Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 9,921 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I would like to move away from our city due to it's sancturay policies, number of illegal aliens, number of people that are dying here via hit and runs committed by them, watching our neighborhoods and strip malls go latino, and a host of other issues that we are just plain tired of dealing with. You can't even drive here without almost hitting a mexican, you can't shop without their children running all over the stores, you can't sleep without their loud music blaring all night long.

My family and I are fed up with this city. I've been researching various states and I understand illegal aliens have affected almost every metro in our union. I found information this morning identiyfing western PA, Wisconsin, Montana, parts of New England and the western Dakotas as having low illegal alien rates. Does anyone know of any others and how are things where you are?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
You know I've noticed something when I watch those 'house flipping' and home improvement shows on tv. If you pay close attention, though they don't pan the camera in that direction, it would appear to me that many of the workers look as if they're illegal immigrants. It's not only large corporations who are hiring them, it's individuals who are making a profit on their labor. You might want to stay away from places where a lot of new construction or 'flipping' is taking place.

In rural upstate NY, closer to the Canadian border, I have only seem one or two who appeared to be illegal. They stand out in a 99% white city. Apparently there had been a dozen or so working one of the local farms but they were picked up right away and shipped off by the Border Patrol.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
You know I've noticed something when I watch those 'house flipping' and home improvement shows on tv. If you pay close attention, though they don't pan the camera in that direction, it would appear to me that many of the workers look as if they're illegal immigrants. It's not only large corporations who are hiring them, it's individuals who are making a profit on their labor. You might want to stay away from places where a lot of new construction or 'flipping' is taking place.

In rural upstate NY, closer to the Canadian border, I have only seem one or two who appeared to be illegal. They stand out in a 99% white city. Apparently there had been a dozen or so working one of the local farms but they were picked up right away and shipped off by the Border Patrol.
Yes, the farmers in upstate New York have every right to ship those rascals to the border and hustle them on their way...darn Canadians!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie34 View Post
Hello, my family and I would like to move away from our city due to it's sancturay policies, number of illegal aliens, number of people that are dying here via hit and runs committed by them, watching our neighborhoods and strip malls go latino, and a host of other issues that we are just plain tired of dealing with. You can't even drive here without almost hitting a mexican, you can't shop without their children running all over the stores, you can't sleep without their loud music blaring all night long.

My family and I are fed up with this city. I've been researching various states and I understand illegal aliens have affected almost every metro in our union. I found information this morning identiyfing western PA, Wisconsin, Montana, parts of New England and the western Dakotas as having low illegal alien rates. Does anyone know of any others and how are things where you are?
You would be very surprised, but there are not very many in Broward County, Florida. Seriously, I can't even believe it sometimes. We have tons of Hispanics (And other groups), but everyone has their papers (and many of them are college grads). You don't even see them mowing lawns or working restaurant kitchens.Seriously, everywhere I have been, this is the only place I don't seem them working in the kitchens. Beware, this comes with a pricetag, and Miami is one county south, which is one of the illegal immigration capital of the U.S.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 PM

194 posts, read 281,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie34 View Post

From what I have seen There are barely any in Western PA or Western New York. There are also very few in Maine, Northern New Hampshire and Western Mass. I didn't see many in South West Virginia or even Norfolk/virginia Beach. Stay out of Northern Virginia I feel like I'm not even in the USA anymore here. Look where the population is mostly transplants. The more transplants the more illegals will live there.

FYI - Some areas that have significant illegal populations are moving to get rid off them so you might not want to jump the gun and move just yet. Look at Prince William County VA, I can tell you that that area is full of illegals and they just past one of the the most toughest illegal alien laws in the country.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Eventually they will just invade everywhere. I"ve said it before. I'm in an area where It's not a problem as of now. Where I moved from it was bad and I mean bad -

Why should we, As American Citizens have to run and move away because of the invasion? It's our country, right? It's horrible that people are doing this, myself included....

Oh and Parts of NY have tons of them. I know for a fact - Connecticut is bad as well.

I lived in a town called Manassas VA about 8 or so years ago - Tons there, tons and i'm sure it only got worse.

I hear WV isn't bad, as I'm not too far from there.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 PM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,815 times
North/South Dakota is a safe bet. Montana and Wyoming have little to no illegal immigrants. However, Wyoming might be a little too remote for you if you're coming from the 'city'. Seriously the towns are few and far between. Here in Oklahoma the new immigration law has scared the ones that we had off, not that it was much of a problem to begin with, so I would definatley add OK to the list. Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa also, but be careful in Kansas in towns with meat packing plants (Dodge City & Liberal), but other than that it's a great state to raise a family. The following are areas of the U.S. I am familiar with so I will leave it there, I'm sure there are more. Waiting for someone to call us racists for this post. It's coming.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,900,436 times
Upstate New York and downstate Illinois have a substantial number of such workers.

I highly recommend the states you mentioned, as well as Michigan and Ohio. Areas with high economic growth or wealth attract migrants, but the Upper Midwest outside of Illinois does not meet the classification.

Happy hunting!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 9,921 times
Thank you for your excellent insights and advice as we make this very difficult decision. We really appreciate it.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
From what I have seen There are barely any in Western PA or Western New York. There are also very few in Maine, Northern New Hampshire and Western Mass. I didn't see many in South West Virginia or even Norfolk/virginia Beach. Stay out of Northern Virginia I feel like I'm not even in the USA anymore here. Look where the population is mostly transplants. The more transplants the more illegals will live there.

FYI - Some areas that have significant illegal populations are moving to get rid off them so you might not want to jump the gun and move just yet. Look at Prince William County VA, I can tell you that that area is full of illegals and they just past one of the the most toughest illegal alien laws in the country.
I'm with nsgjdennis on VA. Don't even think about NoVA if you straight up can't tolerate illegals. I never saw many when i lived in Hampton (right across the bridge from Norfolk/VA Beach). SW VA is also a safe bet. I don't know about Richmond but i would say with 40% certainity that it don't have an illegal problem. Hope more areas follow PW county's example and pass the hard laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.