Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just another thread about the incompetence of government.

When will we learn?

Why do those on the left insist that government knows best?

Why does the left insist on giving the government more power?
I can relate to your frustration, but to solely blame the left is short-sighted. Conservatives have had plenty of chances to solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 01:49 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can relate to your frustration, but to solely blame the left is short-sighted. Conservatives have had plenty of chances to solve the problem.
When will people open their eyes and see that both parties are equally responsible for illegal immigration? I guess party allegiance is more important than truth.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Chris Matthews is one of the few american news anchor guys that I actually like. He's usually spot on in my opinion.

and face it, most of your illegal immigrants form the backbone of the US. they are the ones that do all the dirty work the average american is too lazy to do. most illegals are upstanding people, don't let the right fool you into thinking immigrants are responsible for your misery.
It is totally false that there are many jobs that Americans won't do and are lazy. I am so sick of these lies and propaganda being spread and you are doing it again in here.

Where are your stats that most illegals are upstanding people? You call I.D. theft, tax evasion, lying and crossing our border illegally, upstanding? We don't need the right or the left telling us that illegal aliens, NOT IMMIGRANTS are responsible for some of our misery. There are plenty of viable stats and common sense that will tell you that.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
I think that the idea of blanket amnesty is the lazy way out for all of our politicians and lawmakers. The responsible and intelligent approach to illegal immigration is to actually figure out what is really going on in relation to illegal immigrants and to work off of that, which would make it obvious that amnesty is not the solution. It is very sad that some of our agency workers and people in decision-making, policy-writing positions are so lacking intellect that they can't have a vision for correcting illegal immigration. It is almost as if some of them have ADHD and just can't stand the thought of having to focus on this issue and figure it out. They want to do blanket amnesty because that is what you do when you want to cover up something: you sweep it under the rug (blanket) so that it is OUT-OF-SIGHT-OUT-OF-MIND. Out of sight out of mind is going to be disastrous for the nation and our budgets. Illegal immigration has become a complex issue because our government allowed it to get so large and now they just want to ignore it or propose things that will sweep it under the rug.

Chris Matthews is truly an idiot on this. He talks about what is "fair," yet, talks about giving amnesty to illegal immigrants. Is that fair to legal residents? He even has this weird view that people simply are letting illegal immigration go on because they "like to argue about it." Are you serious? LOL He just sits there with a big mouth, emotion and talks about something that he appears to be very lackadaisical about.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I think that the idea of blanket amnesty is the lazy way out for all of our politicians and lawmakers. The responsible and intelligent approach to illegal immigration is to actually figure out what is really going on in relation to illegal immigrants and to work off of that, which would make it obvious that amnesty is not the solution. It is very sad that some of our agency workers and people in decision-making, policy-writing positions are so lacking intellect that they can't have a vision for correcting illegal immigration. It is almost as if some of them have ADHD and just can't stand the thought of having to focus on this issue and figure it out. They want to do blanket amnesty because that is what you do when you want to cover up something: you sweep it under the rug (blanket) so that it is OUT-OF-SIGHT-OUT-OF-MIND. Out of sight out of mind is going to be disastrous for the nation and our budgets. Illegal immigration has become a complex issue because our government allowed it to get so large and now they just want to ignore it or propose things that will sweep it under the rug.

Chris Matthews is truly an idiot on this. He talks about what is "fair," yet, talks about giving amnesty to illegal immigrants. Is that fair to legal residents? He even has this weird view that people simply are letting illegal immigration go on because they "like to argue about it." Are you serious? LOL He just sits there with a big mouth, emotion and talks about something that he appears to be very lackadaisical about.
Excellent summation of why our politicians refuse to do the right thing about this illegal immigration mess for the American people.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excellent summation of why our politicians refuse to do the right thing about this illegal immigration mess for the American people.
Thanks, that's what it seems like. I always felt like people in office aren't capable of staying focused on an issue enough to give it the time and effort it needs to be address right. I mean, what happens when you have a politician that has no vision or no intellectual ability? I'm not saying politicians have to be Einsteins, but it takes an ability to see things far into the future and to be able to address complex issues to be a politician and lawmaker. You can't have a bunch of dummies in office basically and when you look at some of the people that we have in Congress and at the state levels, are they really capable of leading the path to a solution on this? I'm NOT trying to talk down on them either as if I am the highest of intellect, I'm just saying that something like illegal immigration is touching so many issues and areas of government, society, budget and even crime that you have to have an ability to see all of those things. They have people working for them, aides, they also have different agencies in the federal government that can give them data and information, but even after all of that, a lawmaker, politician, has to be mentally able to compile all of their findings into their mind to make SMART decisions on illegal immigration for the "American" people. Do we have anyone that can do that? Do they have the mental patience to address it the right way? Or even the time? Do they have a committee that focuses completely on coming up with a solution to illegal immigration? If not, shouldn't there be if others can't handle it?

Illegal immigration has touched a lot of different areas in our government. It's the government's fault though and now they should have it their responsibility to deal with it.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that's what it seems like. I always felt like people in office aren't capable of staying focused on an issue enough to give it the time and effort it needs to be address right. I mean, what happens when you have a politician that has no vision or no intellectual ability? I'm not saying politicians have to be Einsteins, but it takes an ability to see things far into the future and to be able to address complex issues to be a politician and lawmaker. You can't have a bunch of dummies in office basically and when you look at some of the people that we have in Congress and at the state levels, are they really capable of leading the path to a solution on this? I'm NOT trying to talk down on them either as if I am the highest of intellect, I'm just saying that something like illegal immigration is touching so many issues and areas of government, society, budget and even crime that you have to have an ability to see all of those things. They have people working for them, aides, they also have different agencies in the federal government that can give them data and information, but even after all of that, a lawmaker, politician, has to be mentally able to compile all of their findings into their mind to make SMART decisions on illegal immigration for the "American" people. Do we have anyone that can do that? Do they have the mental patience to address it the right way? Or even the time? Do they have a committee that focuses completely on coming up with a solution to illegal immigration? If not, shouldn't there be if others can't handle it?

Illegal immigration has touched a lot of different areas in our government. It's the government's fault though and now they should have it their responsibility to deal with it.
That is what our politians need to do. They need to sit down and weigh all the pro's and con's of granting another amnesty with all the expert research they can get their hands on and make a decision that is based on the welfare of the American people only.

As you said though they would rather take the easy way out and grant a blanket amnesty and shove it back under the rug till it rears its ugly head once again in a few years. Some are swayed by advocacy groups and votes though and that is what is more influencing to them rather than just considering what is best for Americans today and tomorrow.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Quote:
I think that the idea of blanket amnesty is the lazy way out for all of our politicians and lawmakers. The responsible and intelligent approach to illegal immigration is to actually figure out what is really going on in relation to illegal immigrants and to work off of that, which would make it obvious that amnesty is not the solution.
It is very sad that some of our agency workers and people in decision-making, policy-writing positions are so lacking intellect that they can't have a vision for correcting illegal immigration. It is almost as if some of them have ADHD and just can't stand the thought of having to focus on this issue and figure it out. They want to do blanket amnesty because that is what you do when you want to cover up something: you sweep it under the rug (blanket) so that it is OUT-OF-SIGHT-OUT-OF-MIND. Out of sight out of mind is going to be disastrous for the nation and our budgets. Illegal immigration has become a complex issue because our government allowed it to get so large and now they just want to ignore it or propose things that will sweep it under the rug.

These days, computers do all the thinking for them.
So they'll never be able to make a intellectual decision on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration