U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 AM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Reputation: 2439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Why are you interested in the 10% figure? Based on my experience, the places where interest in racial purity and aversion to "miscegenation" abound are on forums like Stormfront. And the poster was correcting a misnomer, since "America" is a pair of continents and adjacent islands and landmasses. That's how other "Americans" outside of the U.S. often use the term.
Your experience has failed you at that assumption. My comment was on how American was perceived here.

Stormfront and Racist forums were not the topic. You should be familiar with them as I've seen your posts ,so before you attempt to to paint me with that brush you need to look at yourself.

We can disagree and have a civil debate. Maybe that's not what you're looking for?

Last edited by antarez; 12-02-2010 at 01:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Maybe because it's a white populist conspiracy theory akin to those regarding centralized Jewish control of financial institutions? Just my guess.
No, there is enough evidence as to what some of Mexican ancestry have in mind for the U.S. Of course, the denials continue by those who are advocates of that movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe, this is what they were drinking when they lost the fight!! No, wonder they think we stole the land. Tequila, makes you not shoot straight!
LOL......

I also agree with other posters on here. Its racist to have an all ethnic Political party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
 
Location: SELA
532 posts, read 875,884 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Your experience has failed you at that assumption. My comment was on how American was perceived here.

Stormfront and Racist forums were not the topic. You should be familiar with them as I've seen your posts ,so before you attempt to to paint me with that brush you need to look at yourself.

We can disagree and have a civil debate. Maybe that's not what you're looking for?
Maybe it's not what you're looking for, considering some of your colorful comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Why is Mexico a FAILED State.
Because it's run by Mexicans that's why.
I made inferences based on evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, there is enough evidence as to what some of Mexican ancestry have in mind for the U.S. Of course, the denials continue by those who are advocates of that movement.
There is no such thing as "Mexican ancestry," since "Mexican" is a national demonym, and nationality is not a genetic characteristic, nor even a necessarily hereditary characteristic. Aside from that, this racist conspiracy theory, so parallel to others now condemned as such, is counterintuitive and illogical based on the racial stratification of Mexican society alone. It's only the widespread ignorance that rightists have of that reality that keeps this particular conspiracy theory going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
LOL......

I also agree with other posters on here. Its racist to have an all ethnic Political party.
You'll have to explain why an "ethnic group" composed of multiple races is "racist." Also, organization in opposition to racism isn't "racist." Ethnic-based civil rights organization will end when ethnic-based oppression and discrimination does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
 
2,086 posts, read 2,102,404 times
Reputation: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Seems to me they want to see just how much of the envelope they can push. Amazing that one Ethnic group, thinks that they are above all others. What else will they come to expect from us.
I guess they figure that it is working for the muslims......it will work for them, and I am sure that they are right. Our coward, I mean president, will cower to them as well. He is allowing them to just come on over as it is. America is a free for all, except if you are an American citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote Agnapostate:

"There is no such thing as "Mexican ancestry," since "Mexican" is a national demonym, and nationality is not a genetic characteristic, nor even a necessarily hereditary characteristic. Aside from that, this racist conspiracy theory, so parallel to others now condemned as such, is counterintuitive and illogical based on the racial stratification of Mexican society alone. It's only the widespread ignorance that rightists have of that reality that keeps this particular conspiracy theory going."

Oh yes, there is. It simply means that one's ancestors or immediate family were born in Mexico. I am of Polish ancestry as that is where my father's family originated from. I never said anything about genetics.

So you are saying you never heard of the reconquista movement? It is all just a figment of our imaginations? Don't insult our intelligence in here. I would be glad to post you some videos of those with that mindset but you already know its is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote Agnapostate:

"You'll have to explain why an "ethnic group" composed of multiple races is "racist." Also, organization in opposition to racism isn't "racist." Ethnic-based civil rights organization will end when ethnic-based oppression and discrimination does"

This Hispanic "ethnic group" if it becomes organized isn't about fighting racism but bending our laws for their ethnic group here illegally. Just what ethnic-based oppression and discrimination are Hispanic citizens suffering from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
 
Location: SELA
532 posts, read 875,884 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh yes, there is. It simply means that one's ancestors or immediate family were born in Mexico. I am of Polish ancestry as that is where my father's family originated from. I never said anything about genetics.
Then everyone descended from people in the U.S. Southwest, much of Central America, and other provinces once associated with Mexico, are "of Mexican ancestry." Do you use the term in that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So you are saying you never heard of the reconquista movement? It is all just a figment of our imaginations? Don't insult our intelligence in here. I would be glad to post you some videos of those with that mindset but you already know its is true.
Certainly I am familiar with this movement, as you never miss an opportunity to educate us about this fabulously clever and seditious ethnic-based conspiracy, no matter how many times my refutations of your claims go unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This Hispanic "ethnic group" if it becomes organized isn't about fighting racism but bending our laws for their ethnic group here illegally.
Such a perspective leaves no means for Hispanics to organize resistance to discrimination unrelated to immigration reform, in that case. We now see that your view regards any Hispanic social or political organization as an inherent threat based on seditious tendencies. I'm reminded of the rightist allegation that the civil rights movement of the 1960's was Communist-inspired, leaving no possibility that people of color might actually struggle to acquire equal rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just what ethnic-based oppression and discrimination are Hispanic citizens suffering from?
While formal legal discrimination is officially ended, discrimination exists nowadays in the form of biased application of laws (such as profiling, sentencing disparities, etc.), the "economic" realm (such as labor market discrimination in the form of employment and wages, housing discrimination, welfare discrimination, etc.), and through informal bigotry, such as hate crimes and the like. The deepest and most serious discrimination as it applies to "Hispanics" occurs against Indians, and is probably primarily associated with their appearance. However, there is secondary discrimination associated with accent that all Hispanics can potentially experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
[quote=Agnapostate;16860195]Then everyone descended from people in the U.S. Southwest, much of Central America, and other provinces once associated with Mexico, are "of Mexican ancestry." Do you use the term in that way?

What part of if their own family tree originated/were born in Mexico, don't you get?


Certainly I am familiar with this movement, as you never miss an opportunity to educate us about this fabulously clever and seditious ethnic-based conspiracy, no matter how many times my refutations of your claims go unanswered.

First you say you are familiar with the movement and then you go on to say that you are refuting it?


Such a perspective leaves no means for Hispanics to organize resistance to discrimination unrelated to immigration reform, in that case. We now see that your view regards any Hispanic social or political organization as an inherent threat based on seditious tendencies. I'm reminded of the rightist allegation that the civil rights movement of the 1960's was Communist-inspired, leaving no possibility that people of color might actually struggle to acquire equal rights.

I asked what discrimination the legal or citizen Hispanics are experiencing and you gave no answer, why? Check out any Hispanic advocacy group and you will see that they all want our laws bent for their illegal counterparts. The agenda behind that for many is seditiousness with a political goal in mind. What has the Civil Rights Era to do with illegal immigration? Just where is this discrimination against legal/citizen Hispanics in this country based on skin color? Just what equal rights aren't they getting?

While formal legal discrimination is officially ended, discrimination exists nowadays in the form of biased application of laws (such as profiling, sentencing disparities, etc.), the "economic" realm (such as labor market discrimination in the form of employment and wages, housing discrimination, welfare discrimination, etc.), and through informal bigotry, such as hate crimes and the like. The deepest and most serious discrimination as it applies to "Hispanics" occurs against Indians, and is probably primarily associated with their appearance. However, there is secondary discrimination associated with accent that all Hispanics can potentially experience.

Hispanics are not being discriminated against based on your criteria above. Where is your proof of that? In fact they are being favored in many cases because they can speak Spanish and therefore communicate with illegals on the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2010, 07:13 PM
 
Location: SELA
532 posts, read 875,884 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What part of if their own family tree originated/were born in Mexico, don't you get?
How is this criteria determined? How many generations does it go back? Does it apply to all people in all of Mexico? Does it cease applying to former Mexican provinces and regions? Please elaborate, so that we can see how this term has any meaning or coherence whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First you say you are familiar with the movement and then you go on to say that you are refuting it?
Quite right. Familiar with it as it exists in your head and in the imaginations of your fellow conspiracists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I asked what discrimination the legal or citizen Hispanics are experiencing and you gave no answer, why? Check out any Hispanic advocacy group and you will see that they all want our laws bent for their illegal counterparts.
Perusing the "Issues" section of the National Council of La Raza, I happened to find the following list:

Quote:
Advocacy & Empowerment
Children and Youth
Civil Rights and Justice
Wealth-Building
Economy and Workforce
Education
Health and Nutrition
Immigration
Research
I guess one out of nine isn't bad? And actually, rather than have laws "bent," there's call to have laws reformed. Your assertion is comparable to claims that civil rights protesters who demanded the abolition of Jim Crow laws "wanted laws bent."

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The agenda behind that for many is seditiousness with a political goal in mind.
And as I said, this is called an ethnic-based conspiracy theory. It is similar to those that associated Japanese ethnicity with enemy nationalism, Ashkenazi ethnicity with financial manipulation, and African-American ethnicity, during the civil rights movement, with a Jew-driven Communist plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What has the Civil Rights Era to do with illegal immigration?
Hopefully, this won't need to be explained to you a third time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just where is this discrimination against legal/citizen Hispanics in this country based on skin color? Just what equal rights aren't they getting?
How can there be "discrimination" against "Hispanics" based on "skin color," since Hispanics do not have any sort of homogenous or uniform skin color, not being a race, but persons with national origins in Spanish-speaking countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hispanics are not being discriminated against based on your criteria above. Where is your proof of that? In fact they are being favored in many cases because they can speak Spanish and therefore communicate with illegals on the job.
"Illegals"? I'm not familiar with this incoherent sentence, since you seem to be using an adjective in place of a noun. Apart from the fact that numerous immigrants speak Zapotec, Mixtec, Nahuatl, Q'iche, or some other language than Castilian (which you incorrectly misidentidy as "Spanish"), the evidence is found in sources such as An Analysis of the Correlates of Discrimination Facing Young Hispanic Job-Seekers, in which it is stated that, "The results reporter here, using audit data that provide a clearly appropriate measure of differential hiring outcomes, show strong evidence of differential treatment between Anglo and Hispanic entry-level job-seekers in two cities. The Hispanic auditors were significantly less likely than their Anglo counterparts (i) to be given a positive response when they made a request to file an application, (ii) to obtain job interviews, and (iii) to be offered a job. Even conditional upon receiving an interview, they were less likely to obtain a job than their Anglo counterparts."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top