Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
One that relies more on economic and demographic data and less on ideology.

Sorry, I am not following you. Want to elaborate?

Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
I tried to explain to the wasp that they occupied the space on my house and that there needs to be some sort of compromise. I asked them to leave, they egnored me, I asked them to at least be a funtional part of the family, they stung one of my kids. I then tried to swat them away, they attacked me. I then had enough and killed them all.
I'm just saying, sometimes you need to deal with pest as if they are pest!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
One that relies more on economic and demographic data and less on ideology.
I’m sure you have given your plan much consideration. Why not present it, and then we can discuss the pros and cons.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
One that probably is not from this poster. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. What? The evil white overconsuming overclass? God, get off it. You're just regurgitating rhetoric. At least have an independent thought. Be creative.

Failure to speak a foreign language really hinders chances everywhere. I'm trying for language 3 now...the first two aren't Spanish. Look, we live in a global world. One that pays a premium if you speak anther language.
Americans have done just fine speaking only one language for the most part. Unless you are in the tourist industry or have to deal with a foreign country on your job, there is no need to learn another language unless one chooses to. How many people hold jobs like that? Certainly not most. The only businesses that are requiring a foreign language in this country (and it is always only Spanish) are those businesses that make money off of or communicate with illegal aliens. Unfortunately, is it now affecting the public sector also such as government jobs and that is blatantly unfair.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I get you it. You're one of THOSE people. Yeah, okay in that case. GET 'EM OUT!!! ROUND 'EM UP!!! AHHH SKY IS FALLING!!!! What does that accomplish? Nothing. How can you have good solutions without a solid foundation in reality and good rational debates?

Bush used that tactic (ultimatums and emotion) for Iraq. Look how well that worked. Good policy is never based on those ideas.
What does that accomplish? It accomplishes nothing? Uh, yeah it accomplishes something.... their removal from our country just for starters.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
That's the great question. Is the tax burden worth purchasing power? I always really wondered that. Also, do those taxes equate to investment for future generations or does it reinforce an underclass?

I dunno, I just always wished our nation was a little less "loud". What is up with America and extremes?
I fail to grasp the concept that enforcing our immigration laws while still allowing in 1.5 million legal immigrants per year as being "extreme".

Old 12-27-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I believe that if illegals were so beneficial, as some say, then the story would write itself. Instead, what we are seeing is States being forced to oust them in any means legally possible.
Add to that that our states are going bankrupt absorbing their social costs and dealing with the additional crime, crowded schools, jails and hospitals. Where are these so-called benefits?

Old 12-27-2010, 02:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
A 2005 USC study concluded that illegal immigration increased purchasing power due to lowering cost. The study was from the Thomas Rivera Policy Library.

Americans are increasingly hindered esp. with the rise of BRIC.
Sadly, this is quite true. You can't refute it.

Truth is, the illegal immigrants are here because we want them here, even if you think you don't. They are invited here, even if you think they aren't.

How? Because they're only here because a JOB is here waiting for them. Instead of blaming the brown dude hanging out at the Home Depot, blame the employers. Oh...we don't wanna do that, huh? Well fine, but that's the only way you can get rid of this problem. You have to take away the incentive for them to come here. Until we shut down some major employers for violations, this will continue. The lure of cheap labor is too overpowering for employers to turn away from. Here in Arizona, we're passing laws like 1070....good luck. Meaningless, and it won't stop a single person from jumping over that border. And worse, 5 more will come over for every one you send back.

We could stop illegal immigration, but there is ZERO willpower to do so. We need to come to terms with that fact.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:25 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Truth is, the illegal immigrants are here because we want them here, even if you think you don't. They are invited here, even if you think they aren't.

How? Because they're only here because a JOB is here waiting for them. ut at the Home Depot, blame the employers. Oh...we don't wanna do that, huh? Instead of blaming the brown dude hanging oWell fine, but that's the only way you can get rid of this problem. You have to take away the incentive for them to come here. Until we shut down some major employers for violations, this will continue. The lure of cheap labor is too overpowering for employers to turn away from. Here in Arizona, we're passing laws like 1070....good luck. Meaningless, and it won't stop a single person from jumping over that border. And worse, 5 more will come over for every one you send back.

We could stop illegal immigration, but there is ZERO willpower to do so. We need to come to terms with that fact.
What's wrong with blaming both?

Old 12-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

How? Because they're only here because a JOB is here waiting for them. Instead of blaming the brown dude hanging out at the Home Depot, blame the employers. Oh...we don't wanna do that, huh? Well fine, but that's the only way you can get rid of this problem. You have to take away the incentive for them to come here. Until we shut down some major employers for violations, this will continue. The lure of cheap labor is too overpowering for employers to turn away from. Here in Arizona, we're passing laws like 1070....good luck. Meaningless, and it won't stop a single person from jumping over that border. And worse, 5 more will come over for every one you send back.

Factor in the economic and social negatives and it will blow any so-called positive study right out of the water. It matters not anyway. We are a nation of laws not lawlessness and have a right to enforce our immigration laws.

Who is this "we" you keep speaking of? Regular law abiding Americans who are the majority in this country did not invite them here nor do they want them here.

You must be a newbie in here because we hold all the guilty parties accountable and that is the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. The problem with your side is that you don't want to hold the illegals accountable at all. Whether or not some crook offered them a job to come here, they know right from wrong and know they have no right to be in our country illegally and working. They aren't babies you know. They are adults.

Guess you don't read the news much. Many illegals have left Arizona because of their stricter laws and many other states will follow. "We" will make sure that our congressmen grow the willpower to deter and deport illegal aliens in the coming years or they will be looking for another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration