Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:30 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

These "Citizens" wouldn't be if our border were secure. Talk about mean spirited! Coming here strictly to live like a parasite off of US tax payers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Disgusting.

Nobody does anything about it.

Nobody is GOING to do anything about it.

The article could ONLY appear in a newspaper OTHER THAN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES.

The LA Times will NEVER run this story it should be front page news.

Quote:
The report represents an increase of nearly $3 million from November 2009. This amounts to approximately 22 percent of all CalWORKs and Food Stamp issuances in the county.
And they keep coming and having babies.

ARE WE BROKE ENOUGH YET???

Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
[quote=Benicar;17464806]Mind you, this is just one month in one county. Birthright Citizenship is bankrupting this country.

Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants reaches $53M[/QUO

I don't know why Calif doesn't make it to where the applying adult MUST be a US Citizen to qualify for these benefits? Los Angeles becomes more of a cesspool everytime that I visit there.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think olecapt has this mixed up with Orange County, Ca. Which neighbors LA County. There was an article posted about O.C. forking out millions of $ more for illegals than LA, county.
But that's just a small portion of SoCal.
The east side of LA county borders with the county I lived in, SanBernardino county(the largest county in the country) who has open arms for illegals. Further north is SanFernando Valley(Central valley) with most all run down farming towns.
And then to the south is SanDiego Co.
They've all been sucked dry with the help of County District Supervisors who encourage illegal immigration for the soul purpose of creating population growth. Which in turn raises the annual budget.
My point is: I left SoCal because I nolonger see any hope.

Not get off the subject:

The reason that Orange county is paying more for illegals than LA county is:

The city of LA isn't in LA Co, it's in Orange Co. and as long as LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is in office, SoCal doesn't have a chance.
The City of LA isn't in Los Angeles Cty?!!! What?
I can assure you that ALL of Los Angeles is in Los Angeles Cty.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
It is not just in California. I wonder how many of the people who feel so sorry for these people realize that they are bankrupting the entire nation. I have heard the same story from those who know in other areas. The hospitals seem to be hit the hardest.

I believe if the public really knew how much these people are costing the taxpayers, they would be up in arms demanding that they be sent home.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mind you, this is just one month in one county. Birthright Citizenship is bankrupting this country.

Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants reaches $53M
And to think there are THOUSANDS of veterans of war who are homeless, on the street and UNABLE to get government assistance because they do not "qualify" .

What in the hell is wrong with this country?

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-19-2011, 11:21 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
[quote=wehotex;17493201]
Quote:
Mind you, this is just one month in one county. Birthright Citizenship is bankrupting this country.

Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants reaches $53M[/QUO

I don't know why Calif doesn't make it to where the applying adult MUST be a US Citizen to qualify for these benefits? Los Angeles becomes more of a cesspool everytime that I visit there.
Because in LA they have politicians, union leaders and others that are 1 or 2 generations removed from Illegal aliens and those that have Illegal alien family members. I do agree with you that California should put a stop to this.

What doesn't seem to get addressed much is that Illegals and Anchors compete for scarce resources with ALL Americans. Anchor babies are generally loyal to their own culture and Illegal parents homelands and that's where their sympathies lie.

LA has Americans of Hispanic heritage going back to the founding of this State and City and alot of them disagree with Illegal Immigration also, but this doesn't seem to merit much media coverage.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Anchor baby, refined.

That alone should propel the desire to end birthright citizenship.
I agree 100%

Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
[quote=antarez;17493403]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Because in LA they have politicians, union leaders and others that are 1 or 2 generations removed from Illegal aliens and those that have Illegal alien family members. I do agree with you that California should put a stop to this.

What doesn't seem to get addressed much is that Illegals and Anchors compete for scarce resources with ALL Americans. Anchor babies are generally loyal to their own culture and Illegal parents homelands and that's where their sympathies lie.

LA has Americans of Hispanic heritage going back to the founding of this State and City and alot of them disagree with Illegal Immigration also, but this doesn't seem to merit much media coverage.
That's because there aren't enough of them who put the rule of law above their ethnicity. If they rose up in large numbers against illegal immigraton and screamed as loud as the pro-illegal advocates do I would be willing to bet it would get a lot of media coverage.

Keep in mind that the advocates would call them "coconuts and vendidos" if they did that just like they call us non-hispanics racists for having the same pro-laws mindset. It puts off a lot of people who then keep their opinions to themselves, unfortunately.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:

Welfare costs for children of illegal immigrants reaches $53M

but but but I thought they put in more they take out???????????

Illegal immigration is killing this country.....plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration