U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-27-2010, 12:33 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,531,814 times
Reputation: 493

Advertisements

What ever happened to facts? I guess let me be a little less cryptic. It seems that many people view this as either a fusion of Mexico and the US or the complete destruction of the US. These people lack any true knowledge of policy and rely on knee jerk reactions. Why is are these the only two options? Why can't we have a third, calmer option?

 
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 7,329,435 times
Reputation: 3306
Just what would this 3rd calmer option be?
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:00 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Just what would this 3rd calmer option be?
Probably unlimited low skilled immigration from Latino countries to punish the evil white overconsuming overclass. Oh and mandatory Spanish lessons. Because failure to speak a foreign language is only distateful if you're an American who can't communicate with the guy with the seventh grade education who does you a favor by mowing the lawn you're too lazy to mow yourself.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:04 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,531,814 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Just what would this 3rd calmer option be?
One that relies more on economic and demographic data and less on ideology.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 7,329,435 times
Reputation: 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
One that relies more on economic and demographic data and less on ideology.
So go for it, give us the details of this great plan bro.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,531,814 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Probably unlimited low skilled immigration from Latino countries to punish the evil white overconsuming overclass. Oh and mandatory Spanish lessons. Because failure to speak a foreign language is only distateful if you're an American who can't communicate with the guy with the seventh grade education who does you a favor by mowing the lawn you're too lazy to mow yourself.
One that probably is not from this poster. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. What? The evil white overconsuming overclass? God, get off it. You're just regurgitating rhetoric. At least have an independent thought. Be creative.

Failure to speak a foreign language really hinders chances everywhere. I'm trying for language 3 now...the first two aren't Spanish. Look, we live in a global world. One that pays a premium if you speak anther language.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
One that probably is not from this poster. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. What? The evil white overconsuming overclass? God, get off it. You're just regurgitating rhetoric. At least have an independent thought. Be creative.

Failure to speak a foreign language really hinders chances everywhere. I'm trying for language 3 now...the first two aren't Spanish. Look, we live in a global world. One that pays a premium if you speak anther language.
I'm just reiterating the usual pro-illegal migration arguments. Most Americans don't benefit from illegal migrantion so there really isn't anything else to say. Oh and most Americans aren't even remotely hindered by not speaking another language.

The truth is that Americans don't want or need most illegal migrants. They have no skills and take money from taxpayers. But have fun pretending otherwise.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,531,814 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So go for it, give us the details of this great plan bro.
Why aren't issues like governmental lending and trade disparities being mentioned in discussions concerning root causes of illegal immigration? That would be a good place to start to open conversation.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,531,814 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I'm just reiterating the usual pro-illegal migration arguments. Most Americans don't benefit from illegal migrantion so there really isn't anything else to say. Oh and most Americans aren't even remotely hindered by not speaking another language.

The truth is that Americans don't want or need most illegal migrants. They have no skills and take money from taxpayers. But have fun pretending otherwise.
A 2005 USC study concluded that illegal immigration increased purchasing power due to lowering cost. The study was from the Thomas Rivera Policy Library.

Americans are increasingly hindered esp. with the rise of BRIC.
 
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 7,329,435 times
Reputation: 3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Why aren't issues like governmental lending and trade disparities being mentioned in discussions concerning root causes of illegal immigration? That would be a good place to start to open conversation.
Because no matter what BS you come up with there's no valid excuse for illegal immigration. The root cause of illegal immigration is illegal immigrants flooding across our borders, everything else is just an attempt to make it "less illegal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top