U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,260,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Considering how FEW illegals work in agricultural - bleh
I agree.
This is'nt even "the begining" of any illegal immigration solution.
Farm workers will only move or be moved to another job,
and most likely, eliminating more Legal workers.
Most already have.

I don't see any +'s for this on our side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I would rather have a robot than an illegal.

Have you ever been to a u-pick for strawberries ? I make jam. It is -- seriously -- a pain in the neck to pick the things, especially when I pick over 12 quarts. You are on your knees or squatting and looking over the fruit to pick the best berries. Given I have the time to do it, it is fine with me; I know the berries are fresh and who I got them from. however, I sure wouldn't want to do it for pay... at the end of the day I am quite sore ( however, that includes going home and making jam)
My respect for you. I love homemade strawberry jam or anything homemade.
I was raised on a Dairy Farm.

My point here is: If you were born and raised in an agriculture enviroment, as most illegals are, this type of work is one of the most simple jobs there is to do.

I don't know how far this robot will get with Corperate farming like "Knots Berry Farm" because it's too slow.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
People have claimed that we could never create machines to do these things yet we keep on doing it. The pathetic reasons to keep letting people in the back door keep shrinking.
But the reasons for letting them in the back door keep changing too.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:02 PM

32,992 posts, read 30,252,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
But the reasons for letting them in the back door keep changing too.
The latest is running from drug cartels. I don't think the framers of the Const. had that in mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration