U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,975,847 times

Advertisements

Maybe that's why they're so quick to call "racism" to every anti-illegal suggestion, because racism is what they're used to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Maybe that's why they're so quick to call "racism" to every anti-illegal suggestion, because racism is what they're used to?
That's the way I see it. If you think about ir, it's just another sign of
bring Mexico to the US with them.
They don't want to leave Mexico, so it answers the question of why California and the US is looking just like Mexico.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,902 times
Mexico thinks it's citizens have a right to cross ther border illegally, and they don't want anyone from farther south impinging on that 'right.'

Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,199,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The Mexican govt will go about issuing ID to adults and children within the country. Those who have illegally entered the US will not be present to obtain their ID. Anchor babies will not have ben present for scanning, so they won't be considered citizens. Then what happens? Does the Mexican govt claim that those who have illegally entered the US where never Mexican to begin with?
I see one giant grey area with which Mexico is going to try to force the US to grant amnesty.

How many of us know of a Mexican of European ancestry who has illegally crossed the border? Most of the Latin American illegals we see are the indigenous, darker (brown) complexioned people. Mexico has race issues with these brown Mexicans -- if they can be rid of them -- so be it.
Racism Rears Its Ugly Head in Mexico (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2005/08/03/cstillwell.DTL - broken link)

Racism And Business In Mexico : Mexico Business
Is Mexico's racism problem driving the U.S. immigration problem?
This happens across ALL Latin America. There is a lot of racism in most, if not all, Latin American countries towards those who are of dark complexion. Look at the Puerto Rico Cámara de Representantes and the Senate and most people are white or tanned, even the governor and his cabinet and yet there's no outcry from the mainland liberals. Guess it goes to show, you're allowed to discriminate in the U.S., as long as the discriminator is Hispanic or black (Eric Holder for example)

Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,900,695 times
Quote:
Here's an idea - once Mexico rolls this out, how about any Mexican caught in the USA without a valid US issued visa OR the new Mexican national ID card gets summarily deported, no questions asked, no hearings, no appeals.
Even if the illegal alien has the new card they still should get deported.

The only question they should be asked before being put on the bus back to Mexico is do they have to go to the bathroom.....

Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Even if the illegal alien has the new card they still should get deported.

The only question they should be asked before being put on the bus back to Mexico is do they have to go to the bathroom.....
Just leave a bucket in the back of the Bus.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This happens across ALL Latin America. There is a lot of racism in most, if not all, Latin American countries towards those who are of dark complexion. Look at the Puerto Rico Cámara de Representantes and the Senate and most people are white or tanned, even the governor and his cabinet and yet there's no outcry from the mainland liberals. Guess it goes to show, you're allowed to discriminate in the U.S., as long as the discriminator is Hispanic or black (Eric Holder for example)
Yeppers.

Youre correct. Im a white looking Chicano who looks anglo so I get left alone plus I dont speak Spanish good. The anglos think Im one of them, maybe Italian and the Chicanos also see me as a homie.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:08 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,418,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We all remember this.

How could we forget?

They get to enforce their system and illegal immigration, but he wants them invade and criticize us.

More here
Can you please provide the article where it states that Mexico did not want the U.S. to know about the new ID's it was planning to implement? Thank you.

I remember reading an article from Mexico that stated how there were three different ID's for different things like voting, National ID and one other one. On top of that, the old ones were so outdated and had been cloned. There was a case where a drug trafficker/murder had seven different identities. This created a huge problem when the authorities were looking for him. We do not have that kind of problem. However, if the U.S. decides to get a National card, we should. I do not think Mexico will try to stop us.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,660,718 times
Quote:

No, it's because they are desperate. They know they are in the wrong but they love the play the race card.

You want to deport illegal immigrants? You are a RACIST!

It makes no sense.

If you say California is being overrun by Mexicans, you are a RACIST!

Even though it is a FACT.

It's a neverending debate.

I would like to be president someday you know? But at the same time I probably would be assassinated by illegal immigrants and their offspring because I am extremely conservative when it comes to the issue....and I would do anything in my power to have them shipped out of here.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:17 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The Mexican govt will go about issuing ID to adults and children within the country. Those who have illegally entered the US will not be present to obtain their ID. Anchor babies will not have ben present for scanning, so they won't be considered citizens. Then what happens? Does the Mexican govt claim that those who have illegally entered the US where never Mexican to begin with?
I see one giant grey area with which Mexico is going to try to force the US to grant amnesty.

How many of us know of a Mexican of European ancestry who has illegally crossed the border? Most of the Latin American illegals we see are the indigenous, darker (brown) complexioned people. Mexico has race issues with these brown Mexicans -- if they can be rid of them -- so be it.
Racism Rears Its Ugly Head in Mexico (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2005/08/03/cstillwell.DTL - broken link)

Racism And Business In Mexico : Mexico Business
Is Mexico's racism problem driving the U.S. immigration problem?
Very possible. An amnestied woman here was caught shoplifting, they found 4 IDs on her, all 4 obtained when the big amnesty was given. They had to investigate why she had 4 separate amnestied IDs - in 3 different states and they found she had been receiving food stamps and welfare (SSI) handouts on all 4 of her ID's.

She bailed out of jail but skipped bail by heading back to her own country. The irony - along the way she had lost her Mexican ID and was unable to be employed there.

When they gave that amnesty of the 1980s, it was such a giant free-for-all that a whole lot of fraud was committed and nothing prevented someone from getting more identities with papers than just one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or