Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They shouldn't be allowed access to in-state tuition for college however. Surely K1-12 is a valid "education"?
that is up to the people of that state. If the people of that state decide to grant in-state tuition or in-state tuition rates...then that is up to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 02:52 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Any illegal should be banned from U.S services.
The Military services were formed before the Country; with people from all over the world fighting for it's formation...the tradition should continue.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Military services were formed before the Country; with people from all over the world fighting for it's formation...the tradition should continue.
There is no tradition of illegal aliens serving in our military. In fact, illegal aliens are prohibited from serving in our military and that is the way it should be.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
that is up to the people of that state. If the people of that state decide to grant in-state tuition or in-state tuition rates...then that is up to them.
so? My post still stands

Old 12-23-2010, 04:00 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:
Do you really think that that applies in 2010 for the United States of America? I mean, really. Listen to yourself. There's a lot of things that went on over two centuries ago, should we be OK with implementing today?

That's such a typical way of you to try to justify something.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
They will not leave faster if they were to be denied from attending public school, of that I am certain - in case you are unfamiliar with it, Prop 187 addressed this exact issue (among the other negative financial impacting aspects of the illegal invasion) in the state of CA, which is ground zero for the hordes who sneak in from SOB. As it is, more than half of the hispanics in CA don't even graduate from HS. Prop 187 was referred to as the "last gasp of white America" by Art Torres. (The Prop to stop illegals from receiving public services including public schooling was passed by the voters of CA but later declared unconstitutional by the federal court.) Who is this Art Torres, you might ask? A former CA state senator, that's who.

This next bit of info might raise your blood pressure - there are actually areas along the border where busloads of kids are brought into the US to attend our public schools each morning.
I remember when Prop 187 passed. I was one of the many Californians who voted for it.
Then it was declared unconstitutional.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:10 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,495 times
Quote:
Thank you for stating the obvious.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:52 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Thank you for stating the obvious.
And for helping to expain why so many states are facing budget crises. There is only so much of other peoples' money that politicians can steal to bribe newly-minted voters.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
The fact that it is “up to them” doesn’t make it right. Foreign students who are here LEGALLY are required to pay higher rates. Why should illegal aliens receive tax-funded in-state tuition as a reward for living here in violation of our laws? It’s insane, and unfair to every law-abiding foreign student, as well as out-of-state citizens.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:43 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
<<Why would there be a wooden footbridge in the middle of the desert? Re: school buses - I believe you are talking about the Columbus/Palomas port of entry in New Mexico. These children cross into the US legally at a border checkpoint.>>

Let me try to explain: The buses don't coss the river, My dear, the bridge does. The bridge is not in the midlle of a dry desert, and I'm not talking about the Columbus/Palomas Port of Entry. I'm talking about a footbridge in the middle of nowhere, with no checkpoint. Let me explain---The buses pick them up after they walk across the bridge (the one which crosses the river) entering this country, and drive them to school. After school, the buses let them off at the bridge (the same one that crosses the river) so they can walk across the bridge on their way home to Mexico. If you need further explanation, let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration