woman who had no sense of style or pride in her appearance.

To answer your question yes a different culture or a certain ethnic group CAN influence fashion. Look at a lot of African American women that straighten their hair and wear weaves,it works for some and looks ridiculous on others. Inregards to Mexican American women's style/fashion influence,their are positives that any culture can bring.
 
Old 11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Maybe where you live and shop Walmart isn't exactly high fashion. BTW I've seen plenty of ragged,out of shape women out there.

BTW this is the Illegal Alien thread,that aside the group I see with less morbid obesity issues is Asians as being morbidly overweight is frowned upon.But I see your point as a man
Quote:
I couldn't see myself with a woman who had no sense of style or pride in her appearance.
To answer your question yes a different culture or a certain ethnic group CAN influence fashion. Look at a lot of African American women that straighten their hair and wear weaves,it works for some and looks ridiculous on others. Inregards to Mexican American women's style/fashion influence,their are positives that any culture can bring.
In order for that to be tolerated by a spouce is, they're both alike.
 
Old 11-24-2010, 02:44 PM
 
3,853 posts, read 3,164,247 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
In order for that to be tolerated by a spouce is, they're both alike.
Very True,it's sad when you see their children in ragged,sloppy clothes with uncombed hair.

Tattoos can be done artfully,but some people have what basically is just body graffiti that looks horrible and stupid.And some of these people wonder why they can't find a good paying job.

Who in their right mind would hire someone with poor hygiene and a shabby appearance to represent their company? The worst is when they where flip flops everywhere and have their feet covered in motor oil and dirt they walk through.
 
Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Reputation: 2130
I have seen many Latinas that dress like hookers IMO and too much makeup. Their food certainly isn't fat-free either. After a few kids, well you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top