Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:14 PM

105 posts, read 298,119 times

Advertisements

Why do people complain about the illegals yet they do nothing? They come on here and say how much money they're stealing from taxpayers, they tell about the horrible crimes and they state how they take their jobs...but then what? They do nothing and just complain. Unless you live in East Los Angeles or somewhere that is overwhelmingly illegal, then you can put an end to this.

It's especially easy if you live in a smaller town or somewhat rural area. If you see illegals working a job such as construction or fast food in your town, don't just complain...do something about it. How though? Well, the illegals come to certain locations all because of jobs. Cut out the employer and they'll be on their way. That means video taping, contacting the local news or standing out front with a sign asking for a boycott of the company because of hiring illegals. Trust me, there are plenty of people that will get out and join you. People are fed up but they don't want to make the first move so you do it for them. You'll gain enough support and word will spread. The illegals and the company will feel pressure. Encourage others to write the company stating they will boycott business and have contacted ICE (do so, please).

Next, go after the illegals themselves. Don't make them feel welcomed. After all, they are ILLEGAL and are commiting horrible crimes everyday and stealing EVERYONE'S money. The facts are out there, look them up. So how do we go about doing this one? For one thing, holding up signs where they're working will cause attention to them which they won't like. Then tell everyone and post up fliers around town telling about all of the damage that illegal aliens do (Google it, you'll find an endless supply). Encourage other businesses to refuse service to illegal aliens and have them make it known by placing up a sign or something of that sort. Write your city officals and tell others to do so as well. Make them stop handing out welfare and food stamps to these illegals. Have your town pass English as the offical language. Simply refuse all service and show no respect to the illegals and have the people's anti-illegal alien stance know. Show support in numbers and things will get done.

I believe that almost any rural community could get rid of their illegal alien problem. Especially places in the midwest, north and the south-eastern states because all of those have not had a huge illegal alien problem to recentley. Of course Southern CA is done for along with South TX and AZ. A good part of the northern areas of those states can be saved though.

The keyword here is getting INVOLVED. Get out in the public and make it known that you don't want them here. I don't mean one big anti-illegal rally. I mean getting out there everyday posting up signs, contacting the local news and doing anything else to spread the word and get it out to the public. If your does town does these things and they are successful then that means the illegals will probably move to the next closest town which they will have to fight for as well. I believe that the success stories will easily spread and have a growing impact. You people can laugh and say it will never work. Well, don't complain when you lose your job or when no one around you can speak English and suddenly you as an American are a foreigner. Don't complain when your daughter gets raped or when your region is flooded full of meth, heroin and pot. Do something and who knowns, maybe it will start the next revolution and we can get these parasites out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
Why do people complain about the illegals yet they do nothing? They come on here and say how much money they're stealing from taxpayers, they tell about the horrible crimes and they state how they take their jobs...but then what? They do nothing and just complain. Unless you live in East Los Angeles or somewhere that is overwhelmingly illegal, then you can put an end to this.

It's especially easy if you live in a smaller town or somewhat rural area. If you see illegals working a job such as construction or fast food in your town, don't just complain...do something about it. How though? Well, the illegals come to certain locations all because of jobs. Cut out the employer and they'll be on their way. That means video taping, contacting the local news or standing out front with a sign asking for a boycott of the company because of hiring illegals. Trust me, there are plenty of people that will get out and join you. People are fed up but they don't want to make the first move so you do it for them. You'll gain enough support and word will spread. The illegals and the company will feel pressure. Encourage others to write the company stating they will boycott business and have contacted ICE (do so, please).

Next, go after the illegals themselves. Don't make them feel welcomed. After all, they are ILLEGAL and are commiting horrible crimes everyday and stealing EVERYONE'S money. The facts are out there, look them up. So how do we go about doing this one? For one thing, holding up signs where they're working will cause attention to them which they won't like. Then tell everyone and post up fliers around town telling about all of the damage that illegal aliens do (Google it, you'll find an endless supply). Encourage other businesses to refuse service to illegal aliens and have them make it known by placing up a sign or something of that sort. Write your city officals and tell others to do so as well. Make them stop handing out welfare and food stamps to these illegals. Have your town pass English as the offical language. Simply refuse all service and show no respect to the illegals and have the people's anti-illegal alien stance know. Show support in numbers and things will get done.

I believe that almost any rural community could get rid of their illegal alien problem. Especially places in the midwest, north and the south-eastern states because all of those have not had a huge illegal alien problem to recentley. Of course Southern CA is done for along with South TX and AZ. A good part of the northern areas of those states can be saved though.

The keyword here is getting INVOLVED. Get out in the public and make it known that you don't want them here. I don't mean one big anti-illegal rally. I mean getting out there everyday posting up signs, contacting the local news and doing anything else to spread the word and get it out to the public. If your does town does these things and they are successful then that means the illegals will probably move to the next closest town which they will have to fight for as well. I believe that the success stories will easily spread and have a growing impact. You people can laugh and say it will never work. Well, don't complain when you lose your job or when no one around you can speak English and suddenly you as an American are a foreigner. Don't complain when your daughter gets raped or when your region is flooded full of meth, heroin and pot. Do something and who knowns, maybe it will start the next revolution and we can get these parasites out.
Why do people come on this forum and criticize others for "supposably" doing nothing about illegal immigration, when in fact, not one of these criitics have the slightest clue on whether or not anything is being done on our part.

So tell me......If we're not doing anything, then why wasn't the DREAMact passed?
In fact not one DREAMact Bill has passed.
I for one sent in 170 faxes and phone calls to Congress and State and local Representative's. And there are millions of other Activists across this country and on this forum
that's done the same. So before you go off on your "critical tangent's" , get the facts straight.

BTW, it's obvious in your post that you haven't lifted a finger to fight illegal immigration.
If you had, you would already know about who's doing what either for or against illegals and you wouldn't be critcizing others......
that is, unless your for illegal immigration.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 12-22-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 12-22-2010, 01:11 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:

how might I recognize an illegal alien vs. a legal alien? If I go hog-wild on "brown-folk"...does it mater that a couple of "legal" ones get in the mix?

as an exersize, call ICE the next time you "spot" an illegal alien at a job site; see if you ever speak to a live "human" voice to launch your "complaint". Have a nice day.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Why do people come on this forum and critisize others for "supposably" doing nothing about illeagal immigration, when in fact, not one of these criitics have the slightest clue on whether or not anything is being done on our part.

So tell me......If we're not doing anything, then why wasn't the DREAMact passed?
In fact not one DREAMact Bill has passed.
I for one sent in 170 faxes and phone calls to Congress and State and local Representative's. And there are millions of other Activists accross this country and on this forum
that's done the same. So before you go off on your "critical tangent's" , get the facts straight.

BTW, it's obvious in your post that you haven't lifted a finger to fight illegal immigration.
If you had, you would already know about who's doing what either for or against illegals and you wouldn't critcizing others......
that is, unless your for illegal immigration.
I'm not trying to get into a fight on this. I wasn't talking about City-Data specifically either. I've met so many people who are so mad about illegal aliens but they won't take 5 minutes to post up some signs or send a letter.

I have done quite a bit to fight illegal immigration. I've been going to numerous sites where illegals camp out for work and I hold up signs and discourage people from employing them. Many people have driven by and stopped to help out and join. I've been hanging up flyers around town getting the word and making it publicly known along with recruiting others. I send reports to ICE all the time about people employing illegals. I call the police all the time about illegals living in numerous canyons in the area.

I was one of those people that complained and complained and saw nothing getting done ever. I'm trying to get others to realize that with a little bit of effort we can get things done. Now you're trying to tell me that by my post you can say that I haven't done anything? I've sent more sent more letters, emails and phone calls to congress and my state representatives then I can count. All I was trying to do in my post was to get people to start doing things but you had to try and create some type of argument.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
how might I recognize an illegal alien vs. a legal alien? If I go hog-wild on "brown-folk"...does it mater that a couple of "legal" ones get in the mix?

as an exersize, call ICE the next time you "spot" an illegal alien at a job site; see if you ever speak to a live "human" voice to launch your "complaint". Have a nice day.
When I live in a region that has been strictly black and white up untill the 2000's and has had virtually no one else here then yes I can spot an illegal. Ya know, the ones that can't speak a word of English and live out in the canyons and by the creeks. Or how about when ICE actually does something and they bust one of the poultry plants around here. All of the workers were illegal just as suspected. Yes, I have talked to people at ICE. It takes months of complaints and whether or not they actually do something is a different story. Which why the people of the town need to take action since they will obviously do nothing.

