Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:17 PM

452 posts, read 1,129,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Only a week after Live Earth, eco-warrior Al Gore didn't do much for his green credentials when he shocked fellow environmentalists by serving up an endangered fish at his daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner.

The former US vicepresident provided 75 guests with Chilean sea bass - one of the world's most threatened fish species.

Gore, 59, who created the climate change documentary An Inconvenient Truth, sampled a sixcourse tasting menu at Beverly Hills' Crustacean restaurant which included the sea bass - also known as Patagonian toothfish.

Also known as Patagonian toothfish, the species is under huge pressure from illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing activities in the Southern Ocean, jeopardising the sustainability of remaining stocks.

It is known as one of the world's most endangered species of fish. Evidently a fact not known by the Gores.
Eco-warrior Al Gore serves up endangered fish at daughter's party | the Daily Mail

I am not surprised by this at all, the man is a total fraud. I guess Mr. Gore will have to start selling "Endangered Sea Bass Credits." This will make his "mistake" ok. What a fool this man is and all the people that believe this man cares about the environment are the BIGGER fools, this man only cares about filling his pockets with change. Let us sing a little diddy,

" Oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of eaten sea bass is gone
Oh yeah they say life goes on
Long after the thrill of taking the life of the sea bass is gone "

" Gonna let it rock, let it roll
gobble down all the sea bass till its gone
Holden on to the sea bass with both my hands
gonna swallow it whole cause I’m enviro-man "

"Rock on"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 PM

452 posts, read 1,129,980 times
Default Moderator

Put this in wrong section, please delete

Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM

764 posts, read 1,452,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
Eco-warrior Al Gore serves up endangered fish at daughter's party | the Daily Mail

I am not surprised by this at all, the man is a total fraud. I guess Mr. Gore will have to start selling "Endangered Sea Bass Credits." This will make his "mistake" ok. What a fool this man is and all the people that believe this man cares about the environment are the BIGGER fools, this man only cares about filling his pockets with change. Let us sing a little diddy,

" Oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of eaten sea bass is gone
Oh yeah they say life goes on
Long after the thrill of taking the life of the sea bass is gone "

" Gonna let it rock, let it roll
gobble down all the sea bass till its gone
Holden on to the sea bass with both my hands
gonna swallow it whole cause I’m enviro-man "

"Rock on"
It's not an endangered species. Complain to the pirates and poachers. Here's somone else to blame who really had something to do with it all:

reveries.com :: marketing insights + ideas » Blog Archive » Patagonian Toothfish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration