U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:52 AM

1,643 posts, read 3,643,161 times

Advertisements

Back in the day they stayed in agricultural areas. But now they have branched out and taken over most of the service jobs as well as construction jobs, they are everywhere. The excuse that liberals used to say was " they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do". Sure! That is why for over 3 months in La Jolla California I watched an entire condo complex (over looking the ocean) being painted by Mexicans. Also, that is why I have watched an entire shopping center being built by Mexicans. Recently I saw a McDonalds being built. From clearing the lot to hanging the signs, it was all Mexicans working. Guess what? Now that it is open, all the workers are Mexicans too. I pass it everyday and never saw a Black or White person working.

So tell me these are jobs that Americans don't want???

I recently had a pizza delivered to me by an Asian man in his 40's. He was a engineer who got laid off from IBM. I am willing to bet that man would gladly be painting for $14 per hr cash instead of delivering pizza's for $4 per hr and tips.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Back in the day they stayed in agricultural areas. But now they have branched out and taken over most of the service jobs as well as construction jobs, they are everywhere. The excuse that liberals used to say was " they do the jobs that Americans don't want to do". Sure! That is why for over 3 months in La Jolla California I watched an entire condo complex (over looking the ocean) being painted by Mexicans. Also, that is why I have watched an entire shopping center being built by Mexicans. Recently I saw a McDonalds being built. From clearing the lot to hanging the signs, it was all Mexicans working. Guess what? Now that it is open, all the workers are Mexicans too. I pass it everyday and never saw a Black or White person working.

I recently had a pizza delivered to me by an Asian man in his 40's. He was a engineer who got laid off from IBM. I am willing to bet that man would gladly be painting for $14 per hr cash instead of delivering pizza's for $4 per hr and tips.
I've seen alot of this in Central and NorCal as well..

Old 05-15-2009, 02:58 PM

259 posts, read 852,582 times
Quote:

Yes indeed! It seems like they do the Jobs Rich Liberals themselves do not want to do! By cutting the prevailing wages rich liberals have to pay us hard working Americans!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
From what I have seen There are barely any in Western PA or Western New York. There are also very few in Maine, Northern New Hampshire and Western Mass. I didn't see many in South West Virginia or even Norfolk/virginia Beach. Stay out of Northern Virginia I feel like I'm not even in the USA anymore here. Look where the population is mostly transplants. The more transplants the more illegals will live there.

FYI - Some areas that have significant illegal populations are moving to get rid off them so you might not want to jump the gun and move just yet. Look at Prince William County VA, I can tell you that that area is full of illegals and they just past one of the the most toughest illegal alien laws in the country.
Wrrrrong Indeed!!! There are plenty in Western New York! Go to the inner cities like Buffalo , Rochester and the Smaller places like Jamestown, Dunkirk and all the Rural trailer parks!! You will see lots of illegals!

As far as Maine goes look at how the immigrants illegal or legal have augmented crime rates in Lewiston and Portland!

http://refugeeresettlementwatch.word...led-by-police/

Last edited by Dee62; 05-15-2009 at 03:23 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
Yes indeed! It seems like they do the Jobs Rich Liberals themselves do not want to do! By cutting the prevailing wages rich liberals have to pay us hard working Americans!
Add rich conservatives as well...........

Old 05-15-2009, 05:34 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:

Sounds exactly like Northern VA.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM

65 posts, read 19,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie34 View Post
Hello, my family and I would like to move away from our city due to it's sancturay policies, number of illegal aliens, number of people that are dying here via hit and runs committed by them, watching our neighborhoods and strip malls go latino, and a host of other issues that we are just plain tired of dealing with. You can't even drive here without almost hitting a mexican, you can't shop without their children running all over the stores, you can't sleep without their loud music blaring all night long.

My family and I are fed up with this city. I've been researching various states and I understand illegal aliens have affected almost every metro in our union. I found information this morning identiyfing western PA, Wisconsin, Montana, parts of New England and the western Dakotas as having low illegal alien rates. Does anyone know of any others and how are things where you are?
Yeah, how about you emigrate to the dark side of the moon?
In the age of the global village, that's pretty much the only place where you can savor your white picket fence ideal surreality.

I for one love Latino townships, enjoy working with Indian colleagues and the one eternally redeeming quality of America is its racial & ethnic diversity.

People like you spoil this wonderful country for everyone else, so please, please give NASA a call.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
North/South Dakota is a safe bet. Montana and Wyoming have little to no illegal immigrants. However, Wyoming might be a little too remote for you if you're coming from the 'city'. Seriously the towns are few and far between. Here in Oklahoma the new immigration law has scared the ones that we had off, not that it was much of a problem to begin with, so I would definatley add OK to the list. Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa also, but be careful in Kansas in towns with meat packing plants (Dodge City & Liberal), but other than that it's a great state to raise a family. The following are areas of the U.S. I am familiar with so I will leave it there, I'm sure there are more. Waiting for someone to call us racists for this post. It's coming.
I don't know what part of OK. you are in, but, HB-1804 sure didn't scare them here in OKC. The place is crawling with illegals, drugs and Mexican stores where they can't speak one damn word of english. I don't much care if they call me racist or not, I just wish they would go the hell back to Mexico. Hit and runs are almost the norm now. They even have a bus that goes to El Paso every weekend. Gang tags are all over buildings on the South Side, its like little Mexico. If you come to OK be sure to bring a big dog, handgun and a spanish dictionary.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joghurta View Post
Yeah, how about you emigrate to the dark side of the moon?
In the age of the global village, that's pretty much the only place where you can savor your white picket fence ideal surreality.

I for one love Latino townships, enjoy working with Indian colleagues and the one eternally redeeming quality of America is its racial & ethnic diversity.

People like you spoil this wonderful country for everyone else, so please, please give NASA a call.
I for one happen to like WASP* culture----------and, I am maybe 1/2 English lineage at most.

*anymore a 'WASP' can be of any race/ethnicity------------it is a cultural label

Face it: us Americans are sick and tired of low class ghetto 'culture'----------and, illegal aliens are a huge part of it------------insolent criminal losers.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
You would be very surprised, but there are not very many in Broward County, Florida. Seriously, I can't even believe it sometimes. We have tons of Hispanics (And other groups), but everyone has their papers (and many of them are college grads). You don't even see them mowing lawns or working restaurant kitchens.Seriously, everywhere I have been, this is the only place I don't seem them working in the kitchens. Beware, this comes with a pricetag, and Miami is one county south, which is one of the illegal immigration capital of the U.S.
Well now!!! Hardy har har har!!!!!!

Dee62
Quote:
Anchor babies! You got to realize that most Legals are the Children of illegals also.

So illegals are everywhere!

Lets revoke the Citizenship of 90% percent of Broward county and Send them back too!!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4084937AAfSWqX

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?...ox&Form=IE8SRC

Last edited by Dee62; 05-16-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or