U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:01 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Its discourse like this that is the real downfall of America. How trite to lable anyone who has a different agenda than you an "Enemy"...NO, they are not the "ENEMY", the are Americans with a different viewpoint.
They are invaders and are viewed as enemies.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
To clarify The illegals are enemies of the American People.

Politicians who vote for this are aiding the enemy.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Its discourse like this that is the real downfall of America. How trite to lable anyone who has a different agenda than you an "Enemy"...NO, they are not the "ENEMY", the are Americans with a different viewpoint.

Could you please tell that to Obama. He labeled the republicans his enemy out of one side of his mouth while using the other side to brag about how far he's reached across the aisle. Yes, it's trite. And yes, it could be the downfall of America. But I have to wonder if that isn't his end goal. He is far more concerned about illegals than citizens without jobs. Well, not really he just wants their vote. Once he has their vote they will become expendable too.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
What brings LARAZA's credibility into question and by default that of many hispanics is how hard LARAZA fights for illegals. Then in the next breath they don't want to be stereo typed or profiled.
Now if I lived in a neighborhood of red necks who burned crosses, I wouldn't be argueing for their right to burn crosses on peoples front lawns then demand that I not be lumped in with the cross burners. At the very least I would distance my self from the cross burners and more than likely be outspoken and condemning such acts.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What brings LARAZA's credibility into question and by default that of many hispanics is how hard LARAZA fights for illegals. Then in the next breath they don't want to be stereo typed or profiled.
Now if I lived in a neighborhood of red necks who burned crosses, I wouldn't be argueing for their right to burn crosses on peoples front lawns then demand that I not be lumped in with the cross burners. At the very least I would distance my self from the cross burners and more than likely be outspoken and condemning such acts.
Excellent points, tinman!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Since so-called "Latinos" are composed of people of all races and ethnic backgrounds, it is incoherent to suggest that a Latino advocacy group, by its very nature necessarily multi-racial, is "racist." Also, even race-based organization against racism (which the NCLR is not), isn't "racist," since it doesn't entail the enactment of institutional discrimination, but resistance to it.
Latinos may of different races but they aren't of different ethnic backgrounds. They share a common ethnicity. One of which is the Spanish langauge being their native or primary one. Most people in this country who identify themselves as Hispanic/Latino ethnically are of mixed white Spaniard and native indian racially. They also comprise the bulk of Mexicans in Mexico commonly called Mestizos.

The proposed "Tequila Party" are comprised of the Hispanic/Latinos "ethnic" group. It is just as racist if Whites, Asians, or Blacks formed their own political group in this country only advocating for their own racial/ethnic group.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
This thread is going downhill fast. And the last thing this forum needs is another race/ethnicity discussion.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration