U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 AM

4,896 posts, read 5,863,520 times

Advertisements

Workers Need New Careers But Many Classes Full | TheLedger.com

this article was interesting from the standpoint of California's and other states offering in state tuition to illegals

Quote:
..snipped..All over the United States, community college enrollments have surged with unemployed and underemployed people seeking new skills.
Quote:
But just as workers have turned to community colleges, states cut thier budgets forcing the institutions to turn away legions of students and stymieing the efforts to retrain the work force ..snipped...
Quote:
..snipped..In California, with a budget cut of 8 % across the board, the community colleges turned away 140,000 last year. In Colorado, the waiting lists for nursing programs at some of the state's community colleges have grown to as long as 3.5 years...snipped..

We are in terrible shape, jobs wise, how can we continue to take on the problems of Mexico, as well....I don't understand. I have grandchildren who will be attempting to get into local colleges and/or entering the so called "job market" within the next 3-4 years. They will be competing with the anchor babies for education and jobs. It isn't right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

this article was interesting from the standpoint of California's and other states offering in state tuition to illegals

We are in terrible shape, jobs wise, how can we continue to take on the problems of Mexico, as well....I don't understand. I have grandchildren who will be attempting to get into local colleges and/or entering the so called "job market" within the next 3-4 years. They will be competing with the anchor babies for education and jobs. It isn't right.
You have no government that functions for your benefit if you're a member of the middle or low income class. The function of the U.S. government is to destroy all vestiges of our nation and create one big trade zone where commerce and labor move about freely, unimpeded by ideas that Americans should be able to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, and other such outmoded concepts.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Just to state the obvious, so-called anchor babies are US citizens and are deserving of every right and privialge as your grandchildren. But you knew that...didn't you?

If you have a problem with your state granting in-state tution rates or your state providing tuition to illegal aliens, then that can be taken up by/with your state's legislature.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Just to state the obvious, so-called anchor babies are US citizens and are deserving of every right and privialge as your grandchildren. But you knew that...didn't you?

If you have a problem with your state granting in-state tution rates or your state providing tuition to illegal aliens, then that can be taken up by/with your state's legislature.
If not for these anchor baby's parents entering our country illegally and giving birth on our soil, Americans born from citizen parents wouldn't have to compete with them for jobs and spots in our colleges. It is the illegal alien parents and the fact that our government that has made a laughing stock of our citizenship is what makes me sick.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If not for these anchor baby's parents entering our country illegally and giving birth on our soil, Americans born from citizen parents wouldn't have to compete with them for jobs and spots in our colleges. It is the illegal alien parents and the fact that our government that has made a laughing stock of our citizenship is what makes me sick.
^^ This

It's unfortunate that we have a third world sh*t hole on our southern border dragging us down.....

Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
If my dog were a cat he would purrrrr. It makes no diffrence in a person's lineage; If born on Amerrican soil or Naturalized.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Ditto! Sorry I canít rep you. Itís beyond nauseating.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
^^ This

It's unfortunate that we have a third world sh*t hole on our southern border dragging us down.....
I'm sorry you feel this Country is being "drug down". I give thanks that I live in a country so rich and free[regardless of Our neighbors].

Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel this Country is being "drug down". I give thanks that I live in a country so rich and free[regardless of Our neighbors].
This country isn't going to remain rich and free much longer if our government continues to allow this illegal invasion of our southern neighbors.

Last edited by chicagonut; 11-30-2010 at 02:04 PM..

Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
The statistics claim over 65 THOUSAND undocumented children graduate high school each YEAR. Not talking about anchor babies that are USC by birthright here, talking about ILLEGALS taking up seats in education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration