Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Wrong......

A new provision recently added to Oklahoma's HR 1804, require's that "English and only English", to be used as the states official language.
Good for OK not acknowledging current economic realities. Truly a shining example for the rest of the nation to be as insular as possible. After all, that's the way our world is headed...insularity and ignorance of other cultures.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Sharon Angle's entire agenda. Arizona's ridiculous bill on immigration. Christine O'Donnell's agenda. Sarah Palin. What about Rand Paul's comment on civil rights. The whole fear mongering that goes on without any basis. The anti-czar campaign. The anti-DREAM act campaign. These things are simply based in fear and not on what is good for our nation.

Look, the entire thing is ridiculous. They wanted Bush era tax cuts to remain while decreasing unemployment benefits, something that the CBO stated would be detrimental to the economy.

I was very specific. I gave you tea party member names. The entire thing is ridiculous. It's defies logic.
What is ridiculous about the AZ law? Is that all you can do is bring up individual's opinions on certain matters? Go by the Tea Party's mission statement not by what certain individual's have to say. I don't like either Palin or O'Donnel. Does that mean that I should dislike the entire agenda of the Tea Party? If you are a Democrat do you agree with everyone in that party? No, you probably don't but that is no reason to not to adhere to the Democrat's policies overall if you llke that party.

1.Anti-czar campaign? What does that mean. Do you want czar's to rule us?

2. Dream Act. Nothing good for America in that and numerous posters in here have made valid arguments against it. It isn't just the Tea parties that objected to that legislation either.

Why do I get the feeling that your dislike for the Tea Party is more about their objection to illegal immigration than anything else since you argue for illegal aliens all the time.

3. So the CBO disagreed with the Bush tax cuts and lower unemployment benefits. Who gives a damn? Doesn't mean they are right about it.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-01-2011 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Good for OK not acknowledging current economic realities. Truly a shining example for the rest of the nation to be as insular as possible. After all, that's the way our world is headed...insularity and ignorance of other cultures.
Oh for God's sake! We can't make English our official language because it will make us ignorant of other cultures? WTH? No, this is about cutting out the expense of printing documents in many languages, acknowledging that English has been or dominant language since its founding and giving it its rightful place in our heritage and it would encourage assimilation to our langauge.

You do know that most other countries have an official language, don't you? Are they insulated from the world and ignorant of other cultures? You are really getting desperate in here.

This country has been around for over 200 years. We have done just fine with English. We have had people of different cultures and languages living here for eons now. All of a sudden we need to learn their native languages? ( I am sure you mean Spanish, we aren't fooled). In most job situations there is no need to know another language unless one chooses to learn one. No American should have another language shove down their throats to appease immigrants or if they aren't involved with dealing with other countries on their jobs.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What is ridiculous about the AZ law? Is that all you can do is bring up individual's opinions on certain matters? Go by the Tea Party's mission statement not by what certain individual's have to say. I don't like either Palin or O'Donnel. Does that mean that I should dislike the entire agenda of the Tea Party? If you are a Democrat do you agree with everyone in that party? No, you probably don't but that is no reason to not to adhere to the Democrat's policies overall if you llke that party.

1.Anti-czar campaign? What does that mean. Do you want czar's to rule us?

2. Dream Act. Nothing good for America in that and numerous posters in here have made valid arguments against it. It isn't just the Tea parties that objected to that legislation either.

Why do I get the feeling that your dislike for the Tea Party is more about their objection to illegal immigration than anything else since you argue for illegal aliens all the time.

3. So the CBO disagreed with the Bush tax cuts and lower unemployment benefits

1) How does one determine if one looks illegal? Pretty bad wording.

2) OMG!!! You don't know what a czar is, do you? A czar is simply an aid, they have no legislative power.

3) Except that it expands options for those that have the ability to serve in our military in the midst of two wars (more people means more choices for a better military). As well as creating a system where we can retain the best and brightest (more bright people means more choices). It's a relatively simple concept. There are illegal immigrants that have made it into the nation's top schools and are doing well, I say we keep them. Those same posters may have claimed the NWO will destroy the world (I'm going to assume that this poster posted on this...this poster seems pretty prevalent). Not to mention that posters HERE debunked it is a pretty weak argument showing how it's been debunked. That's like pointing to a pro-Aztlan site and claiming that a reason why California should be part of Mexico is because their posters agree.

Tea Party members have made the majority of noise.

4) Yes the CBO disagreed with tax cuts and lower unemployment benefits.

When you have people that state things like fluoride in the water is a communist plot of brainwashing, would you trust them to make good policies regarding immigration?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
1) How does one determine if one looks illegal? Pretty bad wording.

2) OMG!!! You don't know what a czar is, do you? A czar is simply an aid, they have no legislative power.

3) Except that it expands options for those that have the ability to serve in our military in the midst of two wars (more people means more choices for a better military). As well as creating a system where we can retain the best and brightest (more bright people means more choices). It's a relatively simple concept. There are illegal immigrants that have made it into the nation's top schools and are doing well, I say we keep them. Those same posters may have claimed the NWO will destroy the world (I'm going to assume that this poster posted on this...this poster seems pretty prevalent). Not to mention that posters HERE debunked it is a pretty weak argument showing how it's been debunked. That's like pointing to a pro-Aztlan site and claiming that a reason why California should be part of Mexico is because their posters agree.

Tea Party members have made the majority of noise.

4) Yes the CBO disagreed with tax cuts and lower unemployment benefits.

When you have people that state things like fluoride in the water is a communist plot of brainwashing, would you trust them to make good policies regarding immigration?
The military needs to expand its options? Like we don't have enough Americans who want to join the military? FYI, the war in the Iraq/Afghanistan is just about over. We will be withdrawing troops soon. Why don't these "best and the brightest" take their brilliant brains back to their homelands to make them better? We don't have a shortage of brains in our country.

The Tea Party members have made a lot of noise? If so, so what? That is how change comes about.

I trust that the quotas we already have in place for legal immigration are where they should be or perhaps in today's recession they should be lowered. You know better than the experts?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
The military needs to expand its options? Like we don't have enough Americans who want to join the military? FYI, the war in the Iraq/Afghanistan is just about over. We will be withdrawing troops soon. Why don't these "best and the brightest" take their brilliant brains back to their homelands to make them better? We don't have a shortage of brains in our country.

The Tea Party members have made a lot of noise? If so, so what? That is how change comes about.

I trust that the quotas we already have in place for legal immigration are where they should be or perhaps in today's recession they should be lowered. You know better than the experts?
1 in 4 Americans fail the military test. Why is it bad to have a bigger pool of qualified people? You haven't answered that. We aren't withdrawing troops soon. You do remember that we just sent MORE troops to Afghanistan. Not to mention the looming threat of Iran and North Korea.

Why not have them stay here, the best and brightest? We do have a decline in some states over college entrance, most notably in CA.

The same experts that are trying to keep their jobs by placating activists that claim that czars and the NWO are taking over?

The Tea Party time and time again has proven itself to be inane. If you support it, then that means you support the candidates. Thus, good luck trying to run people like Sharon Angle and Sarah Palin.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
1 in 4 Americans fail the military test. Why is it bad to have a bigger pool of qualified people? You haven't answered that. We aren't withdrawing troops soon. You do remember that we just sent MORE troops to Afghanistan. Not to mention the looming threat of Iran and North Korea.

Why not have them stay here, the best and brightest? We do have a decline in some states over college entrance, most notably in CA.

The same experts that are trying to keep their jobs by placating activists that claim that czars and the NWO are taking over?

The Tea Party time and time again has proven itself to be inane. If you support it, then that means you support the candidates. Thus, good luck trying to run people like Sharon Angle and Sarah Palin.
If we keep the best and the brightest what do we do with the other 95% that aren't and who are only here to live off of the government?

The Tea Party was responsible for the largest gains in history in the midterms and 2012 will be even bigger if this liberal insanity continues.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:

I already told you that I don't like Palin or O'Donnel and for other reasons that have nothing to do with the basics of the Tea Party agenda. You're being ridiculous to claim that someone can't be a Democrat or a Republican for example if they don't embrace every member of those parties. No, we will be pulling out most the troops within 2 years from this war.

If there is a decline in college enrollment in some states it is probably because many can't afford to go to college these days the tuition is so high now. Calif. is one of the highest. I know, I live there.

Again, regardless of how many Americans may not be able to join the military there is enough who can to fill our needs. In fact I heard and I wish I knew where, that our military has a waitiing list because there are more potential enlistees than we need. The military has physcial requirements aside from any other qualifications. What makes you think that because these Dreamies or anyone else are educated that they can pass the physical?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If we keep the best and the brightest what do we do with the other 95% that aren't and who are only here to live off of the government?

The Tea Party was responsible for the largest gains in history in the midterms and 2012 will be even bigger if this liberal insanity continues.
Well, that is the issue we should focus on. I state we deport those that have not had an employment history (what length, I don't know) or have been convicted of a major offense. I think that we should also make schooling for their children a top priority as to prevent their kids from going on the dole.

Actually more incumbents won than lost. Republicans winning seats is more likely a typical response regardless of the Tea Party. In fact most Tea Party members haven't won. Only 32% of those who claim to be affiliated with the Tea Party won.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I already told you that I don't like Palin or O'Donnel and for other reasons that have nothing to do with the basics of the Tea Party agenda. You're being ridiculous to claim that someone can't be a Democrat or a Republican for example if they don't embrace every member of those parties. No, we will be pulling out most the troops within 2 years from this war.

If there is a decline in college enrollment in some states it is probably because many can't afford to go to college these days the tuition is so high now. Calif. is one of the highest. I know, I live there.

Again, regardless of how many Americans may not be able to join the military there is enough who can to fill our needs. In fact I heard and I wish I knew where, that our military has a waitiing list because there are more potential enlistees than we need. The military has physcial requirements aside from any other qualifications. What makes you think that because these Dreamies or anyone else are educated that they can pass the physical?
If you don't like the candidates which set the platform, then most likely you don't the movement. It's not that ridiculous. I'm pretty much saying that the message is that government is bad.

The candidates are a reflection of the movement.

Why not have the ability to have more choices? That's all my point was. You've not answered that.

Yes tuition is high in Cali. I know that firsthand. So why not have allow people that can and have been able to hack it stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration