Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
All of which of course, by your standards, makes it alright for them to break our laws and complain about those of us who are here legally.

Time to wake up and declare your allegance. To knowing law breakers or to those following a legal path.
And I am the one who is ignorant? This isn't a 2 sided war, this problem is complex and has many angles to it.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I understand the frustration, but really some of these comments in a thread titled "Christmas is a Lonely Time for Many Latino Migrants" are indicative of how much hate this forum has for these people...even in a time of giving.

This seems like a thread that would be on Stormfront.org, that's how low this is on the scale.
It's really quite simple. Obey American immigration laws. Don't accuse Americans of being heartless racists if we won't let you jump the queue. Don't do those things and we won't hate you.

It's disgusting that you would compare people to Nazis for such sentiments.

If she's that lonely she can go home. She clearly hates it here.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
She's obviously distraught, I mean she is the one living in a shelter not you folks on this thread. A homeless American will probably have a bit of hostility towards the government and its citizens as well.

It hasn't worked out for her, she really should consider going back to Mexico as it is not that bad.

The problem I have with this forum, is that it's an angry mob that has lost all dignity and civility. The comments here are no better than what you would find on Stormfront.org and that's shameful.
She made her bed. No one forced her to live here illegally, and I doubt she was forced to give birth to 3 children she clearly cannot support. The question posed regarding the father(s) is legitimate, and one I would also ask had she been a citizen. When will illegal aliens be expected to behave responsibly? How long should the citizens of this country be expected to tolerate this illegal invasion?

I don’t visit Stormfront, but their reputation is well-known. This forum bears no resemblance to them, and you know it. Why is it necessary to demonize us simply because we oppose illegal immigration?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
I understand the frustration, but really some of these comments in a thread titled "Christmas is a Lonely Time for Many Latino Migrants" are indicative of how much hate this forum has for these people...even in a time of giving.

This seems like a thread that would be on Stormfront.org, that's how low this is on the scale.
This seems like a really insular group. So it makes sense if they are perceived as threatened. Smaller groups like these usually have outspoken members who are a little more strong online. The trouble begins when they carry the same tone into the real world. They may not be mean spirited, but there is a definite sense of misdirected anger sometimes.

I should clarify that by they I mean insular groups in general. The whole notion of an echo-chamber reiterating views is not a good thing.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:

It’s isn’t hate. It’s disgust at the entire situation. And again, it is justified. No other country would ever tolerate this level of abuse.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
She made her bed. No one forced her to live here illegally, and I doubt she was forced to give birth to 3 children she clearly cannot support. The question posed regarding the father(s) is legitimate, and one I would also ask had she been a citizen. When will illegal aliens be expected to behave responsibly? How long should the citizens of this country be expected to tolerate this illegal invasion?

I don’t visit Stormfront, but their reputation is well-known. This forum bears no resemblance to them, and you know it. Why is it necessary to demonize us simply because we oppose illegal immigration?
Because I think it makes some people feel better to think that anyone who disagrees with them is simply a truly awful person. Some people have to divide the world into the good people and the bad people. It gets annoying after awhile. Unfortunately when it comes to any debate about immigration at all most of the responses by the pro-illegals are anyone who does not agree with me is a racist.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:

It's a thread about Christmas Benicar, that you made.

Hate + Christimas, I'd call that self-demonizing.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:52 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
It’s isn’t hate. It’s disgust at the entire situation. And again, it is justified. No other country would ever tolerate this level of abuse.
Is it all justified? Do you think that there is some extreme comments made from people who are anti that shouldn't be made?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:

No. It was a thread about an illegal migrant whining that the American taxpayer has not done enough for her. If she's lonely she can go back home. Why are we being called Nazis for not responding well to a complaining line skipping racist who clearly hates this country?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:

I posted the article. I did not create the title. Regardless, she deserves no sympathy. Where is the hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration