Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:32 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
But you want those who are here illegal to stay?
You obviously failed reading comprehension 101 - Please show me where I said that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM

851 posts, read 3,626,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
You obviously failed reading comprehension 101 - Please show me where I said that?
Before we talk about what to do with illegals, we need to talk about legals first.

It is ridiculous to say :"oh, all the illegals get a free pass but you, who follow the law, must stay behind the line or follow the law. Hahaha."

I do not know what kind of logic that is.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Of course E 2 visa holders know this...but don't you think that illegals know that if you are illegal you are a criminal and have no right at all and should be picked up and deported!...NOT THE DREAM ACT for them and nothing for legal aliens who came through the front door.

So stop blame E 2 visa holders...blame Reid, Pelosi and the rest of that garbage who are proposing criminals to stay here and get a GC!

The knew when they came here that their kids had basically no future, so do we have to feel sorry for them...maybe, but that doesn't mean they can have something that legal aliens with a E 2 visa and perhaps other visa's, can't have!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Bentlebee, you keep pushing this, but honestly? If they wanted to come here as immigrants there IS an immigration based investment visa alternative, the Eb5. USCIS - Employment-Based Immigration: Fifth Preference EB-5

Anyone that comes here on an E2 KNOWS going in that is a NON immigrant visa and offers NO "path to a legal permanent residency". That was their choice at the time and has zero to do with illegal immigration.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
anyone who is against shoplifters and shoplifting is "anti-shopper". I'd love to ask why that's so hard for the pro-illegal crowd to grasp but it's clear that they already do but choose to continue the lie. There's nothing racist, bigoted or discriminatory about apposing illegal immigration any more than apposing murder, rape or theft. The act of illegally immigrating here is by itself a crime, it's clearly against the law and anyone who takes part in breaking our immigration laws is a criminal. Once you remove all of the PC crap from the situation it's a very simple crime that should be dealt with like any other criminal.

Please, I understand that many people like to defend these criminals based on personal issues that could include family or friends who are illegal immigrants, some of you may even be illegal yourself. Don't let those sidebar situations cloud your ability to see this issue for what it really is. Also be aware that your claims of racism and bigotry are for the most part ignored by everyone because it's clear that you only throw that around for the perceived wow factor. If we could all get past the unneeded emotional sidetracking the illegal immigration situation could be discussed a lot more efficiently.
What do you say to those that hate the "illegal" and not the illegal act. What do you say to those who call out illegals as "Coc kroaches' and "scum". Is the act of crossing a border with out permission/documentation turn a person into a "co ckroach"? answer that...

Do you denounce this language? Language thats only purpose is not to condem "Illegal Immigration" but the illegal immigrant...Dont you agree?

"Unneeded Emotional sidetracking"...? isnt calling someone not convicted of a crime "a criminal" presumtious and conviting them before trial?

What kind of "sidetracking is that"...? Illogical? Irrational? Unconstitutional?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What do you say to those that hate the "illegal" and not the illegal act. What do you say to those who call out illegals as "Coc kroaches' and "scum". Is the act of crossing a border with out permission/documentation turn a person into a "co ckroach"? answer that...

Do you denounce this language? Language thats only purpose is not to condem "Illegal Immigration" but the illegal immigrant...Dont you agree?

"Unneeded Emotional sidetracking"...? isnt calling someone not convicted of a crime "a criminal" presumtious and conviting them before trial?

What kind of "sidetracking is that"...? Illogical? Irrational? Unconstitutional?
I have not read a post that actually called illegals cockroaches. I have seen posts that made a comparison of the illegal invasion to that of a cockroach infestation.
Condemning the illegal and the act? Hmmm seems condemning a thief is the same as condemning what he does for a living. Unless called out otherwise. For example If you were to say to me I hate thieves they are scum. I would assume the reason that you hate thieves is because they commit acts of theft, therefore you hate the act as well.
calling someone a criminal before they have had their trial. If I see a man shoot his wife in cold blood do I need to wait for a trial to verify that he broke the law and is a criminal? What if I watch someone shoplift a pack of gum and walk out without paying for it? Need I wait for a trial to determine that he stole the pack of gum?
What if someone takes a key to the side of my car in an obvious act of vandalism. Need I wait for the trial to determine he is a vandal?
What if you catch a burglar breaking into your home. Is he an honest man until after the trial says otherwise?
Illegals here without ever applying for a visa, using fraudulent ID, not paying taxes, driving often without a permit or insurance. Yep they be criminals one and all.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Before we talk about what to do with illegals, we need to talk about legals first.

It is ridiculous to say :"oh, all the illegals get a free pass but you, who follow the law, must stay behind the line or follow the law. Hahaha."

I do not know what kind of logic that is.
This is the ILLEGAL Immigration forum. If you want to discuss LEGAL immigration there is a forum for that.

fwiw, it wasn't ME that posted what you quoted and I believe it was sardonic.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:

And what do you say to those who call Americans opposed to illegal immigration and are pro-enforcement of our immigration laws, racists, xenophobes, bigots and nativists? Do you denouce this language? Pot, kettle, black.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have not read a post that actually called illegals cockroaches. I have seen posts that made a comparison of the illegal invasion to that of a cockroach infestation.
Condemning the illegal and the act? Hmmm seems condemning a thief is the same as condemning what he does for a living. Unless called out otherwise. For example If you were to say to me I hate thieves they are scum. I would assume the reason that you hate thieves is because they commit acts of theft, therefore you hate the act as well.
calling someone a criminal before they have had their trial. If I see a man shoot his wife in cold blood do I need to wait for a trial to verify that he broke the law and is a criminal? What if I watch someone shoplift a pack of gum and walk out without paying for it? Need I wait for a trial to determine that he stole the pack of gum?
What if someone takes a key to the side of my car in an obvious act of vandalism. Need I wait for the trial to determine he is a vandal?
What if you catch a burglar breaking into your home. Is he an honest man until after the trial says otherwise?
Illegals here without ever applying for a visa, using fraudulent ID, not paying taxes, driving often without a permit or insurance. Yep they be criminals one and all.
Excellent post, tinman.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And what do you say to those who call Americans opposed to illegal immigration and are pro-enforcement of our immigration laws, racists, xenophobes, bigots and nativists? Do you denouce this language? Pot, kettle, black.
I have never call anyone opposed to either illegal immigrartion or illegal immigrants racists, xenophobes, or bigots. I let their [and your] language speak for itself.

I ask the question of that poster because of his assesment; not because I was condeming his assesment, but because I wanted clarification/acknowledgement.

Since I have not called any "kettle black", your assesment falls short...but Im used to that.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
I have never call anyone opposed to either illegal immigrartion or illegal immigrants racists, xenophobes, or bigots. I let their [and your] language speak for itself.

I ask the question of that poster because of his assesment; not because I was condeming his assesment, but because I wanted clarification/acknowledgement.

Since I have not called any "kettle black", your assesment falls short...but Im used to that.
It is true that you never state your position on the topic. You do however only question the posts of those who are against illegal immigration and seldom if ever challenge a post from the pro illegal side. This can lead some to believe that you are pro- illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration