U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets not forget what we have seen happen when communities have cracked down on illegals. Self deportation is the result. They move to a place that is not bringing the heat. If done nation wide they will have no choice. Some will try to evade but as they are rounded up many more will flee accross the border.
Absolutely! I donít have to rely on reports either, because I have witnessed firsthand the mass exodus from Prince William County, VA. It was a literal stampede. I donít know why it is so difficult for some to realize that illegals will leave if they have no choice. Didnít they likewise flee their countries to come here?

Why would anyone choose to remain in a country in which they are unable to survive? As we have all said a trillion times, if they canít work, and canít rely on government handouts, they will return home. Itís simple common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 06:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
How was it biased? You made a charge now support it. Knight you know that I will acknowledge it when you do. I have in the past.
No I would not accept a claim made by LARAZ and for obvious reasons.
What would those reasons be? First of all, FAIR has a very clear anti immigrant agenda here and i'm sure they won't put out any studies that will contradict their goals. Most on my side of my side of the argument view FAIR,CIS,NumbersUsa the same way you view the NCLR. I can't believe you honestly think NCLR is biased but FAIR is not.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What would those reasons be? First of all, FAIR has a very clear anti immigrant agenda here and i'm sure they won't put out any studies that will contradict their goals. Most on my side of my side of the argument view FAIR,CIS,NumbersUsa the same way you view the NCLR. I can't believe you honestly think NCLR is biased but FAIR is not.
Why do you continue to spout the nonsense that FAIR is anti-"immigrant"? They aren't anti-immigrant, they are anti-illegal alien. You don't know the difference between those two groups?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:41 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:

It really doesn't matter if FAIR is anti illegal immigrant or not. Napalitano was the one that estimated the price of removal. Now that we know the price we can buy the product!!!

I saw on a health care thread that prices for healthcare went crazy and got worse in the 80's. That's when we had our last major amnesty. 135 billion is a steal to save this country.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigration? There is a huge difference. Are they anti-immigration or simply pro limited immigration. Once again there is a world of difference.
FAIR: About Comprehensive Immigration Reform
I see nothing that would indicate thate they are anti-immigration.
They are in fact for limiting immigration to that of whats in our nations interest. Although I may not agree with them entirely I can see the logic in what they propose.
FAIR seeks to improve border security, to stop illegal immigration, and to promote immigration levels consistent with the national interestómore traditional rates of about 300,000 a year.
Mission Statement

The mission of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is to examine immigration trends and effects, to educate the American people on the impacts of sustained high-volume immigration, and to discern, put forward, and advocate immigration policies that will best serve American environmental, societal, and economic interests today and into the future.
What is so anti-immigration in this?

Old 12-10-2010, 05:58 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigration? There is a huge difference. Are they anti-immigration or simply pro limited immigration. Once again there is a world of difference.
FAIR: About Comprehensive Immigration Reform
I see nothing that would indicate thate they are anti-immigration.
They are in fact for limiting immigration to that of whats in our nations interest. Although I may not agree with them entirely I can see the logic in what they propose.
FAIR seeks to improve border security, to stop illegal immigration, and to promote immigration levels consistent with the national interestómore traditional rates of about 300,000 a year.
Mission Statement

The mission of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is to examine immigration trends and effects, to educate the American people on the impacts of sustained high-volume immigration, and to discern, put forward, and advocate immigration policies that will best serve American environmental, societal, and economic interests today and into the future.
What is so anti-immigration in this?
They are against all the current forms of LEGAL immigration. I don't see how that is a pro-immigrant position.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
They are against all the current forms of LEGAL immigration. I don't see how that is a pro-immigrant position.
I don't see that they are against all current forms of legal immigration. Simply limiting immigration to 300,000 a year and to represent the needs of the nation. Not unreasonable at all.
They are for securing the border and they are stuanchly anti-illegal.
I don't see how these ideals = anti-immigration. It does = immigration reform. Once again this is a huge difference from being anti-immigration.
I don't agree with everything they stand for but I can go along with most of it.
For example: Do we really need anymore unskilled immigrants? We produce a bumper crop of unskilled labor on our own.
Do we need immigrants who can't speak our language?

Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
No, they aren't. They are for limiting immigration to numbers we can accomodate and that are in the best interests of our country. That doesn't make them anti-immigrant. They are just using common sense.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,097,724 times
Quote:
Correction.

Fair is anti-lawbreaker

Old 12-11-2010, 04:09 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Is it too soon to say "Ok, round 'em up!"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or