U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:02 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270

Advertisements

Hundreds line up to shovel snow at TCF Stadium | Minneapolis and St. Paul | kare11.com

 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
The Minnesota Vikings, as you may know can't play in their own stadium, so they got to play in another stadium and people were alerted about how they needed help clearing all the snow out. So, people lined up to try to get paid for shoveling the snow. Is this one of the jobs that pro-illegal immigration people say that Americans won't do? If you look at the picture I found below, you'll see a variety of people in those lines and let's just say that we can pretty much know that they are bonafide Americans and legal.

NFL - Photo Gallery - Yahoo! Sports
 
Old 12-16-2010, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Actually there are many jobs the majority of Legal American citizens won't do.
Murder
Rape
Sell drugs
smuggle drugs
ID Theft
Tax evasion
human trafficing
prostitution
fraud
Just to name a few.......
Every single illegal commits at least 1 or more of these crimes.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Actually, we do murder, etc. LOL I understand what you are saying, but we do those things. The difference is that we aren't coming into the country and adding onto the problem. Illegal immigrants do that. They come in and add onto our already existing realities and issues.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
3,709 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Reputation: 3607
Reminds me of the old Met Stadium when the Vikes
played outside and Bud Grant would not allow heaters
on the sidelines.

The day's of real football & the 'Purple People Eaters'
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM
 
3,884 posts, read 8,756,665 times
Reputation: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
The Minnesota Vikings, as you may know can't play in their own stadium, so they got to play in another stadium and people were alerted about how they needed help clearing all the snow out. So, people lined up to try to get paid for shoveling the snow. Is this one of the jobs that pro-illegal immigration people say that Americans won't do? If you look at the picture I found below, you'll see a variety of people in those lines and let's just say that we can pretty much know that they are bonafide Americans and legal.

NFL - Photo Gallery - Yahoo! Sports
Thats awesome! Go Vikings!
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually there are many jobs the majority of Legal American citizens won't do.
Murder
Rape
Sell drugs
smuggle drugs
ID Theft
Tax evasion
human trafficing
prostitution
fraud
Just to name a few.......
Every single illegal commits at least 1 or more of these crimes.
But the vast majority of the people who do those tasks are legal Americans...and they do them at a higher rate than illegals.

And no every illegal does not commit one of those actions.
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:38 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
But the vast majority of the people who do those tasks are legal Americans...and they do them at a higher rate than illegals.

And no every illegal does not commit one of those actions.
Considering that there are more legal residents here than illegal residents, I would say that we do commit those crimes more than illegal immigrants. However, just curious, not saying that you are wrong, what is your source that supports your claim that legal residents commit these crimes nationally at a higher rate than illegal immigrants? Are you just saying that because you would assume that that is the case? When do we know that someone is an illegal immigrant if law enforcement is not allowed to ask these things in most cities or towns in our country?
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Considering that there are more legal residents here than illegal residents, I would say that we do commit those crimes more than illegal immigrants. However, just curious, not saying that you are wrong, what is your source that supports your claim that legal residents commit these crimes nationally at a higher rate than illegal immigrants? Are you just saying that because you would assume that that is the case? When do we know that someone is an illegal immigrant if law enforcement is not allowed to ask these things in most cities or towns in our country?
Check around...lots of literature on the subject. Immaterial in a way though. Illegals do not commit crimes to even their percentage of the population...but if they did or more they are still an almost negligible part of the crime problem.

So it is generally raised in a racist or xenophobic way...
 
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
But the vast majority of the people who do those tasks are legal Americans...and they do them at a higher rate than illegals.

And no every illegal does not commit one of those actions.
Really ?
Some have valid SSN's?
Some legally work in this country?
None commit any form of fraud?
The fact that we have so many criminals only stands to re-enforce our need to secure the border and deport every single illegal. We quite simply don't need anymore criminals and every single illegal is in fact a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top