U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

This is certainly unbiased.

Our immigration predictions for 2011 - Albuquerque Immigration | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,502,486 times
What do you disagree with Benicar? I would say all of those predictions are what this forum generally wants. Are you just upset with his own opinion of that prediction?

Last edited by Mach50; 01-03-2011 at 10:40 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What do you disagree with Benicar? I would say all of those predictions are what this forum generally wants. Are you just upset with his own opinion of that prediction?
While I agree with certain aspects of his predictions, I object to his attempt to portray illegal immigration as an exclusively “Latino” issue. They’re the first to spew accusations of racism and xenophobia whenever an opponent mentions Hispanics in connection with illegal immigration. Yet, they consistently exclude other racial and ethnic groups. Why not simply mention “proponents” of so-called immigration reform must flex their muscles, rather than make this a Latino imperative.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t demonize people for mentioning Hispanics and illegal immigration in the same breath, and then ONLY mention Hispanics when you’re discussing the issue. At the very least, it’s hypocritical.

His entire driver’s license section is BS. According to him, illegal aliens should be issued licenses. Otherwise, it will increase fatalities due to having untrained drivers on the road. Only a narcissistic fool would drive without first receiving instructions. Even if a license is impossible, I would not expect any decent human being to get behind the wheel of a car unless they know how to drive. There is NO excuse.

He refers to opponents of Birthright Citizenship as nativists, and also uses other terms intended to disparage, such as “kooks” and “anti-Hispanic.” I’m not sure what his motive is for mentioning "anti-Muslim racism" and Ground Zero. I wasn’t aware we had an illegal Muslim problem. Perhaps he has us confused with Europe.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-03-2011 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: Add a comment

Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 PM

3,802 posts, read 4,526,019 times
His Comment,

Border Security. "Expect the Obama administration to continue deporting more criminal aliens. Look to Arizona Sheriff Joe Arapaio to continue his misguided focus against illegal immigrant families for all the wrong reasons."

First of all why is it that they are 'Criminal Aliens' when
he refers to Obama and then they are 'Immigrants' when
he refers to Sheriff Joe, seems to me they all are ILLEGAL
ALIENS

It's real clear that this Wilson guy along with Obama are
the 'MISGUIDED' ones

Obama will NOT enforce the laws he took an oath to uphold

Reporter Wilson is very clear about his support for ILLEGAL ALIENS and regurgitating left wing propaganda and actually has no idea what he's talking about

Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
His Comment,

Border Security. "Expect the Obama administration to continue deporting more criminal aliens. Look to Arizona Sheriff Joe Arapaio to continue his misguided focus against illegal immigrant families for all the wrong reasons."

First of all why is it that they are 'Criminal Aliens' when
he refers to Obama and then they are 'Immigrants' when
he refers to Sheriff Joe, seems to me they all are ILLEGAL ALIENS

It's real clear that this Wilson guy along with Obama are
the 'MISGUIDED' ones

Obama will NOT enforce the laws he took an oath to uphold

Reporter Wilson is very clear about his support for ILLEGAL ALIENS and regurgitating left wing propaganda and actually has no idea what he's talking about
No, he isn’t biased.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:44 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
I'm wondering which side he's trying to impress with these "predictions"?.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While I agree with certain aspects of his predictions, I object to his attempt to portray illegal immigration as an exclusively “Latino” issue. They’re the first to spew accusations of racism and xenophobia whenever an opponent mentions Hispanics in connection with illegal immigration. Yet, they consistently exclude other racial and ethnic groups. Why not simply mention “proponents” of so-called immigration reform must flex their muscles, rather than make this a Latino imperative.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t demonize people for mentioning Hispanics and illegal immigration in the same breath, and then ONLY mention Hispanics when you’re discussing the issue. At the very least, it’s hypocritical.

His entire driver’s license section is BS. According to him, illegal aliens should be issued licenses. Otherwise, it will increase fatalities due to having untrained drivers on the road. Only a narcissistic fool would drive without first receiving instructions. Even if a license is impossible, I would not expect any decent human being to get behind the wheel of a car unless they know how to drive. There is NO excuse.

He refers to opponents of Birthright Citizenship as nativists, and also uses other terms intended to disparage, such as “kooks” and “anti-Hispanic.” I’m not sure what his motive is for mentioning "anti-Muslim racism" and Ground Zero. I wasn’t aware we had an illegal Muslim problem. Perhaps he has us confused with Europe.
Great post, Benicar. I am sick of these Hispanic hypocrites also. Everything to them is racism against Hispanics in regards to our immigration laws and ending birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. They are very transparent in their agenda to fill this country up with Hispanics via illegal immigration.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM

3,858 posts, read 5,971,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What? You saying that the article's author - who wrote "Win the Green Card Lottery!" and runs mygreencard.com - is biased?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
What? You saying that the article's author - who wrote "Win the Green Card Lottery!" and runs mygreencard.com - is biased?
Ironic, considering the "Latino" countries of origin that are ineligible for the Diversity Lottery participation, Mexico, El Salvador, Columbia and Guatemala. Guess that's why he'd like to see Illegal not mean illegal...............

Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Ironic, considering the "Latino" countries of origin that are ineligible for the Diversity Lottery participation, Mexico, El Salvador, Columbia and Guatemala. Guess that's why he'd like to see Illegal not mean illegal...............
LOL great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or