Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 487,631 times

Advertisements

I was just waiting for this bombshell to drop. Notice ol' Michael Chertoff (Secretary of the Department of Homeland In-Security) is quiet as a mouse about this one. Don't hold your breathe for El Presidente to give a news conference about this one either.

This truly makes a mockery out of our Department of Defense, Homeland Security, as well as the White House. They preach to us about securing the Middle East to prevent terrorism at home while they are all too happy to let our open borders go unchecked and allow thousands of Iraqi's pouring into our country illegaly.

LINK: The Blotter: FBI: Iraqis Being Smuggled Across the Rio Grande

FBI: Iraqis Being Smuggled Across the Rio Grande

The FBI is investigating an alleged human smuggling operation based in Chaparral, N.M., that agents say is bringing "Iraqis and other Middle Eastern" individuals across the Rio Grande from Mexico.

An FBI intelligence report distributed by the Washington, D.C. Joint Terrorism Task Force, obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com, says the illegal ring has been bringing Iraqis across the border illegally for more than a year.

Border Patrol officials in the area said they were unaware of the specifics of the FBI's report, and federal prosecutors in New Mexico told ABCNews.com they had no current cases involving the illegal smuggling of Iraqis.

The FBI report, issued last week, says the smuggling organization "used to smuggle Mexicans, but decided to smuggle Iraqi or other Middle Eastern individuals because it was more lucrative." Each individual would be charged a fee of $20,000 to $25,000, according to the report.

The people to be smuggled would "gather at a house on the Mexican side of the border" and then cross the Rio Grande into the U.S., the report says.

"Unidentified individuals would then transport them to train stations in El Paso, Texas or Belen, New Mexico," according to the FBI document.

A spokesman in Albuquerque said the FBI had "no viable information" that could lead to a case.

Until recently, the United States has kept its doors all but shut to the estimated two million refugees fleeing the violence in Iraq. Until this year, the country had taken in fewer than 800 Iraqi refugees, according to the State Department. This May, the Bush administration pledged to resettle 7,000 Iraqi refugees here by the end of the year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can it truly get any worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Default Yes, it can get worse

I think they come across the Canadian Borders to...and they actually have training camps here in the U.S. in all those out of the way places, like the forests of Oregan, Montana...places people do not go.

Yanno, after 911 happened, I hoped it would change the U.S. for the good, in other words, we would do something that would have said to those who fell, we have been made a little wiser by your death...and we're going to do something about it.

My girlfriend has a son who works on homeland security, we are no safer then we were before 911.

I don't believe our leaders know where to begin to clean up the mess they've created...and all for the vote????

Sheesh????
This was read 23,112 times yet hardly any posts? Amazing?

They are gearing up for another attack, much bigger this time...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
I don't think this country has a chance of surviving. This President is a disgrace. He would allow the holes in the border, subjecting our citizens to great harm by terrorists, just to insure that we join Mexico. I have never regretted voting for someone this much. He should be removed after all is it not treason to allow a foreign country to just waltz in a occupy the USA? But who do we replace him with? Hillary will just be a continuation of the same open border policy.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
I was just waiting for this
"Unidentified individuals would then transport them to train stations in El Paso, Texas or Belen, New Mexico," according to the FBI document.

Can it truly get any worse?
As far as the "train stations", Belen has no rail passenger service, although El Paso does. Many freights do pass through both places daily, enroute between the midwest and California. Still, it seems like rail yards are pretty closely watched these days.
All this is small consolation though, if they are indeed coming in. And I've always wondered why any terrorist worth his "virgins" wouldn't prefer walking across EITHER of our land borders as opposed to the risks of trying to enter via a US airport.
Can't figure the "Decider" out. I, too, bitterly regret being "taken in" by him, and many of his agendas are just beyond me. Is it possible he's gotten his programs confused, and is going to allow these Iraqis in to "DO THE SUICIDE BOMBIN' THAT AMERICANS WON'T DO ?"-- I just can't figure the guy out. Truly frightening.....

Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
I don't think you can eliminate terrorists with borders OR stop them from being in this country.

I mean, look at Timothy McVeigh.

Terrorism starts in the mind, in the brain. You have to fight it there before it can take hold in someone's head. It's senseless to try and stop a person who is set on causing destruction once his mindset is that destruction is the only solution.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't think you can eliminate terrorists with borders OR stop them from being in this country.

Terrorism starts in the mind, in the brain. You have to fight it there before it can take hold in someone's head. It's senseless to try and stop a person who is set on causing destruction once his mindset is that destruction is the only solution.
We may not be able to stop every terrorist from entering, but with the military guarding our borders and ports, we can stop the majority from coming in. McVeigh was an aberration, and it will happen on occasion. But most of the terrorist activity occurring in America today is the result of illegal Mexican aliens. In fact, Mexican illegal aliens have killed far more Americans than al queda has.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Default Good, to a point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Good points, but incomplete. McVeigh was plainly an aberration. He was a nut case, but not a member of any group of the size neccessary to be considered significant in his own society or any other. He was a citizen of the US, and had virtually zero "backing" for his foul deed among his fellow citizens. Also, McVeigh wasn't suicidal- he wanted to do his thing, then live on.
You are correct in that we can't anticipate all such acts. But there are definite groups and movements in which such acts are widely promoted and honored. There are organizations which publically call for it. These organizations, and their members, certainly at least bear watching. Certainly not all Middle Eastern muslims are terrorists- that's absurd. However, at this point, from what we do know, an overwhelming percentage of suicide bombers do come from a relatively select group of young muslim males from certain parts of the Middle East. We certainly wouldn't be out of line to pay attention as they enter the US. We are largely prevented from this due to its "racial profiling" aspect. We are free to dismiss this, but we do so at our peril.
Most KKK members are white males. Most rapists are men. Most Lutherans are white. And most suicide bombers are young, male Middle Eastern muslims.
BTW, I remember that at our local nuclear facility, just after 9/11, the manager was asked about security. He admitted that, though they had regular drills each month, up to that point, they had NEVER considered a possible attack by an infiltrator who was SUICIDAL. They were having trouble adfjusting to this "new" concept, and presumably were going to re-write their security drills.....

Old 07-18-2007, 01:33 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
Hahahahahahahhaah You guys all voted for Bush and now look at him follow up on his campaign pledge to keep you safe........Is he keeping you safe now??????? I thought they couldn't come here if we fought them over there????? What happened to all that logic??????????????

Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I don't think this country has a chance of surviving. This President is a disgrace. He would allow the holes in the border, subjecting our citizens to great harm by terrorists, just to insure that we join Mexico. I have never regretted voting for someone this much. He should be removed after all is it not treason to allow a foreign country to just waltz in a occupy the USA? But who do we replace him with? Hillary will just be a continuation of the same open border policy.
Well, I will say this, I applaud you for being honest...most who voted for him would defend him, his actions and his administration to the hilt, simply b/c they voted for him and he is a republican.
Thank goodness for you, you are a breath of fresh air.....

and yes, I agree with you...in every word of your post.
Both parties are corrupt...and support they're own adgendas...it isn't about what is good for the people anymore, but what is good for their supporters...
Don't they ever get tired of scratching each other's backs

Honest Post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration