Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,922,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
No I'd rather they not be treated like some special group under persecution. Don't forget they are committing a crime just being here.
I could agree with that however our constitution says otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,958,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I could agree with that however our constitution says otherwise.
No it doesn't. No where does it say that any group is "special" in the eyes of the law. These drains on society come here ILLEGALLY. They are ILLEGAL immigrants. They have already committed a crime just being here. They get a deportation hearing and if they lose tough luck. Go back to your homeland you're not wanted or needed here if you are going to come illegally. You talk a lot about "picking and choosing," how come this group of people gets to "pick and choose" what laws they abide by? How come they get to "pick" and "choose" to not abide by our immigration law? And then they come here and have the AUDACITY to cry and whine about their "rights" after we feed them, give them free healthcare, free education, welfare benefits, etc. You want justice? Tell me where is the justice in that?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
No it doesn't. No where does it say that any group is "special" in the eyes of the law. These drains on society come here ILLEGALLY. They are ILLEGAL immigrants. They have already committed a crime just being here. They get a deportation hearing and if they lose tough luck. Go back to your homeland you're not wanted or needed here if you are going to come illegally. You talk a lot about "picking and choosing," how come this group of people gets to "pick and choose" what laws they abide by? How come they get to "pick" and "choose" to not abide by our immigration law? And then they come here and have the AUDACITY to cry and whine about their "rights" after we feed them, give them free healthcare, free education, welfare benefits, etc. You want justice? Tell me where is the justice in that?

the constitution does not say they are special. the 14th amendment "seems" to say all people legal or not, on US soil are afforded protection and equal rights. which is why an illegal or anyone can put up a legal "fight" for whatever they choose.

as to this group picking and choosing what law they abide by most people do the same thing. we pick and choose if we obey the speed limit or if we rob a bank.

it does feel like life is not fair or that some seem to take advantage of the system, it does seem like an injustice in many cases.

the flip side of the coin is individual freedom from unlawful prosecution and so much more.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,366,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the constitution does not say they are special. the 14th amendment "seems" to say all people legal or not, on US soil are afforded protection and equal rights. which is why an illegal or anyone can put up a legal "fight" for whatever they choose.

as to this group picking and choosing what law they abide by most people do the same thing. we pick and choose if we obey the speed limit or if we rob a bank.

it does feel like life is not fair or that some seem to take advantage of the system, it does seem like an injustice in many cases.

the flip side of the coin is individual freedom from unlawful prosecution and so much more.
There you go again, comparing Legal Citizens with illeal aliens.

And don't get started with "equal rights" again, because there's no way in hell that you can convince anyone here
that the 14th Amendment is followed as it was meant to be.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:31 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,810,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

And don't get started with "equal rights" again, because there's no way in hell that you can convince anyone here
aren't you tired of hitting your head on that particular brick wall yet?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,366,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
aren't you tired of hitting your head on that particular brick wall yet?
I'll have to take the "5th amendment" on that.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 PM

948 posts, read 1,382,842 times
I hate the illegal problem as much as we all do but the OPs question is an easy answer. We have this little peace of parchment some call the most important writing in American history. I think it's called the Constitution. In it it says something about innocent until proven guilty I think.
When you deny one man his rights you end up denying you own in the long run. Let it do it's job. Maybe it doesn't seem fast enough but in the long run it works.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

mk, your problem is with the constitution, I do not compare illegal with legal, it is the constitution that says ALL persons are equal and have rights when on US soil.

it is the constitution that sees no distinction not me.

Dewmik said it best of all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I hate the illegal problem as much as we all do but the OPs question is an easy answer. We have this little peace of parchment some call the most important writing in American history. I think it's called the constitution. In it it says something about innocent until proven guilty I think.
When you deny one man his rights you end up denying you own in the long run. Let it do it's job. maybe it doesn't seem fast enough but in the long run it works.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,810,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I hate the illegal problem as much as we all do but the OPs question is an easy answer. We have this little peace of parchment some call the most important writing in American history. I think it's called the Constitution. In it it says something about innocent until proven guilty I think.
When you deny one man his rights you end up denying you own in the long run. Let it do it's job. Maybe it doesn't seem fast enough but in the long run it works.
So how long do you think they NEED to be allowed to remain here AFTER they have already had their hearings, been ordered to voluntarily depart yet are still here? No-one is denying them the right to a fair hearing - what I object to, is their refusal to COMPLY with the results of that hearing because it DOESN"T SUIT THEM.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So how long do you think they NEED to be allowed to remain here AFTER they have already had their hearings, been ordered to voluntarily depart yet are still here? No-one is denying them the right to a fair hearing - what I object to, is their refusal to COMPLY with the results of that hearing because it DOESN"T SUIT THEM.
opyelie the key word in your question is "voluntarily" it shouldn't be voluntary it should be mandatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration