U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants who drive risk more than a ticket - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com

If only this was true for all States!

If a business can't stay open without doing business with illegals it SHOULD fail. The Latino community? How about spread the news it's mostly them coming here illegally.

sob alert
Hispanic leaders said immigrants are learning to avoid the police. Latino restaurants have lost business as their patrons choose to stay home. Attendance at Catholic churches dropped when police set up traffic checkpoints nearby.

"It's like a persecution," said Bishop Luis Rafael Zarama, the auxiliary bishop of Atlanta. "These laws only affect one group: the Latino community."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 05:23 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Gee could it be because they constitute the vast majority of all illegals?
So when these illegals arrive where do they tend to go and live?
Who is helping them to get their start?
Who is providing a home for them until they get some rent money together and find an apartment?

Old 12-10-2010, 07:16 AM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
When I am able, I hope to hang outside Mexican bars on Friday and Saturday nights with my camcorder and catch some illegals stumbling out to their cars. Follow them out of the parking lot and call the cops that there is a drunk driver on the road.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 AM

166 posts, read 212,198 times
"We have to work to support our kids, so we have to drive," Valencia said in Spanish, after she was released on a $7,500 bond in late October from an immigration detention center in Alabamato begin her legal fight against deportation. "If we drive, we get stopped by the police. The first thing they ask is, 'Can I see your license?' 'Don't have one? Go to jail.' And from jail to deportation."

(HEAVY sarcasm on)
Gee, What's the big deal, she was only
1. here illegally
2. working illegally
3. driving illegally......and she HAS to drive illegally to be able to work illegally.
Why can't the citizens of the US understand this?!
(ok, Sarcasm off)

Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
I just read that article in the New York Times. I am absolutely furious. If you can't drive legally then don't drive. I have no idea why the writer thinks Ms. Valencia is supposed to be some sort of sympathetic figure. Note how over and over again the writer repeatedly reminds us that Ms. Valencia has lived in the United States for 17 years yet she still needs an interpreter! What a lazy little pig that woman is! They then go on to interview the woman's daughter who states she herself does not speak Spanish very well. How do you communicate with your mom if you don't speak her language?

They also try to paint the people in the article as victims of discrimination. PUH-lease. The only victims here are people who have to live with a massive influx of lawbreaking arrogant creeps who are think they are above the laws.

I applaud the good citizens of Georgia. This just goes to demonstrate that illegal migration isn't just about breaking a single minor law. The only way an illegal migrant can make it here is to break all sorts of laws including employment laws, transportation laws and housing laws.

I hope Valencia is finally deported. We don't need arrogant people who refuse to learn English or obey our laws.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
When I am able, I hope to hang outside Mexican bars on Friday and Saturday nights with my camcorder and catch some illegals stumbling out to their cars. Follow them out of the parking lot and call the cops that there is a drunk driver on the road.
If I was in SoCal or AZ, I'd be there to support you.

I'd like to see some results on that. Maybe you can send the videos to "Cops" or "America's most wanted" to be televised.

Make sure that the license plate of each vehicle is clearly shown in the video.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
"It's like a persecution," said Bishop Luis Rafael Zarama, the auxiliary bishop of Atlanta. "These laws only affect one group: the Latino community."
Your leaving out one thing, Not just Latinos, "Illegal" Latinos.

There is such thing as "seperation of Church and State".
Lewie the Bishop best not try to revise the Georga laws. Especially when the law enforcement is fed up with illegal immigration.

Oklahoma's the same way.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

166 posts, read 212,198 times
A mere fender bender? Hmmm, I have an older car that I could likely donate to such a cause for as long as it hold out. LOL

Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I just read that article in the New York Times. I am absolutely furious. If you can't drive legally then don't drive. I have no idea why the writer thinks Ms. Valencia is supposed to be some sort of sympathetic figure. Note how over and over again the writer repeatedly reminds us that Ms. Valencia has lived in the United States for 17 years yet she still needs an interpreter! What a lazy little pig that woman is! They then go on to interview the woman's daughter who states she herself does not speak Spanish very well. How do you communicate with your mom if you don't speak her language?

They also try to paint the people in the article as victims of discrimination. PUH-lease. The only victims here are people who have to live with a massive influx of lawbreaking arrogant creeps who are think they are above the laws.

I applaud the good citizens of Georgia. This just goes to demonstrate that illegal migration isn't just about breaking a single minor law. The only way an illegal migrant can make it here is to break all sorts of laws including employment laws, transportation laws and housing laws.

I hope Valencia is finally deported. We don't need arrogant people who refuse to learn English or obey our laws.
Exactly! This reminds me of an incident involving my brother. He found a wallet in his backyard which contained a paycheck. Being an honest, law-abiding citizen, he wanted to return the wallet to its rightful owner, but was perplexed as to why the wallet was in his yard. He contacted the employer and was transferred to the owner of the wallet. My brother had a conversation in English with the guy until my brother inquired about why and how the wallet was in HIS yard. At that point, the guy told him, “No speak English” and abruptly ended the conversation.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Yet another slanted illegal alien who got caught "sob story". After all she has NO CHOICE but to break the law.......and yet again she's "fighting deportation"........

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - cry me a river
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration