U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Reputation: 957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have not read a post that actually called illegals cockroaches. I have seen posts that made a comparison of the illegal invasion to that of a cockroach infestation.
Condemning the illegal and the act? Hmmm seems condemning a thief is the same as condemning what he does for a living. Unless called out otherwise. For example If you were to say to me I hate thieves they are scum. I would assume the reason that you hate thieves is because they commit acts of theft, therefore you hate the act as well.
calling someone a criminal before they have had their trial. If I see a man shoot his wife in cold blood do I need to wait for a trial to verify that he broke the law and is a criminal? What if I watch someone shoplift a pack of gum and walk out without paying for it? Need I wait for a trial to determine that he stole the pack of gum?
What if someone takes a key to the side of my car in an obvious act of vandalism. Need I wait for the trial to determine he is a vandal?
What if you catch a burglar breaking into your home. Is he an honest man until after the trial says otherwise?
Illegals here without ever applying for a visa, using fraudulent ID, not paying taxes, driving often without a permit or insurance. Yep they be criminals one and all.
L.O.C...

Congressman Under Fire After Saying Immigrants Multiply "Like Rats"

Re-read or read for the first time these comments... many from Your buddies.

How we love to forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
L.O.C...

Congressman Under Fire After Saying Immigrants Multiply "Like Rats"

Re-read or read for the first time these comments... many from Your buddies.

How we love to forget.
My buddies? I must say you assume a great deal or we have a different definition of buddy. I don't know a single poster on this forum personally. Certainly not well enough to call any a friend.
I re-read the posts on the link page you provided. What I read were people saying it was unfair to a rat to compare them to illegals.
I tend to compare illegals to other criminals. The mind set is basically the same. Anything that I need I can take. Rules are for everyone else. Obey only the laws that are actually convenient for myself. Disregard all others.
Like all criminals illegals feel that its ok to break certain laws that might impede them. Like other criminals when caught, illegals feel that exceptions are owed to them and that they deserve or are owed a free pass. They may not say these things but they certainly do act them out.
When deported they come right back. Once again the rules are for everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I have never call anyone opposed to either illegal immigrartion or illegal immigrants racists, xenophobes, or bigots. I let their [and your] language speak for itself.

I ask the question of that poster because of his assesment; not because I was condeming his assesment, but because I wanted clarification/acknowledgement.

Since I have not called any "kettle black", your assesment falls short...but Im used to that.
I never said that you did. You asked the question of us anti-illegals what we would say to other anti-illegals who call illegals, scrums, criminals, etc. I asked you the same question back. "What woud you say to those pro-illegals who call us anti-illegals, haters, bigots, racists, etc. You missed the entire point. Was it on purpose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
 
851 posts, read 3,153,124 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I never said that you did. You asked the question of us anti-illegals what we would say to other anti-illegals who call illegals, scrums, criminals, etc. I asked you the same question back. "What woud you say to those pro-illegals who call us anti-illegals, haters, bigots, racists, etc. You missed the entire point. Was it on purpose?
Pro-illegals? criminal activists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My buddies? I must say you assume a great deal or we have a different definition of buddy. I don't know a single poster on this forum personally. Certainly not well enough to call any a friend.
I re-read the posts on the link page you provided. What I read were people saying it was unfair to a rat to compare them to illegals.
I tend to compare illegals to other criminals. The mind set is basically the same. Anything that I need I can take. Rules are for everyone else. Obey only the laws that are actually convenient for myself. Disregard all others.
Like all criminals illegals feel that its ok to break certain laws that might impede them. Like other criminals when caught, illegals feel that exceptions are owed to them and that they deserve or are owed a free pass. They may not say these things but they certainly do act them out.
When deported they come right back. Once again the rules are for everyone else.
Yep...like THIS little gem...........erm no, the AMERICAN Dream is for those here LEGALLY........

Quote:
I was brought into the country back when I was 8 years old when my family got tourust Visas. We saw the many opportunities and what a great country it was to persue a better life. We decided to stay in the U.S and try to reach the American Dream.
Do I apply? - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My buddies? I must say you assume a great deal or we have a different definition of buddy. I don't know a single poster on this forum personally. Certainly not well enough to call any a friend.
I re-read the posts on the link page you provided. What I read were people saying it was unfair to a rat to compare them to illegals.
I tend to compare illegals to other criminals. The mind set is basically the same. Anything that I need I can take. Rules are for everyone else. Obey only the laws that are actually convenient for myself. Disregard all others.
Like all criminals illegals feel that its ok to break certain laws that might impede them. Like other criminals when caught, illegals feel that exceptions are owed to them and that they deserve or are owed a free pass. They may not say these things but they certainly do act them out.
When deported they come right back. Once again the rules are for everyone else.
You sure are intune with some estimated 10.8 people from all over the world...that seem[according to you] to act as "a single mind". My hats off to you.

The fact is that the only thing they have in common is that they entred the US without proper authorization. Other than that fact...all other is conjecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
anyone who is against shoplifters and shoplifting is "anti-shopper". I'd love to ask why that's so hard for the pro-illegal crowd to grasp but it's clear that they already do but choose to continue the lie. There's nothing racist, bigoted or discriminatory about apposing illegal immigration any more than apposing murder, rape or theft. The act of illegally immigrating here is by itself a crime, it's clearly against the law and anyone who takes part in breaking our immigration laws is a criminal. Once you remove all of the PC crap from the situation it's a very simple crime that should be dealt with like any other criminal.

Please, I understand that many people like to defend these criminals based on personal issues that could include family or friends who are illegal immigrants, some of you may even be illegal yourself. Don't let those sidebar situations cloud your ability to see this issue for what it really is. Also be aware that your claims of racism and bigotry are for the most part ignored by everyone because it's clear that you only throw that around for the perceived wow factor. If we could all get past the unneeded emotional sidetracking the illegal immigration situation could be discussed a lot more efficiently.
I'm Glad I don't live where you do.
What exactly do you do to "fights" them?
How do you defend yourself?

I live on the border, what problem i have with it is Greedy Parasite Employers who Hire Them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You sure are intune with some estimated 10.8 people from all over the world...that seem[according to you] to act as "a single mind". My hats off to you.

The fact is that the only thing they have in common is that they entred the US without proper authorization. Other than that fact...all other is conjecture.
Uh, no not really. Most are Mexican nationals and share a common ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You sure are intune with some estimated 10.8 people from all over the world...that seem[according to you] to act as "a single mind". My hats off to you.

The fact is that the only thing they have in common is that they entred the US without proper authorization. Other than that fact...all other is conjecture.
So none break other laws than the illegal entry? No other laws, none?
None use a fraudulent ID? None?
None fail to pay taxes on their wages? None?
None drive without a license? None?
No why would any do any of these things? Because the law due to their illegal entry denies them these rights. Only those with a valid VISA or perm. Resident card can apply for a SSN. That means those without it can not work here legally, that means those who do are doing so in defiance of the law.
Why? Because the law is an inconvenience to them. They opt to defy the laws, just as they opted to defy our immigration laws. Like all criminals the act of violating 1 law often leads to a series of violations. Most honest people never face this situation because they obey the law regardless of their attitude towards the law.
The statement illegals are Honest Hard working people is utterly false.
A more accurate statement would be Illegals are Hard working criminals who want a different life than they left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I'm Glad I don't live where you do.
What exactly do you do to "fights" them?
How do you defend yourself?

I live on the border, what problem i have with it is Greedy Parasite Employers who Hire Them
I see, so as an analogy you woud have a problem with the bank robber but not the guy driving the get-a-way car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top