U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times

Advertisements

Btw, when they say "immigrants" they DO mean illegal aliens.

Quote:
ATHENS, Greece -- More than 200 immigrants occupying a state university in Athens began a hunger strike today, ratcheting up pressure on the government to legalize them as Greece grapples with a massive tide of refugees.

The immigrants, all young men and mainly from Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, arrived in Athens from the island of Crete late Monday, storming the capital's law school and settling in with blankets and sleeping bags. Fifty others launched similar protests in Thessaloniki in northern Greece, marking what supporters called the biggest hunger strike yet by immigrants in Europe.

Immigrants in Greece Occupy University, Start Hunger Strike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Btw, when they say "immigrants" they DO mean illegal aliens.

Immigrants in Greece Occupy University, Start Hunger Strike
Aint just the Greeks, the Spaniards and Italians are getting a bad attitude against illegal aliens. So is Mexico against Guatemalans. Maybe its time for the US to do the same.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,189,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Aint just the Greeks, the Spaniards and Italians are getting a bad attitude against illegal aliens. So is Mexico against Guatemalans. Maybe its time for the US to do the same.
I wish the U.S. would get tough on illegal immigration and start cleaning out the crime ridden ghettos these illegals create, then maybe I can move back to my hometown in Puerto Rico and live my life in peace down there with the rest of my family.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 AM

346 posts, read 617,201 times
Quote:
Greece's Interior Ministry said in a statement that "there is no intention and no possibility of a mass and indiscriminate legalization of aliens who have entered and reside in the country illegally,"
This is what OUR President needs to say as well, but no!...doing so would cost votes and hurt feelings!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I wish the U.S. would get tough on illegal immigration and start cleaning out the crime ridden ghettos these illegals create, then maybe I can move back to my hometown in Puerto Rico and live my life in peace down there with the rest of my family.
Yeppers. My one Mexican nana who is now a US citizen would love to head back to Juarez an retire. Aint no way with the the cartels doing their dirty work.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 AM

11,317 posts, read 16,858,239 times
Every Western country is dealing with this to one extent or the other.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times
Its a global problem

Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM

182 posts, read 358,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
This is what OUR President needs to say as well, but no!...doing so would cost votes and hurt feelings!
Plus he would need a pair of cohones, which clearly he lacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or