No, I believe it doesn't matter if "a couple of legal ones get in the mix" as you put it. If feds came to check out my citizenship I'd be more then happy to show it.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:35 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:

You do realize that there are a lot of people on here who have been "doing" something about reducing illegal immigration? People have reported employers to ICE, they have called or written their legislators, they have voted out people, other things as well. As for me, I would eventually like to take it to the next level and deliver up the same amount of noise and rallying against illegal immigration that pro-illegal immigration people do. That is where the people who are for immigration law enforcement lack activity.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to get into a fight on this. I wasn't talking about City-Data specifically either. I've met so many people who are so mad about illegal aliens but they won't take 5 minutes to post up some signs or send a letter.
You're right!

And to everyone, yea, this person shouldn't be assuming this about everyone here as his first post came off as, but for a lot of people ... and that's a lot ... he/she is correct!

And us (those of us who are fighting against illegal immigration) realizing that to be true about our allies in this will be the best thing to ignite people to start doing more.

Even in my thread about using The Dream Act almost passing as motivation, I mentioned that many of us just aren't doing enough. That's politics in the U.S. though, many of us have strong opinions about things and nothing is done to make a change. No marches, sometimes no voting, no attending city council meetings, no writing letters to the local newspaper, etc.

Also, the politicians, lawmakers are seeing this. How does it look when a Congressman or the President is hearing more from the pro-illegal immigration people than they are from those of us who are fighting against illegal immigration? It looks like pro illegal immigrant people are louder than those who are fighting against it. It makes it look like we don't care, so the politicians will be like, "Well, it's a win-win for us. We get these illegal immigrants votes and money once they are legal and we don't p-!ss off our legal residents." But, they only think that because the pro illegal immigrants are flooding their mailboxes and stuff while they might be hearing way less from us. That's the thing though, I don't know whose calling and writing the most, but I know the pro illegal immigration people are ALWAYS in the news, always marching and starving themselves, lol.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

I don't think you can look at someone and know that they are an illegal immigrant, that I agree with. However, I think that something has to be done in order for law enforcement and the general public to stop being afraid to find out who IS illegally here. That's the problem. We KNOW that there are millions of illegal immigrants here and in some cities, towns and states, law enforcement has encountered more illegal immigrants than legal, whether they entered illegally or overstayed their visa. So, the question I have, when it is it OK to start questioning people on their status in the country? I live in Kentucky and it is fact released by our government that approx. 85% of our Hispanic population is undocumented. That's almost 9 out of 10. So, when I go into a fast food restaurant and I see that the whole backline of cooks and servers is Mexican or Guatemalan, is it discriminatory for me to use common sense and know that the majority of them are probably undocumented? Either they came up through the South illegally or they came here legally and overstayed?

Even the U.S. government has supported the thought that most Mexicans (the largest group of illegal immigrants) are here illegally or are the children of illegal immigrants.

So, when is it OK for a law enforcement group to go into a local McDonalds and say, "We've had questions from concerned citizens about the immigration status of your workers." When will it be OK for law enforcement to do this? What is REALLY wrong about checking people's paperwork and immigration documents through an agency to FINALLY get the truth? It's like the Arizona bill, many people were saying, "Check EVERYONE," so that discrimination would NOT be an issue. I would gladly submit my information just to prove that I'm not worried.

Look at things from another perspective too. Look at France, look at the UK. Let's say that in France, there are certain groups that you know are illegally there for the most part. I don't think we should go around questioning people because of the way they look. Nope. But, if they are working and someone has given a tip or if they are trying to receive government assistance, then I would have to ask, "I need to see that you are here legally."

Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Good points SoEdible. I wasn't trying to make a blanket statement about EVERYONE. I know there are plenty that are doing way more then me and others that are doing the same amount as me. Like you said, we need to unite against this problem. The whole point of my original post was to say that since the feds are not doing anything what so ever then we need to start local. I believe that if everyone who was against illegals would follow some of the steps I've said in my first post then we would get alot more done. Start local in your community and gain support. Hopefully others will take notice and it will be a growing movement. Then, maybe then...the feds will start listening to the American people. Anyways, let's just have some positive posts in here. Let's hear some success stories or some suggestions. We all have one thing in common and that is to get rid of the illegals, correct?

Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I for one sent in 170 faxes and phone calls to Congress and State and local Representative's. And there are millions of other Activists across this country and on this forum
mk,
good job, but you better get busy. I have been busy.

Action Stats

Faxes Sent

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration