U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The majority of Americans support the dream act.

Rasmussen: Voters support idea of DREAM Act | The American Independent

You guys on this forum are obviously in the minority.
Naturally, a slim majority of Americans support the DREAM Act, because, chances are, they have not read the bill. They have been cleverly and deceitfully convinced that this bill is a humanitarian measure to legalize the status of “children” who are being unjustly persecuted for the sins of their parents. The operative word being -- CHILDREN. Who, other than the heartless, feel no compassion for innocent, defenseless children?

However, the truth is, the DREAM Act is NOT a bill to legalize “children.” It is a bill designed to legalize illegal alien adults under the guise of benefiting innocent children who were brought to this country by their parents. Actually, the ONLY aspect of the bill that even pertains to children is the requirement that an illegal alien must have entered this country prior to the age of 16, and must be at least 12-years-old to receive a stay of deportation.

Even the title -- Development, Relief, and Education for Alien MINORS Act, is pure subterfuge. Given that an illegal is ONLY eligible to apply for the DREAM Act upon completion of high school, how can it be a bill for minors?

I can only speak for myself, but I remained a “minor” for only three months after my high school graduation, and the majority of my classmates were already 18 prior to graduating. Of course a bill to legalize illegal alien adults would never be embraced by the majority, because the majority of citizens oppose amnesty, which is precisely what the DREAM Act entails. In fact, it is Phase 1 of another mass amnesty; and according to sponsors, is a “down payment” on CIR.

If this bill passes, imagine the outrage once misinformed supporters realize they have been duped. I assure you, it will not bode well for DREAMies or the unethical politicians who sponsored or supported this amnesty nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,372,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
So morality means punishing children for mistakes their parents made?

Morality is telling people to wait in line while people are getting killed all around them (Jaurez, Tijuana, Nogales etc.) and when they run for their lives find more ways to punish them.

God help us if thats the new sense of morality.
The people fleeing drug violence in Juarez can apply for assylum. Most illegals have not been fleeing drug violence, but are coming here to take advantage of our system.

What is immoral is giving in-state tuition to illegals when millions of legal immigrants pay $20,000 a year or more to come to this country for college. Or what about the American kid who wishes to go to school out-of-state, but can't afford out-of-state tuition? Why give the illegal in-state tuition, when the American kid has to pay out-of-state tuition?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
The following comments by a DREAMie illustrate this bill is nothing but a sham.

Quote:
2 years of college is not hard at all and should not be too costly. You only need associates degree and there is no major requirement, so you can just go for liberal arts and take all the easy classes that your local community college offers and you are set. Btw, I believe community colleges are so much cheaper than state college.
DREAM Act's evolving - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,390,175 times
Um . . . I do not support Neo Nazis.

Someone made the argument that not supporting this bill was akin to being a Neo Nazi. My refutation was a refutation of that insinuation.

I support immigration laws that are based around the needs of ALL Americans rather than the demands and needs of a specific ethnic group.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
The people fleeing drug violence in Juarez can apply for assylum. Most illegals have not been fleeing drug violence, but are coming here to take advantage of our system.

What is immoral is giving in-state tuition to illegals when millions of legal immigrants pay $20,000 a year or more to come to this country for college. Or what about the American kid who wishes to go to school out-of-state, but can't afford out-of-state tuition? Why give the illegal in-state tuition, when the American kid has to pay out-of-state tuition?
And the reality is - the people fleeing Juarez can flee to Mexico City, Guadalajara, and plenty of other parts of Mexico that have lower crime rates than the USA - there's a reason they flee to the USA. Our government gives them refugee handouts if they wish to come here so of course, the USA is the preferred destination of very many.

They lie because Mexico away from the cartel controlled regions is still a safe country.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM

60,978 posts, read 30,857,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post

Lets look at it like this...

A legal immigrant, that is not yet a citizen, does not get instate tuition no matter if they do live in the state they are going to college in.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:17 PM

25,366 posts, read 37,625,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Lets look at it like this...

A legal immigrant, that is not yet a citizen, does not get instate tuition no matter if they do live in the state they are going to college in.
Not true...they can! And btw I don't mind since they have to proof that if they are dependent that their parents have tax returns, ins., proof of living for over 2 years in that State. So if they do all that they deserve it, since if an American citizen goes abroad and signs up at a College in Europe they have the same rights.

Without the proof no right of In State tuition and btw not all Colleges have the same regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or