Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,740,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd certainly like some kind of logical explanation for that. I have tasted Mexican food prepared by legal Hispanic citizens and it was supurb. I myself make excellent enchiladas for a white woman.
well, one logical explanation would be "trolling" ...

...But my point is that it isn't gonna happen any more than I cold step outside and fly away by flapping my arms. So why ask the question in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,175,497 times
If illegal aliens were deported, many welfare recipients could go to work for the minimum wage. The minimum wage in CA is $8.00 per hour, which would give them an income of $1280 per month. Suppose they're getting, between welfare, housing, food stamps, and utilities, $2500 per month in aid. The government could subsidize their rent, and utilities, provide food stamps, and still come out $1220 per month ahead. One caveat would be though---No work, no welfare. As for construction, and other jobs which pay more than a minimum wage, there are men living on welfare who can do these jobs. Their families can be subsidized if their wages don't meet a minimum standard. They'll say they can't afford a baby sitter, but there's no reason some of those welfare women can't be trained, and licensed to baby sit for the others. We have a lot of people who could be doing the jobs illegal aliens do, and there's a way they can do it for the same wages.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,375,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
and with most of those jobs held by "public servants"...that means a
Quote:
higher increase in your taxes.
Deportation is not a growth industry;
Quote:
but I can assure your taxes will be
But not yours?

Are you a Priest, or do you live in another country?

Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,823,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
But not yours?

Are you a Priest, or do you live in another country?
thats a ridiculous question. of course mine would increase as well.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,375,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
thats a ridiculous question. of course mine would increase as well.
You made your post sound as though you were except from taxes.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,644,643 times
I think if we did deport 12 -40 million illegals the recession would quickly end.

1. Unemployment would drop to 4-5%.
2. There would be many job openings. Inflation may drop as well due to less demand on real estate as other goods & services.
3. Also City & State budgets would benefit due to less strain & demand from illegals on states like California & New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration