Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 06:21 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Don't confuse it even more. As you've stated in multiple posts and threads, " How do you know they are illegal?"

Well, how do we know they are illegal? USA today stated some speculations. The IRS has no absolute numbers. If you can show information from the IRS stating cold hard facts about illegals and taxes then lets see it.

Apparently Illegals have found some ways to abuse the tax system too.

Massive sweep in ID theft/tax fraud,Greeley,CO - [domain blocked due to spam]
I'm not confusing anything. I'm stating that MOST likely, according to the IRS, they are illegal due to the higher than expected numbers of ITINs. So what is the controversy? Type in illegal immigrants taxes and you get reports of thinktanks confirming this. There is no controversy about this. That is a non-issue. What should be talked about is how to expand taxes to ALL illegal immigrants. That's where the issue should lie, not whether or not some pay income taxes. We already know some do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I'm not confusing anything. I'm stating that MOST likely, according to the IRS, they are illegal due to the higher than expected numbers of ITINs. So what is the controversy? Type in illegal immigrants taxes and you get reports of thinktanks confirming this. There is no controversy about this. That is a non-issue. What should be talked about is how to expand taxes to ALL illegal immigrants. That's where the issue should lie, not whether or not some pay income taxes. We already know some do.
Again, how do you KNOW they are illegal? You need to quit using that phrase if you can't stand by it.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Again, how do you KNOW they are illegal? You need to quit using that phrase if you can't stand by it.
Fine they're fairies from the land of Narnia. You got it. How can we disprove that? Afterall, we can't disprove that. Even if the IRS and several organizations have shown an increase of ITIN use for illegal immigrant, but there is always the possibility that they are simply lying and thus a part of the pro-illegal, anti-fairy plot. Down with Narnia.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Fine they're fairies from the land of Narnia. You got it. How can we disprove that? Afterall, we can't disprove that. Even if the IRS and several organizations have shown an increase of ITIN use for illegal immigrant, but there is always the possibility that they are simply lying and thus a part of the pro-illegal, anti-fairy plot. Down with Narnia.
Give it a rest. There is no such data available.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Give it a rest. There is no such data available.
I'm sorry, but I'm a little biased against you...it's not fair and I acknowledge that. With that said, it's pretty much confirmed unlike other theories if you will. Sorry I like thinktanks and universities and yes, the IRS in terms of taking data. I will most likely trust the horses mouth. If you don't, that's fine, not smart...but that's fine.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM

I will add that it's fine to not like illegal immigrants for the burden placed economically. I get that point and agree 1000%. What I don't get is why not try to create a better system in which they do pay taxes more?

I do have to apologize for the previous bias, one thread shouldn't spill over to another. Your belief for one thread is not the same as here.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
I will add that it's fine to not like illegal immigrants for the burden placed economically. I get that point and agree 1000%. What I don't get is why not try to create a better system in which they do pay taxes more?

I do have to apologize for the previous bias, one thread shouldn't spill over to another. Your belief for one thread is not the same as here.
Because we don't need them here based on our already filled quotas for legal immigration and we need those jobs for Americans who will in turn pay taxes. What part of that don't you get?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm a little biased against you...it's not fair and I acknowledge that. With that said, it's pretty much confirmed unlike other theories if you will. Sorry I like thinktanks and universities and yes, the IRS in terms of taking data. I will most likely trust the horses mouth. If you don't, that's fine, not smart...but that's fine.
Oh, I am well aware of your bias. . . . from day one. But, that's okay.

Until you produce an IRS report containing the title “Illegal Immigration Income 200_” I stand by my comments.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:

We have absolutely no obligation to legalize the status of illegal aliens. Contrary to their delusional belief, U.S. citizenship is not an entitlement. There are millions worldwide who would love to live in this country. Many have waited their turn, and have complied with all requirements. I don’t believe we should reward people who have not played by the rules. I also don’t like users.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, I am well aware of your bias. . . . from day one. But, that's okay.

Until you produce an IRS report containing the title “Illegal Immigration Income 200_” I stand by my comments.
You do what thinktanks are right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration