Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Chicano Studies is teaching hate. You don't teach hate & racism in school

See more here

A few here want to talk about Black American studies, But black Americans is American history & it does not teach hate, but about slavery which happened in almost every western country, and accomplishments of black Americans as well as white Americans
So, teaching children in the southwestern and western part of the United States why so many of the cities, towns, streets, etc. have Spanish names is teaching hate?
Fascinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Unless we want another Golan Heights I think it best to cease teaching this at a young level.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaOnIce View Post
so this law was another racist law from arizona targeted to hispanics and hispanics only. Alright i get it now.
Seems so:

"For all of that and more, Mr. Acosta’s class and others in the Tucson Unified School District’s Mexican-American program have been declared illegal by the State of Arizona — even while similar programs for black, Asian and American Indian students have been left untouched."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/08/us...pagewanted=all

Old 01-14-2011, 02:19 PM

320 posts, read 290,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless we want another Golan Heights I think it best to cease teaching this at a young level.
What are you're afraid the Mexicans are going to try and take the Southwest back? You sound kinda...... I don't know how to say it. Weak and scared?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:22 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Quote:
Aztlan already refers to their supporters as the "American Palestinians"........saw that particular rhetoric over a decade ago.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
What are you're afraid the Mexicans are going to try and take the Southwest back? You sound kinda...... I don't know how to say it. Weak and scared?

I've got my share of arms. I'm more worried about heightened confrontations with BP from drug cartels. If we keep "teaching" this carp many of these kids probably will switch sides. (not that many ever had a loyalty for the US). We see it in Iraq, Afghanistan among other parts of the world.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
I'm more worried about heightened confrontations with BP from drug cartels. If we keep "teaching" this carp many of these kids probably will switch sides. (not that many ever had a loyalty for the US). We see it in Iraq, Afghanistan among other parts of the world.
Yes it pretty clear

Old 01-14-2011, 03:01 PM

320 posts, read 290,290 times
Quote:
I've got my share of arms. I'm more worried about heightened confrontations with BP from drug cartels. If we keep "teaching" this carp many of these kids probably will switch sides. (not that many ever had a loyalty for the US). We see it in Iraq, Afghanistan among other parts of the world.
Yeah tough guy with your guns huh. Just as I thought. I bet you shrivel up when it's not on your person.

I think this problem is out of hand. But these people will never try and take this over. Why in the hell are they flocking from their country anyways? So they're coming here just so they can live in Mexico again? Right. You make alot of sense. If these people tried any type of military action we could wipe them out easily. But the politicians keep cowards/weak minded people like yourself in fear of them so as to control you easily. And you know what? The politicians you pray to save you from these scary Mexicans are the ones who turn a blind eye to them. So I hate to say it but you're gonna have to deal with some scary times. But that's OK. The tough guy has his guns.....

Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, it is a state for all citizens and legal immigrants. Illegal aliens are not welcomed regardless of their ethnicity. You know what you can do with your race card, don't you?
Something to with the sun not shinning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Yeah tough guy with your guns huh. Just as I thought. I bet you shrivel up when it's not on your person.

I think this problem is out of hand. But these people will never try and take this over. Why in the hell are they flocking from their country anyways? So they're coming here just so they can live in Mexico again? Right. You make alot of sense. If these people tried any type of military action we could wipe them out easily. But the politicians keep cowards/weak minded people like yourself in fear of them so as to control you easily. And you know what? The politicians you pray to save you from these scary Mexicans are the ones who turn a blind eye to them. So I hate to say it but you're gonna have to deal with some scary times. But that's OK. The tough guy has his guns.....
I hunt, you probably wouldn't have the stomach for it. Ever hunt bear with a bow? You should try it. It levels the playing field.

It's too politically hot potato to think about exchanging fire with our military. Our Pres would never let it. We'll dump billions into their economy before we oust the bad guys.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration