U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:28 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times

Advertisements

I believe that anyone who completes an enlistment in the military honorably should be a citizen. Other than that no amnesty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I believe that anyone who completes an enlistment in the military honorably should be a citizen. Other than that no amnesty
Illegal aliens can't join the military, however. I would certainly like to see everyone including Americans join the military for the right reasons. That woud be because they love this country and want to defend it, not for personal gain or monetary gain.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No one looks at the "big" picture of this...how many of those undocumented children, have disabilities? If one is blind, or deaf, or whatever..that undocumented child, is now going to be able to DREAM into SSI...and other services....Medicaid, Food Stamps...These services are already over burdened. I like how the proponents of this act show all of the undocumented children as ready to go into the military...nope...don't buy the hoopla.
You’re right, it’s total hogwash. Don’t you think had they intended to attend college, they would have done so prior to the age of 30? Of course, there are exceptions, but generally speaking. Now, all of a sudden, all illegals brought here as children up to the age of 30 have college or military aspirations? Do they actually believe we are stupid?

Moreover, spending two years at a community college will not produce our next scientists, engineers, etc. At a minimum, they should require a 4-year college degree, and the standard length of military service. Only the blind or the PC sheeple cannot see through this BS bill.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegal aliens can't join the military, however. I would certainly like to see everyone including Americans join the military for the right reasons. That woud be because they love this country and want to defend it, not for personal gain or monetary gain.
Did you hear that nonsense yesterday when someone in either the House or Senate mentioned an illegal alien who is currently enrolled in law school, and his ONLY desire is to join the military? Right.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:08 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Did you hear that nonsense yesterday when someone in either the House or Senate mentioned an illegal alien who is currently enrolled in law school, and his ONLY desire is to join the military? Right.
Yeah, I'm sure JAG will welcome him with open arms..........

Isn't it AMAZING how many law breakers want to work in the areas of Law and Criminal Justice? Apparently the irony escapes them............

Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

Isn't it AMAZING how many law breakers want to work in the areas of Law and Criminal Justice? Apparently the irony escapes them............
Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:12 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,148,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

I think he has it backwards, it's:

Military Service then citizenship then Law School

Old 12-09-2010, 05:12 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yeah, I heard that. An obvious ploy to tug on American's hearts to get the Dream Act passed.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:13 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I think he has it backwards, it's:

Military Service then citizenship then Law School
I somehow doubt that a person in the process of getting a Law degree is going to jump ship as it were to enlist, when the gaining a degree would qualify them under the Act anyway.

The whole studying Law/Criminal Justice gets me anyway - it seems they see no contradiction in being illegal and doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration