Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Welcome to the Forum

And remember they are not all from Mexico
Yep, lots of OTMs crossing the border illegally. Send the TSA to do the grope downs at the border if it is really all about making the USA "safe".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
This made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. See the difference is that unlike being African-American, Hispanic, a woman, a short person, etc., being in a country illegally is a conscious choice people make. Should we take a denialist view towards this massive social problem? I wholeheartedly aggree with the previous poster that this notion is insulting to the people who were made to come here through no choice of their own. No one is forced to cross the Rio Grande, or the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. If you don't want to be called an illegal alien then don't be one. This logic applies to people of all races and all nationalities and people who can't see past that either have an embarrassing chip on their shoulder or they have some serious entitlement issues.

Last edited by Bluefox; 01-04-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Not going to happen OP. See the difference is that unlike being African-American, Hispanic, a woman, a short person, etc., being in a country illegally is a conscious choice people make. Are you implying we should take a denialist view towards this massive social problem? I with the previous poster that this notion is insulting to the people who were made to come here through no choice of their own. No one is forced to cross the Rio Grande, or the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. If you don't want to be called an illegal alien then don't be one.

Just for my own entertainment, what would YOU call people who are in this country in violation of federal law?
The OP is being sarcastic.
Funny that people view the term as Hate Speech. Call it what you will. The term is not going away. It may go away in the court system but society will still refer to them as illegal.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:

Just for my own entertainment, what would YOU call people who are in this country in violation of federal law?
Illegal Alien

Old 01-04-2011, 10:03 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Haha yeah I just realized OP's sarcasm. Really, it's quite a laughable notion.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:52 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
No more illegal alien? Well, okay, if they really insist. Will criminal invader work for them instead? With a little practice we could all get used to this new designation.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
This made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. See the difference is that unlike being African-American, Hispanic, a woman, a short person, etc., being in a country illegally is a conscious choice people make. Should we take a denialist view towards this massive social problem? I wholeheartedly aggree with the previous poster that this notion is insulting to the people who were made to come here through no choice of their own. No one is forced to cross the Rio Grande, or the Detroit-Windsor tunnel.
Quote:
If you don't want to be called an illegal alien then don't be one.
This logic applies to people of all races and all nationalities and people who can't see past that either have an embarrassing chip on their shoulder or they have some serious entitlement issues.
Quote:
If you don't want to be called an illegal alien.... then don't be one.
A perfect sign/motto. Get some signs and bumper stickers made up and I'll buy some and start passing them out.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
WTH are we supposed to call them then?
Citizenly-challenged?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Uninvited guests.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Welcome to the Forum

And remember they are not all from Mexico
TY and youre right, not all illegals are from Mexico. Jut that most of them claim Mexican so their deporting is just across the line, not 1000 miles back to Guatemala whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration