Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times

Advertisements

He'll be back, lol, just like he did the last time. But, seriously, it always seems like illegal immigrants only feel sorry once they are caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Juan Andres has “worked very, very, very hard for what he's got, and we send his son off to fight for his country,” said Franklin. “He's going to be (deported) to a country he knows nothing about. He has no home, he has nothing in Guatemala.”
If he has been in the United States for only 25 years then how does he know "nothing" about Guatemala? Also, she mentions that we need migrant workers for our farming. I have always agreed with this, but there are visas that are issued to give them the right to work here legally. This man should have taken that route. Once again, we see people ONLY feeling sorry once they or someone else is caught; do things the right way. He should be deported and able to apply for a visa in a specific amount of time. I think we all appreciate his son's service because without him, there wouldn't be another able body in the Marines.

It's sad when people get caught up in situations like this, but this should be an example and more reason for other illegal immigrants to start doing things the right way. The U.S. Government shouldn't have to continue to be put in these situations.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
If he has been in the United States for only 25 years then how does he know "nothing" about Guatemala? Also, she mentions that we need migrant workers for our farming. I have always agreed with this, but there are visas that are issued to give them the right to work here legally. This man should have taken that route. Once again, we see people ONLY feeling sorry once they or someone else is caught; do things the right way. He should be deported and able to apply for a visa in a specific amount of time. I think we all appreciate his son's service because without him, there wouldn't be another able body in the Marines.

It's sad when people get caught up in situations like this, but this should be an example and more reason for other illegal immigrants to start doing things the right way. The U.S. Government shouldn't have to continue to be put in these situations.
He won't be eligible for ANY visa - the last time he was deported it was for a CRIMINAL offence (human smuggling).

Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I personally think the father should be deported. His son's service in the Armed Forces has nothing to do with his illegal status.

He broke the law not once, but twice ( after coming back for being deported previously ). He needs to go back to where he came from.

Marine urging leniency for father awaiting deportation | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

( And before I get called heartless by some of the liberals: I am an Army vet and my dad is actually a LEGAL immigrant from a foreign country. He went through all the proper channels before I was even born to be able to live and work in the country legally. I have no mercy for those who choose the illegal route. )
Yes he DEFINITELY should be deported. In the article it states that he not only interprets for Illegals,he also chauffers Illegals around work.

Sounds like a criminal helping other criminals,not too bright either judging by the way he got caught!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes he DEFINITELY should be deported. In the article it states that he not only interprets for Illegals,he also chauffers Illegals around work.

Sounds like a criminal helping other criminals,not too bright either judging by the way he got caught!
He is a felon and an enabler. He should do prison time on top of being deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration