U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:02 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Anybody have a link to how each one of these traitors in the house voted?

I can't find anything.

Senate won't pass it and just cause it passed the House in a last ditch effort don't mean it can't be REPEALED.

Just you wait.
House Roll Call: How they voted on Dream Act - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_house_rollcall_immigration_students - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I see my pathetic excuse for a representative, who I normally defended as a good, blue-dog dem (Minnick), sold out the country on this vote. Glad to see that he was voted out.
Yes, it seems some of the outgoing Dems didn't get the memo...........

Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,742,238 times
It looks like this will be going down in flames and I couldn't be happier. This legislation is a disgrace and horribly discriminatory to americans. It would encourage increased illegal immigration and be enormously destructive to the economy.

We have to end the progressive bullsh*t of pandering to illegals - it's past time to get serious about immediate deportation, doing away with "anchor babies" and ending the freebies to anyone here illegally.

The liberals only care about creating a government dependent voter base and they're more than willing to penalize american citizens and those that are here legally. Race warfare and class warfare is part of the liberal system of government - they encourage hatred of those that have achieved any sort of success.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 789 times
Thumbs up Its Wonderful

Its a wonderfull news for those who were waiting for so long !!! I know that those 210 are so proud of what they did and how many people they are going to help the first step was made!!!!!Yeah!!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noemi Romero View Post
Its a wonderfull news for those who were waiting for so long !!! I know that those 210 are so proud of what they did and how many people they are going to help the first step was made!!!!!Yeah!!!!!
Bask in the initial glow all you want. It isn't going to make it past the Senate anyway. Even if it does, it will be repealed after the first of the year.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Watch that first step........it's a LONG way to the bottom

Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
I don't know why there's a "House Vote" because the results make no difference to the Senate Vote.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:36 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Iím afraid you will continue to wait, because it will not pass the Senate. The fat lady has yet to sing, so enjoy your brief party.

As for the pandering idiots who voted for this, they should feel nothing but shame for ignoring the suffering of their fellow Americans, in favor of parasitic illegals who donít give a damn about this country.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
I seriously doubt the Nightmare Act is going to see the light of day in the Senate. It will ultimately be brought to naught. Those in the Senate who want to hold on to their political jobs know this.

The passage of this act in the House was simply grandstanding by lame-duck representatives who lost their re-election bids. These misfits just wanted one last opportunity to raise their middle finger in defiance against all Americans, one last time, before gathering their belongings and leaving with shame.

That's all it really was...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM

910 posts, read 1,387,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I seriously doubt the Nightmare Act is going to see the light of day in the Senate. It will ultimately be brought to naught. Those in the Senate who want to hold on to their political jobs know this.

The passage of this act in the House was simply grandstanding by lame-duck representatives who lost their re-election bids. These misfits just wanted one last opportunity to raise their middle finger in defiance against all Americans, one last time, before gathering their belongings and leaving with shame.

That's all it really was...
My thoughts as well. I really hope it fails in the Senate. It blows my mind we would consider handing out citizenship for only 2 years of college! A handout for a handout!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration