Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Pelosi also said that "We owe them".

She what?

Nothing that spews from that ladies lips, surprises me anymore. Why do I get so upset, when she blows toxic smoke?

She is so out of touch with the mainstream USA, since she came from the way out world of San Francisco. No Common Sense What So Ever!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Pelosi also said that "We owe them".
The first thing that came to my mind when I read what you posted was: "For what?"

Seriously, what the heck do we owe ANY of them? And who is "we?" What makes an illegal immigrant youth so much more better than anyone else? More better than the youth that was born here legally or the person that resides here legally and wants a chance at going to school or has some trial or tribulation in their life that is holding THEM back? Where is the DREAM Act for those people? Do we owe it to them too? Or is it really every man for himself? Or does that only apply to legal people here in the US?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Does it even matter anymore what we citizens feel about immigration. Appears to me one side of the aise, that they surely do not give a damn what us Citizens feel about immigration and how it impacts our lives. They just have had it in their minds to do this, and by golly gees they will surely try.

How can any one be for a party either one, who would be for this nonesense, this utter absurd nonesense, for People who came to OUR COUNTRY illegally, and perfectly acceptable. I always thought growing up that something illegal was something wrong, apparently i was wrong.

I don't care what party your affiliated with, but to put up with this utter nonesense when it comes to illegal immigration, and be ok with it, this is the problem, we sit back and let this crap happen.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,387,750 times
You can watch the Senate vote live tomorrow on NumbersUSA.TV

http://www.numbersusa.tv/

Old 12-08-2010, 11:42 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
The people pushing for this and the lawmakers who voted for it seem to ignore these things. One of the arguments on the floor today by a voting Democrat was to "have compassion" for the illegal youth, but where is the compassion for the people who are legally here and have to suffer the negative effects of handing things out to illegal immigrants for years to come?
After reading the dreck and vitriol being spewed by the Dreamies against the elected representatives of this country and Americans (when they thought the tide was going against them) I broke down and cried when I heard this atrocity was actually passed in the House today.

Even though it has only passed the House the Dreamies are already whining in full voice about the age cap being reduced to 30, the unfair fees (this was the first bill that listed actual fees), that there's no retroactivity in the bill for those that already have a degree etc etc etc.

If this passes the Senate, there will be no end to it.

Last edited by Opyelie; 12-08-2010 at 11:52 PM..

Old 12-08-2010, 11:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
After reading the dreck and vitriol being spewed by the Dreamies against the elected representatives of this country and Americans (when they thought the tide was going against them) I broke down and cried when I heard this atrocity was actually passed in the House today.
I wanna break down and cry when I think about the US 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I wanna break down and cry when I think about the US 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years from now.
I'm begining to hope that I won't be here 20 yr's from now.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
I'm begining to hope that I won't be here 20 yr's from now.
Well if I'm not, my kid and HER kids WILL be...........it's what country they'll be living in that worries me.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Watch the Senate vote for the DREAMact live on NumbersUSA..now.

Right now Senators are voting to table the DREAMact vote for a later date.

http://www.numbersusa.tv/

Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Tabled until next week, I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration