Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Just anther anti-religion bigot making claims. But it really has nothig to do wtih the dream act which isn't goig to happen IMO. But wanrting something for nothing is pretty comon now day ;its just the fact that we are seeig a move in a different drict caused by realities coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 06:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Maybe they should revoult in Egypt, see what happens to them there for putting the Country down for not getting their spoiled ways.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 AM

764 posts, read 597,193 times
I think giving them citizenship for joining the army is a good idea...

Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
I think giving them citizenship for joining the army is a good idea...
I don't. First off we have no shortage of American enlistees and in fact I have read that there is a waiting period now. These "immigrants" would only be joining for self-serving reasons. Many if not most would not be joining because they have some deep love or allegience to our country.

As the rules stand now one cannot join our military if they are illegally in our country and I believe it should stay that way.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-01-2011 at 07:15 AM..

Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't. First off we have no shortage of American enlistees and in fact I have read that there is a waiting period now. These "immigrants" would only be joining for self-serving reasons. Many if not most would not be joining because they have some deep love or allegience to our country.

As the rules stand now one cannot join our military if they are illegally in our country and I believe it should stay that way.
We can use them as cannon fodder and avoid the use of American kids. It's a win win. That's why France still has the Foreign Legion ... so French kids don't have to die in some ****hole.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:02 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
There is a linkback to the DREAMIE portal to this thread. Beautiful.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is a linkback to the DREAMIE portal to this thread. Beautiful.
Good. Maybe theyll get the hint its time to go BACK to Mexico.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Here's my response to the "Dream Act" kids --

Congratulations - you won the lottery. Instead of being educated in crappy schools in Mexico, you got an American education for free! Bully for you! I'm proud of you for making it through.

NOW - please take all of your friends and go back to Mexico and FIX IT. Mexico needs you badly! Take those ideas of freedom, free speech, democracy, and hard work - and go back and inspire all your amigos and family members in Mexico to finally just say NO to feudalism and corruption in your home country. IMHO YOU are the answer to what Mexico needs.

Take that anger and channel it for good. Take that frustration and use it to energize yourselves to fight --- NOT to fight the US or our system, but fight the Mexico system that made your parents flee the country in fear in the first place.

Who knows? This may be the grand plan after all. That you came here 20 years ago as an infant, and now you are ready to defend your real country - Mexico.

Lord knows the poor people of your country can use your knowledge and your energy. They need you to go and save them so they don't have to cross a border to find a better life!

Think about it. How insulting is all of this to Mexico?
What an embarrassment to the Mexican government?
People are FLEEING the country!!!
Do you Get it?
They are running away from Mexico... not running TO the US!
What does that tell you about the entire Mexican infrastructure?
It needs fixing. Period.

Dream Actors -- Don't waste your energy on fruitless fights with the US government. Focus it where it will do the most good. Mexico has more untapped natural resources and wealth than the US. Gather your people and fight for it. Overthrow the cartels, and man up! Your country is calling.

Imagine if 5 million 20-somethings descended on Mexico and decided they were going to close down the drug cartels and smugglers. Decided they were going to demand accountability from the police and government officials. Demanded that the people of Mexico be treated like human beings.... Imagine! Talk about CHANGE!

If anyone on this board knows of someone in this dream act situation -- please pass this message on to them. Personally, I believe they have what it takes to turn Mexico around. And that would not only solve their dilemma, it would and could solve the border problem OVERNIGHT.

God Bless America - all of it.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post

Congratulations - you won the lottery. Instead of being educated in crappy schools in Mexico, you got an American education for free! Bully for you! I'm proud of you for making it through.

NOW - please take all of your friends and go back to Mexico and FIX IT. Mexico needs you badly! Take those ideas of freedom, free speech, democracy, and hard work - and go back and inspire all your amigos and family members in Mexico to finally just say NO to feudalism and corruption in your home country. IMHO YOU are the answer to what Mexico needs.

Take that anger and channel it for good. Take that frustration and use it to energize yourselves to fight --- NOT to fight the US or our system, but fight the Mexico system that made your parents flee the country in fear in the first place.

Who knows? This may be the grand plan after all. That you came here 20 years ago as an infant, and now you are ready to defend your real country - Mexico.

Lord knows the poor people of your country can use your knowledge and your energy. They need you to go and save them so they don't have to cross a border to find a better life!

Do you Get it?
It needs fixing. Period.

Dream Actors -- Don't waste your energy on fruitless fights with the US government. Focus it where it will do the most good. Mexico has more untapped natural resources and wealth than the US. Gather your people and fight for it. Overthrow the cartels, and man up! Your country is calling.

Imagine if 5 million 20-somethings descended on Mexico and decided they were going to close down the drug cartels and smugglers. Decided they were going to demand accountability from the police and government officials. Demanded that the people of Mexico be treated like human beings.... Imagine! Talk about CHANGE!

If anyone on this board knows of someone in this dream act situation -- please pass this message on to them. Personally, I believe they have what it takes to turn Mexico around. And that would not only solve their dilemma, it would and could solve the border problem OVERNIGHT.

You make excelent points...but can I ask? If your addressing your post to illegal alien youth, whom-I suppose-have been in America most of their youth; then what allegiance would they have to their native countries[which ever country is their home country]?

Seems to me, that whole point of the Dream act legislation[no matter your opinion of the legislation] is to provide a pathway to citizenship for illegal alien youth that have assimilated to an American culture and only know America as their home.

You may argue the act is wrong, and that they should go back to which ever is their native country...but not realizing that all they know is America and somehow should have this allegiance to a land that they barely know, or know only from news reports, is a little odd[disconnected]...don't you think?

Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post

Do you Get it?
It needs fixing. Period.

Excellent post! If these same words were posted in the Dream Act forum they would be deleted faster than you could write them. They aren't interested in helping their own homelands and their own people. So sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration