U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
 
646 posts, read 1,636,202 times
Reputation: 155

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
You know I've noticed something when I watch those 'house flipping' and home improvement shows on tv. If you pay close attention, though they don't pan the camera in that direction, it would appear to me that many of the workers look as if they're illegal immigrants. It's not only large corporations who are hiring them, it's individuals who are making a profit on their labor. You might want to stay away from places where a lot of new construction or 'flipping' is taking place.

In rural upstate NY, closer to the Canadian border, I have only seem one or two who appeared to be illegal. They stand out in a 99% white city. Apparently there had been a dozen or so working one of the local farms but they were picked up right away and shipped off by the Border Patrol.
What makes these worker "look as if they're illegal immigrants?"

 
Old 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
 
4,270 posts, read 7,885,000 times
Reputation: 1551
Pinkie, did you actually have bad experiences with illegal aliens (as in did one hit your car)? Did a company build a house for you and then cheat you? If NOT, why are you getting upset over second-hand information?

And, even then, think about why the illegals are here. They aren't legal because then the companies would have to pay them the same as legals. They aren't gone because then the companies would have no cheap labor. That brings me to the point, you will always have illegals as long as the companies want them.

If you really have to go away from any place illegal immigrants, go to some undeveloped or dying rural town. Yes, you will likely live like a pauper or see many of your new neighbors move out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie34 View Post
Hello, my family and I would like to move away from our city due to it's sancturay policies, number of illegal aliens, number of people that are dying here via hit and runs committed by them, watching our neighborhoods and strip malls go latino, and a host of other issues that we are just plain tired of dealing with. You can't even drive here without almost hitting a mexican, you can't shop without their children running all over the stores, you can't sleep without their loud music blaring all night long.

My family and I are fed up with this city. I've been researching various states and I understand illegal aliens have affected almost every metro in our union. I found information this morning identiyfing western PA, Wisconsin, Montana, parts of New England and the western Dakotas as having low illegal alien rates. Does anyone know of any others and how are things where you are?
 
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
198 posts, read 232,757 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Pinkie, did you actually have bad experiences with illegal aliens (as in did one hit your car)? Did a company build a house for you and then cheat you? If NOT, why are you getting upset over second-hand information?

And, even then, think about why the illegals are here. They aren't legal because then the companies would have to pay them the same as legals. They aren't gone because then the companies would have no cheap labor. That brings me to the point, you will always have illegals as long as the companies want them.

If you really have to go away from any place illegal immigrants, go to some undeveloped or dying rural town. Yes, you will likely live like a pauper or see many of your new neighbors move out.
Why does he have to move to a undeveloped or dying rural town? Just because he wants to raise his family in America? I'm willing to bet that you don't live in any of the areas that have been overrun by them. When they take over an area all bets are off they can move in next door to you and fit 20 or more in a house. They drive with no insurance and then there are the street gangs.

Lets get something straight illegal alien workers are no cheaper then the legal workers. Tax payers subsidize illegal aliens with things like welfare free health care and they don't have to pay taxes! Illegal aliens are not cheep labor they are government subsidized labor! There are a lot people that believe the whole Bush/Media conspiracy that they are making minimum wage or less this is simply not true at all many of the construction workers are making excellent money and there are many American workers that would love to have there jobs.
 
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
 
4,270 posts, read 7,885,000 times
Reputation: 1551
Listen, Dennis, think about this for a moment.

Illegal alien workers are cheaper... to the companies. If they were no cheaper to the companies, they would never be hired. Yet, they are cheaper to the companies.

Also, watch out where you get your sources about how much illegal immigrants use of social services.

For instance, Snopes partly debunks (and partly affirms or somewhat affirms) THIS chain mail: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Where Your Taxes Go

Also, most areas with illegal immigrants are easy to avoid. Yes, neighborhood patterns shift (people who move into older and cheaply-built suburbs can see them change overnight), but if you select the right area, you will not worry about illegal immigrants coming to the area.

I can understand why there is more heat towards illegal immigrants in Los Angeles, since the housing prices are crazy over there. In other words, people wishing to live in suburbs in LA (Simi Valley, parts of Orange County) may face ridiculous commutes. Yet, established neighborhoods in LA like Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, etc. see few illegal immigrants.

Also, most gang members (of any ethnicity) are US citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
Lets get something straight illegal alien workers are no cheaper then the legal workers. Tax payers subsidize illegal aliens with things like welfare free health care and they don't have to pay taxes! Illegal aliens are not cheep labor they are government subsidized labor! There are a lot people that believe the whole Bush/Media conspiracy that they are making minimum wage or less this is simply not true at all many of the construction workers are making excellent money and there are many American workers that would love to have there jobs.
 
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
198 posts, read 232,757 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Listen, Dennis, think about this for a moment.

Illegal alien workers are cheaper... to the companies. If they were no cheaper to the companies, they would never be hired. Yet, they are cheaper to the companies.

Also, watch out where you get your sources about how much illegal immigrants use of social services.

For instance, Snopes partly debunks (and partly affirms or somewhat affirms) THIS chain mail: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Where Your Taxes Go

Also, most areas with illegal immigrants are easy to avoid. Yes, neighborhood patterns shift (people who move into older and cheaply-built suburbs can see them change overnight), but if you select the right area, you will not worry about illegal immigrants coming to the area.

I can understand why there is more heat towards illegal immigrants in Los Angeles, since the housing prices are crazy over there. In other words, people wishing to live in suburbs in LA (Simi Valley, parts of Orange County) may face ridiculous commutes. Yet, established neighborhoods in LA like Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, etc. see few illegal immigrants.

Also, most gang members (of any ethnicity) are US citizens.
Well your right about illegal being cheaper for companies to hire I agree completely with that. They however are very expensive to you and I since we have to foot the bill. This is true for many low income workers though but unlike other low income workers many can't make a decent living through no fault of there own (For example they may have had a good job that an illegal alien stole from them). Illegal aliens break the law to come here and they make it easier for businesses to bring down wages.

The problem is the older cheaper suburbs are the only places where many people that are vital to a city can afford to live like fireman, teachers etc.. Here in the Capital Region the District has gotten SO Expensive except for the ghettos and they are still no place to have a family. The decent suburbs are way over priced as well and the only neighborhoods that are affordable and are not war zones have become third world enclave just within the last couple of years. People used to have the option of living far out and driving in but now gas is so expensive that your no father ahead, especially after you factor in the 4 hours a day you spend commuting. For young people like myself buying a house in established neighborhood here such as Georgetown or Bethesda is near impossible since homes there start at over $600,000. How can we get into markets like this when there are no starter homes to help us build equity? I doubt many people in my age group will ever will build enough equity for these kind of prices since we missed the real estate boom. I guess will have to wait about 10 years until the baby boomers start selling their houses to fund their retirements then they will be giving houses away.

DC has become so expensive that you are not aloud to become what you want to become or what you where meant to become you are forced to become what can make you the most money because it’s a struggle to survive here for most people. I would say just move but the sad part is DC is one of the few parts of the country where the economy is so hot that you actually have the opportunities to make your dreams come true. Unfortunately most often have to pass these dreams up, and really it doesn't have to be this way.

I think that DC has a lot of the same problems as LA but on a much smaller scale. My view of illegal aliens has become much more negative since I moved here. The DC metro area is a lot more expensive then the statistics suggest because for some reason they always factor in Baltimore in with Washington and Baltimore is really cheap, unfortnetly commuting from Baltimore is not an option for most people since many of the large employment centers are in Northern Virginia. I have heard many people say that DC was worst then LA because there are no affordable housing available here. According to the Washington Post only 15% of the housing meets the requirements to be considered affordable to the average person in the district.

In DC the major concern is MS-13 you don't here anything about other gangs. I'm sure that this is not the case everywhere but its defiantly a huge issue here.
 
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
634 posts, read 2,555,614 times
Reputation: 463
I wouldn't even bother trying to escape, unless it's to another planet. Even Idaho now has the NCLR and other Mestizo supremacy organizations getting a foothold.
 
Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM
 
155 posts, read 107,070 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Listen, Dennis, think about this for a moment.

Illegal alien workers are cheaper... to the companies. If they were no cheaper to the companies, they would never be hired. Yet, they are cheaper to the companies.

Also, watch out where you get your sources about how much illegal immigrants use of social services.

For instance, Snopes partly debunks (and partly affirms or somewhat affirms) THIS chain mail: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Where Your Taxes Go

Also, most areas with illegal immigrants are easy to avoid. Yes, neighborhood patterns shift (people who move into older and cheaply-built suburbs can see them change overnight), but if you select the right area, you will not worry about illegal immigrants coming to the area.

I can understand why there is more heat towards illegal immigrants in Los Angeles, since the housing prices are crazy over there. In other words, people wishing to live in suburbs in LA (Simi Valley, parts of Orange County) may face ridiculous commutes. Yet, established neighborhoods in LA like Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, etc. see few illegal immigrants.

Also, most gang members (of any ethnicity) are US citizens.
Snopes can say what they want but some of us who happen to live in towns that have been taken over by illegals and those that love them can attest that illegals do indeed collect welfare and other freebies that they are not supposed to be allowed to collect. How you say? Because they have their anchor children and then they have the anchor to stay here and because the child, who was not particularly born out of love, is allowed to be taken care for 18 years and that parent is allowed to stay, though not particularly legal, to take care of said anchor they poppped out. The ruin whatever town they move into en mass and that is a fact and no matter who youy try to sweeten it, they are nothing but burdens on the taxpaying people of the country and they do in fact want to take over the country.

Concerning the gang members...the majority of the gang members that are citizens of the country happen to be anchor children that should not even have been born here. Plus, you might want to look at this site before you state such frivilous statements when it comes to gang members.

NYGC | Demographics—National Youth Gang Survey Analysis

Also, I don't think you seriously took into account about the MS-13 gang, which happens to be almost all illegal aliens here to do nothing but as much damage as they possibly can.

Illegals are not that easy to stay away from either, another misconception by you. They are everywhere in this country and they are most certainly in the smaller towns of the country. You will find the biggest majority of the illegals in many states live in the rural areas and work there. You really need to read up and do some real research, and not what the liberal pro-illegal websites say either, before you make the statements you make about illegals because you have proven that you know very little about the problem facing this country.
 
Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
 
155 posts, read 107,070 times
Reputation: 83
Here are some places to visit to learn more about where illegals reside and things associated with them. Thiese are older but give a good idea. Understand that they are coming into this country en mass an d are spreading out throughout the whole country.

Interactive Map: A Nation of Illegal Immigrants

NumbersUSA (http://www.numbersusa.com/index - broken link)

FAIR: : Welcome to FAIR!
 
Old 08-22-2007, 12:05 PM
 
273 posts, read 178,299 times
Reputation: 101
Fight Back Now!!!

Fight Back Today!!!

Fight Back Like Your Life Depends On It!!!

It Does Depend On It!!!
 
Old 08-22-2007, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
They are every where - There is no escaping them. You might find a nice area, but it will only be temporary. Then you will see the influx arrive and they will come by the thousands.........

I know many towns in NY about an hour or so from NYC that are ridden with them. They destroyed this one town with their filth and it was once a beautiful town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top