U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:44 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,497,749 times

Advertisements

After the speech tonight by Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) expect much more of the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 10:47 PM

182 posts, read 357,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What sickens me even more is when they post pictures of their children draped in the flag, crying or some other sad forelorn look in their eyes like we are the big meanies. They use these kids to play on our sypathies. Sorry, it doesn't work on me.
Ever notice that the sad forlorn look in their eyes is the same as those Feed the Kids commercials with the little waif playing in sewage on the street?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:06 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DogsImDone View Post
Ever notice that the sad forlorn look in their eyes is the same as those Feed the Kids commercials with the little waif playing in sewage on the street?
And ever notice that in every one of these sad stories, the illegal is at the top of his/her class - straight A student - and managed to forget all their mother-tongue somehow and so would feel out of place back home.

Meanwhile we're all told we need to learn Spanish to accomodate the illegals.

And the Dream Act wasn't just for children brought in as babies, it was as much for 15 years olds brought in recently who can't speak a word of English.

And why don't these articles mention that as soon as the Dream Act child is given his citizenship, they can start sponsoring their illegal parents, grandparents, and all the rest - the Dream Acters don't even pretend the children intend to live in the USA without their extended families staying here with them.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
These articles and stories seem so common these days. I am a compassionate person, I love people, but I don't see the point anymore in these types of articles. We already know that there are people who will be victims to their parent's illegal immigration. What are we supposed to do? Excuse everyone that is here illegally because of these situations? Is there a cutoff point? Who gets pardoned, who doesn't? You know?

You gotta love the artistic offering of the U.S. flag on her nails. There's always some attempt to create the feel of patriotism by the "Unwelcomed Illegal Immigrant Who Just Wants a Better Life" in these stories. Sometimes it is the sad-looking illegal immigrant draped by a U.S. flag as he/she seems to plead to the camera: "Let me stay."
Quote:
Then you will see them two weeks later at the rally with the flag of their native country as they shout "Who is the real immigrant (in reference to European settlers)."
or "We Hate Gringo's" or "Whites Get out of OUR Country"!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I tried to bleed from my heart, but the darn liquid just stays trapped inside the chambers and blood vessels
This Chicano got NO heart for illegals anymore. Even fellow Hispanic ones.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,384,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And ever notice that in every one of these sad stories, the illegal is at the top of his/her class - straight A student - and managed to forget all their mother-tongue somehow and so would feel out of place back home.

Meanwhile we're all told we need to learn Spanish to accomodate the illegals.

And the Dream Act wasn't just for children brought in as babies, it was as much for 15 years olds brought in recently who can't speak a word of English.

And why don't these articles mention that as soon as the Dream Act child is given his citizenship, they can start sponsoring their illegal parents, grandparents, and all the rest - the Dream Acters don't even pretend the children intend to live in the USA without their extended families staying here with them.

I agree. And why don't we see the articles about those that have to PAY for attorneys to get their SSI straightened out when an illegal has stolen their card. Or the grieving families of those who lost loved ones due to uninsured DUI illegals that kill people in car crashes. Or those that lost value in their homes due to neighborhoods being blighted.

Are all media outlets now so biased that they won't show the other side of this?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Maybe they should interview some of the employees under her "management" (if they're legal that is) and ask how they like being supervised by an illegal?

Last edited by Opyelie; 01-26-2011 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,118,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
This Chicano got NO heart for illegals anymore. Even fellow Hispanic ones.
I never had a heart for them. I know firsthand what widespread illegal immigration does to a place, and in Puerto Rico that translates into about 100 murders every month, with most murder victims ranging in age from 16-30 and male and a government that has a very poor educational system because a lot of money is diverted to pay for welfare and prisons for the illegal Dominicans and the poor Puerto Ricans they drag into the drug wars

Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Maybe they should interview some of the employees under her "management" (if they're legal that is) and ask how they like being supervised by an illegal?
LOL If I were one of her employees, I'd be calling ICE and trying to get that management position. How is an illegal immigrant going to be in a management position above a legal resident? Can you say, "Mo money, mo money, mo!?" Legal residents should be in these positions.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
LOL If I were one of her employees, I'd be calling ICE and trying to get that management position. How is an illegal immigrant going to be in a management position above a legal resident? Can you say, "Mo money, mo money, mo!?" Legal residents should be in these positions.
You got that right. I'd be that whistle blower for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration