Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"It's not needed at all," Delahanty said. "There's no pressing problem here."
Oh, and I love how the Reverend says that illegal immigration is not a "pressing problem" in Kentucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Kentucky is where I was born and raised.
Quote:
Now, I hope you aren't getting visualizations of Hickville and imagining that we are all rednecks
, LOL, that is not the case. Although we do love one another one-in-the-same here. My point is that those of us from Kentucky who are concerned about illegal immigration aren't all going to be hillbillies that have it out for those who don't look like them.

I think it is important for Kentucky to nip illegal immigration in the bud before it drains us more. It has really been hurting our state. I will be sure to keep in touch with our Kentucky Senators about this issue and hope we have an effect on other states. I am interested to see the response to this news. I will be sure to support these proposals and hope that we don't get the same negative attention that Arizona did (boycotting, being called racist, etc.). If we do receive that, then fine, we will push through.
Whats wrong with being a redneck?

Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Nebraska is proposing new legislation as well.

I love the comment that 30,000 just isn't a real problem. But then if it were 60,000 I wonder if it would be considered too big to control. Some people just make no sense. And IMO when people affiliated with churches get involved in politics they should no longer be tax exempt.
I praise Kentucky! They are doing it before it becomes a problem and will keep illegals from thinking about going there.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Whats wrong with being a redneck?
UH ... didn't you see where I said, "We love one another one-in-the-same here?"

Really man, you're really gonna make something of this when I specifically tried to show that it doesn't matter who you are here, we are all Kentuckians and we show love to each other. (Although it isn't always perfect.)

Geez. ... It's amazing how we have selective reading sometimes. How does one skip over a sentence?

Old 01-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I praise Kentucky! They are doing it before it becomes a problem and will keep illegals from thinking about going there.
Pretty much, thanks for recognizing that. It IS a problem here already, but it'd be nice if they would nip it in the bud. It's been growing since about 1995, I'd say.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM

105 posts, read 298,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I take exception to this part of your post. Not every person legally allowed to work in this country is an American citizen, but if we have a VALID visa and are entitled to work then who are YOU to tell an employer to "hire an American"?

fwiw legal immigrants need work too, or else you'll be whining how you're paying for LEGAL immigrants to come here and not work next.
I'm talking about those who get a work visa to come and work here temporary (which never ends up being temp...) and sending all of their money back to their families in different countries. I'm not talking about someone who has become an American citizen for good. Right now, Americans are having a hard enough time finding jobs. I understand that hundereds of millions of people in this world need work, but we can't take care of everyone. We need to start thinking of America first right now. I know alot of people won't agree with me, but I'd say we're about full right now. Of course, if we were to deport the 15-20 million illegals there would be plenty of jobs and space to go around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration