Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“They are Americans as far as you and I can see,” says Brent Renison, an immigration lawyer in Portland. “They just don’t have a paper to show it.”
What can you say really?

Hiding In America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
So her entire family took part in this illegal, criminal act? Yet some still want us to feel sorry for their crimes?

If my Mom dropped me into the backyard of the royal family it doesn't make me royalty. No matter how long I managed to hide.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,033,188 times
Are we supposed to feel sorry for this chick? Sorry,no. I wonder if that fake SS number she bought was stolen.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
These articles and stories seem so common these days. I am a compassionate person, I love people, but I don't see the point anymore in these types of articles. We already know that there are people who will be victims to their parent's illegal immigration. What are we supposed to do? Excuse everyone that is here illegally because of these situations? Is there a cutoff point? Who gets pardoned, who doesn't? You know?

You gotta love the artistic offering of the U.S. flag on her nails. There's always some attempt to create the feel of patriotism by the "Unwelcomed Illegal Immigrant Who Just Wants a Better Life" in these stories. Sometimes it is the sad-looking illegal immigrant draped by a U.S. flag as he/she seems to plead to the camera: "Let me stay." Then you will see them two weeks later at the rally with the flag of their native country as they shout "Who is the real immigrant (in reference to European settlers)."

Old 01-25-2011, 03:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
These articles and stories seem so common these days. I am a compassionate person, I love people, but I don't see the point anymore in these types of articles. We already know that there are people who will be victims to their parent's illegal immigration. What are we supposed to do? Excuse everyone that is here illegally because of these situations? Is there a cutoff point? Who gets pardoned, who doesn't? You know?

You gotta love the artistic offering of the U.S. flag on her nails. There's always some attempt to create the feel of patriotism by the "Unwelcomed Illegal Immigrant Who Just Wants a Better Life" in these stories. Sometimes it is the sad-looking illegal immigrant draped by a U.S. flag as he/she seems to plead to the camera: "Let me stay." Then you will see them two weeks later at the rally with the flag of their native country as they shout "Who is the real immigrant (in reference to European settlers)."
What sickens me even more is when they post pictures of their children draped in the flag, crying or some other sad forelorn look in their eyes like we are the big meanies. They use these kids to play on our sypathies. Sorry, it doesn't work on me.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post

I agree. There were so many assumptions in that article that are just wrong in so many ways that I could have quoted, but it becomes overwhelming when reading this BS sometimes.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
It's funny how we never read about one of the "cast offs" doing something to right the situation besides trying to force an amnesty. Why not?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:47 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So her entire family took part in this illegal, criminal act? Yet some still want us to feel sorry for their crimes?

If my Mom dropped me into the backyard of the royal family it doesn't make me royalty. No matter how long I managed to hide.
Yeppers.

You got that right.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
What can you say really?

Hiding In America
The slimiest lawyers of all lawyers nowdays are the immigration lawyers. They'll even lie to illegals about ways to get their papers without doing things the right way, suggest sham marriage - everything just to rake in money from this.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
I tried to bleed from my heart, but the darn liquid just stays trapped inside the chambers and blood vessels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration