U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Only the USA would tolerate illegal aliens brazenly “storming” the offices of politicians, and DEMANDING to be legalized.

Quote:
Many DREAMers had already all but moved in to congressional offices in the days before the House passed the DREAM Act. Now, with a Senate vote possibly just days away, hundreds of immigrant youth activists are gathering in D.C. for their final push of the year.

DREAM Act activists have been shutting down congressional switchboards with tens of thousands of phone calls every day, doing lobby visits with senators, and organizing their final actions of the year.
DREAMers Storm Capitol Hill, Await Word on Senate Vote - COLORLINES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,494,215 times
"This is the real issue for the DREAM Act- aliens would easily game this program by filing fraud applications, secure in the knowledge that nothing will be done to verify the information that they provide on the applications"

DREAM Act Must Be Stopped - Michael Cutler : Diggers Realm

Old 12-16-2010, 03:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
"This is the real issue for the DREAM Act- aliens would easily game this program by filing fraud applications, secure in the knowledge that nothing will be done to verify the information that they provide on the applications"

Of course “gaming the system” is their hallmark.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

Obviously. If all it takes was being smuggled in before age 16 - then all they will have to do is claim they were. Without documents, no one can prove anything and it would be a very easy matter to have the cartels who control the smuggling to simply provide false statements claiming the illegal in question was smuggled in before a certain date.

The Dream act requires only that someone was smuggled in before age 16 and that they be working on a GED or something else. Not much of a standard.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Where is ICE when you need them?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 PM

25,334 posts, read 37,471,570 times
Is this true? Are u F kidding...Illegals should be in prison or deported...so n ow they are storming the offices ....wow and that to know that USCIS is telling people with a valid visa that if they leave the country before their I-94 card is due and when they come back with a valid visa that doesn't mean they have to be let in...

This is going to be the country of being better off as an illegal than a legal alien....

Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 PM

910 posts, read 1,386,489 times
So sympathy from me, not now, most likely not ever! If you want people to sympathize for you, the last thing you should do is be demanding and act like you're owed something even though you have lived here your entire illegally! It really blows my mind how selfish they are being with this.

If we actually had some real requirements for them to gain citizenship instead of handing it out, they would be up in arms because these people have no love for this nation at all. Its all about the freebies and a give me give me give me attitude.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
I wish I had the time to take off to go and speak my views in such a way. Where do these guys find the time to do all these cross-country fastings, marches and protests?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Oh, you guys better be contacting your Senators and even other states' Senators to let them know how you feel and what you would like to see.

Oh and they did a blood drive to show that "they are giving back to the country?" That's a great thing to do as an individual, as a human being, but giving blood has nothing to do with whether you should be given legal status here or not, nor does it show your love for the country. I don't understand why illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigrant people always throw up these silly examples of "what they are doing." I just want to say, "S-T-F-U, no one cares that you are graduating from school. Just because you graduate doesn't magically mean you and millions others aren't going to end up leeching off of the system somehow." They just don't get it. There is very little that will justify them being here illegally. Even the military requirement is iffy. Two years? WTF? There are people who have been in the military for four or six years, get out and they don't get any love from the government. So, why should an illegal immigrant get to go into the military for just TWO YEARS and get one of the most beautiful things in the world ... a path to US Citizenship or the label of being in this country LEGALLY?

Quote:
Today DREAMers, as undocumented youth and DREAM Act activists are often called, organized a blood drive in Washington, D.C., at 50 F Street in coordination with the Children’s National Medical Center, according to Lucy Martinez, a DREAMer from Texas.
“We’re doing this to show that we have contributed to society, and we do give back to this country,” Martinez said. “We’re all human. We all have the same blood.”
No duh that we are all human, but that doesn't make it OK for you and a multi-million amount of other illegal people to be in our country sharing our resources and basically, practically, our money with us.

I wish I could do bad things, lie, cheat, steal and use the system and then just say, "We're all human." "I got to eat, so I'm going to rob you, I hope you understand, we are all human." "I want to take away from your kids future, but we are all human, so I deserve that right." "I want to break your state's budget and infrastructure, but since we are all human, it should be OK." Scavengers.

Last edited by SoEdible; 12-16-2010 at 09:20 PM..

Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I wish I had the time to take off to go and speak my views in such a way. Where do these guys find the time to do all these cross-country fastings, marches and protests?
They should have used this time applying for citizenship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration