U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are as stupid as the Republicans. How in the hell are you going to blame some kid that had NO say so in being brought over here maybe when he or she was an infant? Are you going to send them to Mexico where they probably do not even know the language? I hope the Republicans do oppose it though because it will be one more nail in their coffin as the demographics change more in coming years.
It is the Democrats that are the stupid ones for giving our country away to illegal iinvaders for votes and power. No one is blaming these kids for being brought here by their illegal parents but that is irrelevant. The whole family needs to be deported back to their homeland. In most cases these kids know the primary langauge of their homeland. Their parents teach it to them.

Yeah, the Repubicans are DOA, lol. That is why they defeated the Democrats so overwhelmingly in the last election. Standing up for the rule of law will only gain them more support from law abiding Americans. Our demographics won't changed dramatically with the continued election of politicians for the rule of law rather than the anti-American traitors which are mostly comprised of Democrats who reward foreigners for breaking our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,148 posts, read 31,007,198 times
Reputation: 13027
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are as stupid as the Republicans. How in the hell are you going to blame some kid that had NO say so in being brought over here maybe when he or she was an infant? Are you going to send them to Mexico where they probably do not even know the language? I hope the Republicans do oppose it though because it will be one more nail in their coffin as the demographics change more in coming years.

I blame their parents.

Go scream at them.


Don't make your problem, my problem. The collective have just one powerful voice. I as an individual American citizen, better have just as much of a powerful voice. Don't we hold all the Ace's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,393,416 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are as stupid as the Republicans. How in the hell are you going to blame some kid that had NO say so in being brought over here maybe when he or she was an infant? Are you going to send them to Mexico where they probably do not even know the language? I hope the Republicans do oppose it though because it will be one more nail in their coffin as the demographics change more in coming years.
Considering this thread is about Hispanics that oppose the Dream Act, a change in demographics won't necessarily help just the dumocrats. And as far as language goes, I highly doubt their parents knew English when they came here. So they will adjust, just as their parents did when they came to the US.

If an illegal broke into your house and stole half a million dollars and was caught 3 years later, half the money being spent, would you say that the children had adapted to a certain lifestyle so they should be allowed to keep the rest of your money? It wasn't the kids fault the parent stole the money. The kid is used to a certain lifestyle now. You surely wouldn't expect them to give your money back now would you?? THEY ARE CHILDREN for crap sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Almost everyone i know opposes illegal immigration and i'll admit that not every Hispanic will have the same view concerning this issue. Now, can you admit to yourself that not all Americans share your point of view concerning this issue?
I will. This is in evidence of our elected reps and folks like yourself who see things from a different perspective than folks like myself. Good thing this is America and we are allowed our opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are as stupid as the Republicans. How in the hell are you going to blame some kid that had NO say so in being brought over here maybe when he or she was an infant? Are you going to send them to Mexico where they probably do not even know the language? I hope the Republicans do oppose it though because it will be one more nail in their coffin as the demographics change more in coming years.
Its not about blame and never has been. The Dream act is wrong because it is rewarding criminal behavior.
Conversely Legals who wish to sponsor their children face a much greater challenge because they obeyed the laws.
For example:
http://www.smc.edu/Projects/3/Admiss...admitAppP1.pdf
This is exactly what I needed to sponsor my step daughter on an F1 visa.
The same is true of her mother who just became a US Citizen. Now how is it right to make people who have done nothing but obey the law not just come up with the tuition but also the extra cash needed to demonstrate that they will pay the bills. Instead we seek to reward the parents of the illegal student for their crimes by holding them to a much lower standard.
Add to this make loans available to the dreamie.
Growing up in a house hold of illegals its safe to assume that most speak the language of their parents. Given the fact that so many illegals can't speak english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Almost everyone i know opposes illegal immigration and i'll admit that not every Hispanic will have the same view concerning this issue. Now, can you admit to yourself that not all Americans share your point of view concerning this issue?
You claim that almost everyone you know opposes illegal immigration. I would venture to say, their opposition is based on their belief that our “unfair” immigration laws have somehow “forced” foreigners to live here illegally, rather than an actual opposition to the lawlessness illegal immigration engenders. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Produce one post in which I have even remotely implied that ALL Americans share my opinion on illegal immigration or the DREAM Act, and I will dismantle my laptop and eat it one key at a time. I have never made such an outlandish assertion, and can’t imagine why you would even suggest such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You claim that almost everyone you know opposes illegal immigration. I would venture to say, their opposition is based on their belief that our “unfair” immigration laws have somehow “forced” foreigners to live here illegally, rather than an actual opposition to the lawlessness illegal immigration engenders. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Produce one post in which I have even remotely implied that ALL Americans share my opinion on illegal immigration or the DREAM Act, and I will dismantle my laptop and eat it one key at a time. I have never made such an outlandish assertion, and can’t imagine why you would even suggest such.
Thanks for the morning laugh, Benicar. None of have claimed that all Americans share our views but the majority certainly do. As you said, these pro-illegals will claim they oppose the concept of illegal immigration but they certainly don't oppose rewarding these illegal aliens with citizenship and anyone who does is called a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are as stupid as the Republicans. How in the hell are you going to blame some kid that had NO say so in being brought over here maybe when he or she was an infant? Are you going to send them to Mexico where they probably do not even know the language? I hope the Republicans do oppose it though because it will be one more nail in their coffin as the demographics change more in coming years.
If you think they’re innocent kids, please visit the DREAM Act Portal Forum. I assure you, they have the same proclivity for lawlessness as their criminal parents. They brazenly discuss on a public forum their various schemes for working with a stolen or fake SSN, fraudulently obtaining a driver’s license and in-state tuition, working under the table, etc. Furthermore, every DREAMie who entered this country under the age of 16 did not enter with their parents. Some teens made the trek alone, and of their own volition. Tell me, how do we determine who came with parents/adults, and who didn’t? Or, should we reward all for simply entering our country illegally prior to the age of 16?

They may have been children when they arrived, but most are now adults. After all, the age limit is 29. Hardy what I consider a “child.” Shall we excuse their adult behavior simply due to childhood experiences? We certainly hold adult citizens accountable for criminal behavior, notwithstanding the unfortunate circumstances of their childhood.

If they don’t know the language, how do they communicate with their parents who only speak Spanish? I don’t know about you, but English was my primary language because it was the language spoken by my parents. It was the only language I heard.

Are you suggesting our members of Congress should pander to illegal aliens simply because they are responsible for the surge in the Hispanic population in this country? If members of Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, or the Mexican drug cartels suddenly became the fastest growing demographic, should we cater to them as well?

It isn’t an issue of “blaming” children for the behavior of their parents. At issue is the notion of “rewarding” them. Someone mentioned the fact that we don’t incarcerate the children of criminals along with their parents. No, we don’t, nor should we. However, we also do not have provisions to reward them for the transgressions of their parents. Therein lies the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 04:20 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,101,205 times
Reputation: 2244
man i thought these were actual latino leaders.
a better title should read:
"latino community activists..."

what a dupe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
man i thought these were actual latino leaders.
a better title should read:
"latino community activists..."

what a dupe.
The one!!! Its been a while..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top