U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Opinons are not irrelevant. Just like the pro-illegals have their opinions but are not based on our laws either.
Being based on law has nothing to do with my post. I compared the poster's believe and the person's actual situtation and the relevance between the two.

Of course the poster is entiltled to his beliefs regardless of whether they are based in law, fact, logic, or any other measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Being based on law has nothing to do with my post. I compared the poster's believe and the person's actual situtation and the relevance between the two.

Quote:
Of course the poster is entiltled to his beliefs regardless of whether they are based in law, fact, logic, or any other measure.
So your the point of your argument,.....is just to argue.?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
So your the point of your argument,.....is just to argue.?
you incorrectly tag my post as an argument. I made no argument. I expressed to the poster...while staying on topic, what he believed the Representitive "deserved" was irrelevant to what the Representitive actually is.

In fact, by you choosing this passage from my post...

Quote:
...and not the point that dealt with the the poster or the topic, shows you're more concerned with argument than my post or the topic.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:56 AM

2,564 posts, read 3,084,851 times
I didn't know the meaning of the word oxymoron until today as I listened to the news on one of my favorite public radio stations. The news highlight mentioned how the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency(ICE) is seeking to award contracts to a private firm who will build and operate several dentention centers in the town of Adelanto California. The centers are designed to house illegal immigrants awaiting re-patriation.

One opposing view claims it is unjust and inhuman to encarcerate (get this) "law-abiding undocumented immigrants."

Now I clearly understand the meaning of the word. . .OXYMORON!

Old 06-02-2011, 07:04 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I didn't know the meaning of the word oxymoron until today as I listened to the news on one of my favorite public radio stations. The news highlight mentioned how the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency(ICE) is seeking to award contracts to a private firm who will build and operate several dentention centers in the town of Adelanto California. The centers are designed to house illegal immigrants awaiting re-patriation.

One opposing view claims it is unjust and inhuman to encarcerate (get this) "law-abiding undocumented immigrants."

Now I clearly understand the meaning of the word. . .OXYMORON!

Isn't that ridiculous? No matter how the pro-criminal crowd tries to phrase it, it still stinks the same. Rep coming.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM

187 posts, read 151,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Indeed he does. He has brazenly admitted that his ONLY concern is for the Hispanic community. He is an ethnocentric weasel.

He is my favorite congressman, he has the integrity to stand against injustice, and the BS of the system, he has inspired many spanish politicians....

Old 06-02-2011, 12:12 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
He is my favorite congressman, he has the integrity to stand against injustice, and the BS of the system, he has inspired many spanish politicians....
Just what injustice is he standing up against? He should be standing up for Americans, not illegal foreigners. Yeah, we know all about the inspiration of Hispanic politicians. Most of them only care about their ethnic kind whether they be here legally or illegally.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,594,074 times
Quote:
Please elaborate on this.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM

11,896 posts, read 14,364,183 times
Won't happen, the Congress has bigger Weiners to fry.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 PM

111 posts, read 80,408 times
Quote:
What injustices are you talking about? That fact that people want our countries laws respected? Its obvious what your agenda is based on your posts here. You don't care about america or its people, you only care about your fellow hispanics and think they should be able to come here from where ever when ever they please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration