Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

The Utah Compact - Read the Utah Compact

Just pretend it doesn't exist and hopefully it will go away all by itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:19 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
and it's all about "immigrants", not one word about illegals. Yet again we see officials trying to blur the lines between legal migrants and criminals who are here illegally.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 AM

182 posts, read 406,425 times
Once the Mormon community starts dealing with the crime, rapes, assaults, drunkenness, lewdness, etc which the illegals have brought to other areas we will see Utah singing a different tune.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
may be I don't want someone from Utah to be my next president......just sayin'

Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
And wait until they start seeing their pay undercut.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
If I don't see it, it's not happening.................sigh

Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
may be I don't want someone from Utah to be my next president......just sayin'
Surely you don't think everyone from Utah believes exactly the same way? We're all individuals, just like everybody else.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The Utah Compact - Read the Utah Compact

Just pretend it doesn't exist and hopefully it will go away all by itself.
That's what you got out of it?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM

So there's something horrible about this? (from the Utah compact):

Immigrants are integrated into communities across Utah. We must adopt a humane approach to this reality, reflecting our unique culture, history and spirit of inclusion. The way we treat immigrants will say more about us as a free society and less about our immigrant neighbors. Utah should always be a place that welcomes people of goodwill.

Seriously, I live in Utah and I used to be very much on the other side of the issue, i.e. "Get rid of those illegal immigrants!" Over past couple of years, a church assignment happened to put me in close contact with perhaps fifty illegal immigrants. Having got to know them and their families, and how they struggled to survive before coming to the U.S., my feelings have changed quite a bit. Had I had to raise my family in the conditions they did, I'd have probably done what they did.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So there's something horrible about this? (from the Utah compact):

Immigrants are integrated into communities across Utah. We must adopt a humane approach to this reality, reflecting our unique culture, history and spirit of inclusion. The way we treat immigrants will say more about us as a free society and less about our immigrant neighbors. Utah should always be a place that welcomes people of goodwill.

Seriously, I live in Utah and I used to be very much on the other side of the issue, i.e. "Get rid of those illegal immigrants!" Over past couple of years, a church assignment happened to put me in close contact with perhaps fifty illegal immigrants. Having got to know them and their families, and how they struggled to survive before coming to the U.S., my feelings have changed quite a bit. Had I had to raise my family in the conditions they did, I'd have probably done what they did.
Well, good for you. Out of the kindness of your heart you should be donating your money and time. For those of us that don't want to donate time and money for their existence we shouldn't have to.

Why would you have kids if you cannot afford them?

What is being proposed here is 2 sets of laws. One for illegals and one for law abiding Citizens. That is WRONG WRONG WRONG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration