Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Pew also stated that the data collection methods changed around that time too so it could be rough to guestimate. I love the way the gov't collects data, Pew makes guesstimates based on that data, gov't changes their process, Pew continues to make guesstimates, yet they all admit we really have no idea as to how many are here.
Ahhh so you agree you guys run this entire illegal thing based on nothing?

I have always suspected it but I am surprised that you agree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Everybody please calm down and stop getting personal, or the thread will be closed.
Yac.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:51 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, according to many "legal" Hispanics being asked for their DL or green card during a lawful traffic stop is "harrassing" them. Of course we know what their real motive is and that is to protect their illegal brethern.
How is it harassing?

If we go to their country we are required to have our papers with us.

Its nothing more than an excuse to enforce a sanctuary policy.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:59 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Facts are stupid? There is no racial profiling in the enforcement of our immigration laws, therefore it is a lie on the part of those legal Hispanics that say they are being harrassed.

Keep your race card in your wallet. Me pointing out facts is not racist. I never lumped Hispanics all in one catagory as in the usage of the word "many" and not "all. Some do put our laws above their ethnic kind but far too many do not. I have no problem with legal Hispanics who put the laws of this country above their ethnicity and expect our immigration laws to be enforced against their own and anyone else here in our country illegally.
My point is if they want to be in this country, they should abide by our laws. Even legal hispanics.

Americans are forced to abide by laws everyday.

Legal Hispanics should noticeably tell illegal Hispanics to stop breaking the law.

Why should we compromise our laws and system of immigration? Thats why I am fed up. They have more weight in our government that the American people

Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
If they left the US. I would think very few did. From either NV or AZ. They went where there was work.

It is quite clear that the economy has vastly lowered the inflow..

Pew suggest the Annual inflow of illegals is down to 300,000 from 850,000 at mid decade.

However Pew believes the Mexican illegal population peaked in 2007 and remains at about that level.

So the Mexicans are not going home in any numbers.

I've seen too many interviews and other stats to believe that.

Illegal-Immigrant Population in U.S. Fell, Study Says - Bloomberg

Illegal Immigrants Returning to Mexico in Record Numbers - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Not only that, the locals are mad they are coming back.

Mexican Officials complain about Mexicans returning to Mexico. - [domain blocked due to spam]

self deportation whether economy or enforcement or both.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Ahhh so you agree you guys run this entire illegal thing based on nothing?

I have always suspected it but I am surprised that you agree...

Nope, I'm stating the opposite.

The government changes the conditions of the data collection to serve the needs of their agenda. How many fell for the "jobs saved"?

If you look back through the threads on CD there was a lot of anger already around the time they changed their data collection methods. With the economy tanking we sure wouldn't want people thinking there are still that many coming here would we?

With the states finally getting on the band wagon it would suggest we are seeing an influx in parts of the country that hadn't been blighted in the past. There isn't a lot to suggest that the invasion has slowed down much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration