U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,971,872 times
Reputation: 1806

Advertisements

Real American kids can't get in to college because anchor babies & illegals have higher GPAs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2010, 05:52 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,256,955 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Workers Need New Careers But Many Classes Full | TheLedger.com

this article was interesting from the standpoint of California's and other states offering in state tuition to illegals

We are in terrible shape, jobs wise, how can we continue to take on the problems of Mexico, as well....I don't understand. I have grandchildren who will be attempting to get into local colleges and/or entering the so called "job market" within the next 3-4 years. They will be competing with the anchor babies for education and jobs. It isn't right.
The future is looking bleaker and bleaker, and it is not just because of the illegals, but the legals as well. This country takes in far more immigrants each year, than jobs being created. The worst are the immigrants coming in from developing countries, they don't have any skills and drive out any chance of American citizens without skills from getting jobs. Our country also cannot continue to support expanding subsidy programs that were originally only intended for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,256,955 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Real American kids can't get in to college because anchor babies & illegals have higher GPAs?
What a ridiculous, and uneducated statement; this is typical bleeding heart liberal rationale, similar to the myth that there are "jobs that Americans won't do." Even a cursory look at any data indicates the reason why American schools up to grade 12 are declining is because of immigrants who can't speak the language effectively. White urban citizens continue to achieve the highest GPA's.

Last edited by 1979; 11-30-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Reputation: 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
The future is looking bleaker and bleaker, and it is not just because of the illegals, but the legals as well. This country takes in far more immigrants each year, than jobs being created. The worst are the immigrants coming in from developing countries, they don't have any skills and drive out any chance of American citizens without skills from getting jobs. Our country also cannot continue to support expanding subsidy programs that were originally only intended for Americans.
For LEGAL immigrants this would only hold true ( in SOME cases) for those coming in under asylum/refugee status, on family related visas and possibly under the Diversity Lottery program (though they have to have at least a HS diploma level of education).

It's the ILLEGALS that have ZERO skills or education for the most part. That's WHY they come illegally, because they cannot qualify for LEGAL immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
 
1,003 posts, read 2,256,955 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
For LEGAL immigrants this would only hold true ( in SOME cases) for those coming in under asylum/refugee status, on family related visas and possibly under the Diversity Lottery program (though they have to have at least a HS diploma level of education).

It's the ILLEGALS that have ZERO skills or education for the most part. That's WHY they come illegally, because they cannot qualify for LEGAL immigration.
Immigrants coming here from places like Haiti, Dominican Republic, parts of Central and South America, and Africa often struggle in our school system. Regardless, immigration is killing this country, we are taking in too many people, and we are losing over 450K jobs in this nation a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top