Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times

Advertisements

It seems it's "okay" by the illegals for the American taxpayer to fund the education of their children, but god forfend anyone should try to collect any actual data or measure of the true costs of same.

It WOULD be nice if we had some idea how much it's costing this country to educate the illegal children of illegals.

Be warned the article is high on hystrionics. Oh, and as usual they're only concerned with the LATINO children.

Texas GOP Proposes Witchhunt of Undocumented K-12 Students | Immigrant Rights | Change.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 12:19 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
This is another illegal alien advocate sprouting untruths, fear and lots of BS.

Quote:
Riddle and friends may be hoping to create a climate of fear in Texas schools such that parents pull their children out of schools when administrators come around asking for their papers.
Funny isn't it? All of my children have gone through K-12 in Texas schools and I had to show "papers" proving who I was and my address to verify that I lived in the district the school was in. But illegal aliens shouldn't have to prove anything....

Here's a dumb statement:
Quote:
hire the same children as their maid and gardeners. See if you don't have papers, you cannot go to school. But you can always work as a maid, cook or gardener.
So we hire kids as our cooks, maids and gardeners MMMMM a puffy beef taco made by an 8 year old...

This statement shows the author is talking out their a**:
Quote:
Immigration reform is critical. But the job of a school is to educate and not adjudicate such matters.
Last time I looked at the definition of adjudicate it meant:

Make a formal judgment or decision about a problem or disputed matter

What formal judgment is being made by the school?

I guess this type of article is to be expected from a dream activist on the board of "Immigration Equality" and going to college... 10 to 1 says the author is on a scholarship provided by the American government too...

Last edited by plwhit; 01-13-2011 at 12:28 AM..

Old 01-13-2011, 10:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
There is absolutely no legitimate argument against maintaining data on public school expenditures for non-citizen children, legal or illegal. If the Census Bureau can classify non-citizens, why can’t the Board of Education? Aren’t taxpayers entitled to know how funds are appropriated? After all, it’s our hard-earned money.

The government maintains a database on other expenditures, why not this? Of course then we would know the true magnitude of illegal immigration, and the powers-that-be can’t have that. Even by the most conservative estimates, it’s costing us BILLIONS annually, and is a major factor contributing to school budget deficits nationwide. This is absolute insanity, and no other country would tolerate such abuse.

Where in the Constitution does it state that U.S. taxpayers have an obligation to fund the education of non-citizens, particularly, illegal non-citizens? Plyler v. Doe only mandates equal access to a public school education for illegal alien children. It does not require taxpayers to foot the bill. If illegal aliens want a U.S. education for their children, they should be required to pay. If they can send billions annually to their countries of origin, they should also have the wherewithal to fund their children’s education.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Funny isn't it? All of my children have gone through K-12 in Texas schools and I had to show "papers" proving who I was and my address to verify that I lived in the district the school was in. But illegal aliens shouldn't have to prove anything....
Yeah, I had to go through the whole thing to enrol my daughter after we moved here as legal migrants from Australia. Including passports with the AR stamp etc and yet we hear over and over how schools aren't "allowed" to ask immigration status. It's total BS.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It seems it's "okay" by the illegals for the American taxpayer to fund the education of their children, but god forfend anyone should try to collect any actual data or measure of the true costs of same.

It WOULD be nice if we had some idea how much it's costing this country to educate the illegal children of illegals.

Be warned the article is high on hystrionics. Oh, and as usual they're only concerned with the LATINO children.

Texas GOP Proposes Witchhunt of Undocumented K-12 Students | Immigrant Rights | Change.org
in fact...the study would find out how many illegal children there are in Texas, not the Country. I would be up to each state to do like-wise to find that number. Regardless of the number of illegal children in Texas schools...The Supreme Court of the US has ruled that...All children will recieve a public education regardless of immigration status.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
in fact...the study would find out how many illegal children there are in Texas, not the Country. I would be up to each state to do like-wise to find that number. Regardless of the number of illegal children in Texas schools...The Supreme Court of the US has ruled that...All children will recieve a public education regardless of immigration status.
And if Texas and other states did a true study of what it is costing them to educate the children of illegal aliens and presented to the Supreme Court that ruling could be reversed.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
If their not going to cooperate, why should we.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
There are roughly 224,000 children of illegal aliens in Texas schools K-12.

The cost? 1.7 Billion dollars..

Of that Texas pays 932 Million dollars..

Undocumented Immigrants in Texas

Illegal aliens cost the Texas hospitals 1.3 Billion dollars.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...althcare_N.htm

The illegals are bankrupting this state.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If we have an accounting of their costs, how will that deny them an education? Furthermore, the law does not mandate a tax-funded education for illegal alien children. It simply requires equal access to our public schools.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
There are roughly 224,000 children of illegal aliens in Texas schools K-12.

The cost? 1.7 Billion dollars..

Of that Texas pays 932 Million dollars..

Undocumented Immigrants in Texas

Illegal aliens cost the Texas hospitals 1.3 Billion dollars.

Rising health care costs put focus on illegal immigrants - USATODAY.com

The illegals are bankrupting this state.
This is beyond sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration