Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 07:41 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

and maybe take a page from the Aussies....I stumbled across these two links, one is old but still powerful:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Muslims Out of Australia!

Costello to violent Muslims: get out - National - smh.com.au
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 05:18 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I can't see Sharia ever having a place in the US but one day we may wake up and wonder how we got like France and Britain and there will be no turning back.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Default Political Correctness

Favorite topic of mine- I lived through most of the evolution of PC, and witnesed its early stages. It was originally a noble concept. It sought to remove the harshness and rancor from public discourse. The famous "N word" is an example- it was harsh, cruel, and totally unneccessary, and its demise was long overdue.
Like everything else, though, PC has now continued to expand until it is in serious danger of altering our language. When we can no longer be "open and up front" about a problem, there's a good chance that problem will never be openly discussed. PC went from being a sincere "nicety", eventually becoming the butt of many jokes, to the point now that it is a serious impediment to rational thought.
Illegal immigrants are no longer illegal, they're "undocumented"- Bums and winos are "the homeless"- Sadistic, violent bullies are "people with anger issues"- and (in an effort to "regularize" them, I suppose) police officers are now "cops", (at least on our local newscasts).
It is not much of a stretch to state that, if we are to be consistent in our PC thinking, that "shoplifters" will become "shoppers who skipped a step in the shopping process"; that "burglars" will be "uninvited houseguests"; that "rapists" will be "over-enthusiastic suitors", and that "car-jackers" will be "people who really needed a ride, and quick". Perhaps muslim suicide bombers will become "religious persons with unusually strong convictions". Sounds silly, I know, but I'm only pointing out that PC can, and does, "water down" the language until "good" and "evil" become impossible to differentiate.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:08 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,891 times
I looked for a proper place to submit this link. My dad sent this to me and I've sent to everyone I know. This helped me understand the importance of the immigration issue in America. It was tastefully done and wonderful to know

Immigration_by_the_Numbers.mov

If I have not found the correct place to share this, I'm sorry thx

Old 07-15-2007, 03:25 PM

124 posts, read 91,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
and maybe take a page from the Aussies....I stumbled across these two links, one is old but still powerful:

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Muslims Out of Australia!

Costello to violent Muslims: get out - National - smh.com.au

I really would feel uncomfortable taking any page from the book of Aussies...considering how racist their past has been. It was only until recently that they have dispensed with their "white Australia" immigration policy.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
The Aussies certainly have a right to eliminate Muslim extremism from their country. And the comments regarding Islamic Sharia Law are most likely in response to the problems that the UK has been having with Muslim Religious Extremists wanting their followers subject to Islamic Sharia Law instead of British criminal law when they commit crimes.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:24 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,608 times
political correctness is a term invented with the same pervertion and corruption as "human rights"

Between strong straight men, those mediocre concepts do not exist. Americans should realize how they've been brain washed for generations and wake up. Like the founders of his country we must stand up strong for what is right and what we believe.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
political correctness is a term invented with the same pervertion and corruption as "human rights"

Between strong straight men, those mediocre concepts do not exist. Americans should realize how they've been brain washed for generations and wake up. Like the founders of his country we must stand up strong for what is right and what we believe.
Human rights is a bad concept? You leave out a lot of America's citizens with your "between strong straight men" designation don't you?

Is there a group of people who will decide who is strong and who is not? What will happen to those who are judged not strong? And of course there are the female American citizens to consider.

Speaking forthright and honestly is necessary to meaningful debate, but it requires common sense in deciding upon the tenor of the langauge. Your type of post above uses the wrong approach and is likely one of the reasons people chose to "invent" the political correctness slogan to begin with.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:28 PM

259 posts, read 939,174 times
Yes we must stop being liberal Fools!!!!!!

Sharia law - means the path to water! And, it entails economic, business, contract law, social, sexual, genders, and contacts with non-Muslims etc.etc.etc.

Stop Shariah Now

Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Favorite topic of mine- I lived through most of the evolution of PC, and witnesed its early stages. It was originally a noble concept. It sought to remove the harshness and rancor from public discourse. The famous "N word" is an example- it was harsh, cruel, and totally unneccessary, and its demise was long overdue.
Like everything else, though, PC has now continued to expand until it is in serious danger of altering our language. When we can no longer be "open and up front" about a problem, there's a good chance that problem will never be openly discussed. PC went from being a sincere "nicety", eventually becoming the butt of many jokes, to the point now that it is a serious impediment to rational thought.
Illegal immigrants are no longer illegal, they're "undocumented"- Bums and winos are "the homeless"- Sadistic, violent bullies are "people with anger issues"- and (in an effort to "regularize" them, I suppose) police officers are now "cops", (at least on our local newscasts).
It is not much of a stretch to state that, if we are to be consistent in our PC thinking, that "shoplifters" will become "shoppers who skipped a step in the shopping process"; that "burglars" will be "uninvited houseguests"; that "rapists" will be "over-enthusiastic suitors", and that "car-jackers" will be "people who really needed a ride, and quick". Perhaps muslim suicide bombers will become "religious persons with unusually strong convictions". Sounds silly, I know, but I'm only pointing out that PC can, and does, "water down" the language until "good" and "evil" become impossible to differentiate.
You nailed it! PC will be the downfall of our country. It is also taking away freedoms from many and giving them to some others all in the name of PC.

I just thought of another one. Bank robbers will become "unathorized withdrawers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration