U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 AM
 
187 posts, read 151,709 times
Reputation: 105

Advertisements

It feels like the movement towards immigration law enforcement has dwindled over the past year, and after our most recent mass murder, in AZ, I think people are going to stay away from issues that are toxic and evoke hate, such as immigration, don't you think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Arizona
555 posts, read 735,546 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
It feels like the movement towards immigration law enforcement has dwindled over the past year, and after our most recent mass murder, in AZ, I think people are going to stay away from issues that are toxic and evoke hate, such as immigration, don't you think
You put "immigration law enforcement" and "mass murder in AZ" in the same sentence when, in fact, there is no connection between the two, despite efforts from the extreme left wing to claim otherwise. Immigration law enforcement will actually increase substantially in near term.

Law enforcement doesn't evoke hate. Lack of law enforcement evokes revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Reputation: 457
and mass murder in Arizona had nothing to do with illegal immigration...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
It feels like the movement towards immigration law enforcement has dwindled over the past year, and after our most recent mass murder, in AZ, I think people are going to stay away from issues that are toxic and evoke hate, such as immigration, don't you think
Yet another lame attempt to cloud the issue and divert attention from illegals.
How many legal citizens are killed by illegals every year? By far more than what happened on that terrible day.
How many women are raped by illegals every year?
How many victims of ID theft?
How many illegals are in our prisons for the above crimes?
Do you still want to call it a non-issue?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 PM
 
187 posts, read 151,709 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yet another lame attempt to cloud the issue and divert attention from illegals.
How many legal citizens are killed by illegals every year? By far more than what happened on that terrible day.
How many women are raped by illegals every year?
How many victims of ID theft?
How many illegals are in our prisons for the above crimes?
Do you still want to call it a non-issue?????
I am also against people breaking the law, but in times like these, with so much hate going around, we should step back and re-evaluate our attitude, I am sure that Sarah Palin now regrets targetting Rep. Gifford with gun sights, to me, that looked like when the Ku Klux Klan targeted their victims, don't you think? .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17682
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
I am also against people breaking the law, but in times like these, with so much hate going around, we should step back and re-evaluate our attitude, I am sure that Sarah Palin now regrets targetting Rep. Gifford with gun sights, to me, that looked like when the Ku Klux Klan targeted their victims, don't you think? .....

What does Sarah Palin have to do with illegal immigration or the KKK?

What does the KKK have to do with illegal immigration?

The only thing I can comb from this rather obscure post is that there is rising hatred against people breaking the law, you know, criminals. Is that the angle you were working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
I am also against people breaking the law, but in times like these, with so much hate going around, we should step back and re-evaluate our attitude, I am sure that Sarah Palin now regrets targetting Rep. Gifford with gun sights, to me, that looked like when the Ku Klux Klan targeted their victims, don't you think? .....
If you really want to read hatred go read the words of pro illegal organizations like La Raza or the nitwits at the Dreamie forums. Illegal immigration had nothing to do with the shooting in Arizona. Opposition to the massive importation of low skilled, law breaking migrants from a single ethnic group has nothing to do with racism. The American taxpayer should not have to make sure that the underclass in Mexico or Honduras can come here to have all the babies and consumer goods they ever want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
I am also against people breaking the law, but in times like these, with so much hate going around, we should step back and re-evaluate our attitude, I am sure that Sarah Palin now regrets targetting Rep. Gifford with gun sights, to me, that looked like when the Ku Klux Klan targeted their victims, don't you think? .....
You are confusing the words hate and objection in the illegal immigration issue and I am sure it is on purpose. Re-evaluate our attitude? You mean be accepting of illegal immigration? I don't think so! You are taking Palin's words out of context and twisting the meaning of them. You do know what an analogy is, don't you? It never looked like the KKK targeted these victims because the killer wasn't a member of the KKK or any other white nationalist groups. It was the left who tried to smear the right by making unwarrented comparisons and accusations to racism and it never proved out. These killings had nothing to do with illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 02:50 PM
 
187 posts, read 151,709 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are confusing the words hate and objection in the illegal immigration issue and I am sure it is on purpose. Re-evaluate our attitude? You mean be accepting of illegal immigration? I don't think so! You are taking Palin's words out of context and twisting the meaning of them. You do know what an analogy is, don't you? It never looked like the KKK targeted these victims because the killer wasn't a member of the KKK or any other white nationalist groups. It was the left who tried to smear the right by making unwarrented comparisons and accusations to racism and it never proved out. These killings had nothing to do with illegal immigration.
I am also against illegal immigration, I just think that we are going too far with the rethoric, we have to remember that there are almost 50 million american citizens of spanish ancestry, and they are not responsible for the people that break the law, regarding Palin, her message was very clear, "Gifford is the enemy" and put gun sights over her name, any questions?.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17682
Until the pro-criminal side can differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants in any talk it's going to be a tough go for Hispanics. You can thank the far left for that, the crowd that refers to everyone as simply "immigrants" while stating our laws are inhumane and unjust.

Know this, most all criminal activity is born out of desperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top