Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times

Advertisements

So her whole FAMILY is illegal, they're under deportation orders, yet four years later they're STILL HERE??????????????

Quote:
She's undocumented.

Her family immigrated to the United States in 1993, when she was seven.
In 2006, federal immigration agents raided her home, and her family's been fighting deportation ever since.

Undocumented Students Speak Out for DREAM Act - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 04:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
In my opinion only Illegals should not be allowed to argue or fight for any rights, at all. After all growing up i was told that something illegal was something that was wrong not right, i still feel this way. Want rights, do it the legal way, or just go away.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 PM

166 posts, read 246,727 times
I don't understand it either. I mean really, what possible defense can you have? " I was sleepwalking."? I was brought here against my will and they broke both my legs, both arms and cut my tongue out so I couldn't walk back, reach for the phone OR call for help!"?
Even then, that would heal in way under 4 years...well, except the tongue. But honestly, what logical reason (excuse) could they have for being here 4 years after an order to leave? It should be a whopper because so far it's taken them four years to tell it!
It's just totally indefensible and there's no reason we should have to even listen to these stories.

Alien abduction??????? lol.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
I don't understand it either. I mean really, what possible defense can you have? " I was sleepwalking."? I was brought here against my will and they broke both my legs, both arms and cut my tongue out so I couldn't walk back, reach for the phone OR call for help!"?
Even then, that would heal in way under 4 years...well, except the tongue. But honestly, what logical reason (excuse) could they have for being here 4 years after an order to leave? It should be a whopper because so far it's taken them four years to tell it!
It's just totally indefensible and there's no reason we should have to even listen to these stories.

Alien abduction??????? lol.

Ok now get your drift to. I mean really now, sleepwalking, both legs and arms cut, tongue cut out, no phone, could not walk back.

Think they should take the Alien Abduction...........! lol Be much easier.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:10 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So her whole FAMILY is illegal, they're under deportation orders, yet four years later they're STILL HERE??????????????

Undocumented Students Speak Out for DREAM Act - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

citizen or not everyone in the US has constitutional rights. taking them away from one group can opens the door to taking the rights a way from others. we don't get to pick and choose who gets rights and protection in the US. one of the things that makes us great

Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
citizen or not everyone in the US has constitutional rights. taking them away from one group can opens the door to taking the rights a way from others. we don't get to pick and choose who gets rights and protection in the US. one of the things that makes us great
Excuse me but their 'rights' end when they are under a deportation order.....

Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Excuse me but their 'rights' end when they are under a deportation order.....
not according to the supreme court. your personal opinion maybe. but not the law of the land. obviously they have the right to fight the order

Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM

166 posts, read 246,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
um, that 'makes us great' thing?? It's in real danger these days thanks in no small part to millions of illegal aliens gaming the system and abusing those rights.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ten View Post
um, that 'makes us great' thing?? It's in real danger these days thanks in no small part to millions of illegal aliens gaming the system and abusing those rights.
what makes us great is that "everyone" in the US is protected and has rights. if we pick and choose then who do we say doesn't get protected. perhaps old seniors or mentally challenged folks? the poor or perhaps someone that has a different religion than I do. our system isn't perfect for sure but we can't and shouldn't pick and choose

Old 12-04-2010, 10:29 PM

yeah we NEED to 'protect' illegals - the article never said they were "awaiting a hearing" - it said they were "fighting deportation". In other words they've HAD a hearing and they're under a deportation order they're "fighting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration